1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Brown

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by hkbhoy, May 15, 2007.

Discuss Scott Brown in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Cracks under pressure

dbhoy72 likes this.
  2. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Shirks tackles and can't look the opposition in the eye!

3. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

At the end of his career now anyway, it's curtains.

PEI#1 and packybhoy like this.
  4. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    Nae leadership qualities, shites out of tackles and doesn’t show enough passion.

Punt

PEI#1 likes this.
  5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    What a * boss..

Surrounded by absolute funnies..

Hammy89 likes this.
  6. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

Having another excellent season for us and consistently is one of the few to turn up in the big games.

Always shows for the ball and actually shows great composure in possession nowadays, and wins practically all his 50/50s.

I dread having to replace this man.

PEI#1 and buchanbhoy like this.
  7. Los Palmas 7 something strange happened Gold Member

Still raw, has potential.

George

JML67, PEI#1, Doogs. and 1 other person like this.
  8. joemc

Only player to keep his form ,possibly improve it this season ,our gouls from midfielders have went missing this season ,is it missing roberts causing this or teams marking us better ,who knows .

9. made in ireland

A few seasons ago I never wanted to see Scott Brown play for Celtic again. Guy’s like Andy Halliday were running over the top of him, and I thought it was time for him to hang up his boots.

I couldn’t have been more wrong. Over the last two years Brown has been immense. He’s been playing like a real captain and shows glimpses of quality which I just never thought he had in him.

As far as I’m concerned, he’s been player of the year.

10. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I fear the day he slows down to the point where he needs replaced, or retires.

11. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I'd like to see John McGinn learn from Brown's experience and help drive the side forward. Then we could afford a McGregor or Armstrong in there making the play.

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

SCOTT Brown says 2017 was an incredible year in Paradise as Celtic begin their winter break in position to make it another season to remember.

In Brendan Rodgers’ first term at the helm, the Hoops clinched an unprecedented Invincible Treble and their domestic unbeaten run lasted for a staggering 69 matches before an away loss to Hearts in December.

In the current campaign, the Bhoys have retained the League Cup, secured European football beyond Christmas and hold a commanding lead at the top of the table.

Speaking to the media, Brown said: “It’s been phenomenal. Ever since the manager came in, he has been a breath of fresh air, especially for me. I’m enjoying my football and in every game we see to get better and better, and we have more belief in ourselves.

"The run we went on was fantastic and winning the treble was incredible. This bunch of lads have been great, giving everything and they have looked after their bodies on and off the park, and now it’s time for a little bit of downtime and time to enjoy the family.”

And while the champions didn't end the year with three points after being held to a goal-less draw by Rangers, the captain highlighted the positives of memorable 12 months.

“These games are always tough but since the manager has come in we have done really well in them – we have had six wins and two draws, so it’s not been too bad for us, and it’s been a great year overall, so you have to take the positives out of that," he said.

"We tried to be dominant all the way through the game and play our own way," continued the 32-year-old. "They managed to close us down a bit better than they did in the second half but yet again we had a lot of chances in the first half and if you score one then maybe we can kick on from there. We were a little bit unlucky in that way and they came out in the second-half with a little bit more belief as well.

"For us, we just try and play our way and focus on ourselves more than anyone. We don’t worry about Rangers, Motherwell or whoever it is. We just focus on our performance, how we can get better and how we can improve after January now.”

Brown reserved particular praise for Craig Gordon after the Scotland internationalist made a number of superb saves in the second period to deny the Ibrox side.

“Craigy is fantastic," he added. "There are a lot of people who doubt him but it shows what a class goalie yet again. He’s great with his feet and he makes great saves and that’s why we pay top dollar to have a top-quality keeper like that.”

Now the skipper and his team-mates are looking forward to a much-needed period of respite as they enjoy some time off with their families before reporting back for duty in Dubai for the club’s mid-season training camp.

“I have played 38 games and when you look across the board we're probably up there with most games played and it’s just going to get longer next season with the Champions League qualification," said Brown. "It’s football and we enjoy playing game but we also enjoy a little bit of rest. The club are taking us to Dubai and it will be like a mini pre-season as well after the week off we get.”

13. rkid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Hope to * we aren't actually paying top dollar for Craig Gordon :43:

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

He's on big money.

15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    If I was him I'm no joking I'd be tempted to slap the * out of Armstrong and McGregor..

charlietully likes this.
  16. ScouseHoops Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace/The Huddle Song!
  17. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

“Know your place, hun scum”

ScouseHoops likes this.
  18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

19. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Look how that wee shitebag * is already half pulling out through fear before Broony's even touched him..

No so brave like the semi at Hampden when he was elbowing and right amongst a completely * Broony rushed back with injuries..

ScouseHoops likes this.
  20. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Thankfully he sin't showing any signs of slowing down to the point where we need to replace him yet. But that day sadly will come and he will be so tough to replace. He has become such a top player and excellent leader as well really drives the team.