1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Brown

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by hkbhoy, May 15, 2007.

Discuss Scott Brown in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. T.D.

Fav Celtic Player:
    JOHN REID OUT
    Fav Celtic Song:
    LET THE PEOPLE SING!!!
    Appiah Is 10x the player Brown is. The world cup proved that.

2. TIMMY!

Hibs weren't a patch on us 2 season ago neither were Hearts how is Buying there PLayers going to improve us?

We are just making the competition worse.

£4.4 Milion is a joke,We could have had Appiah for that money and he is the finished article this guy is only 21 ffs and totally unproven,One half against fvckin Georgia and he is a £5 Million player

Don't fvckin think so.

Though it will be good to have that aggression in midfield

3. blacky88

4. Sean81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    I guarantee you we couldn't have signed Appiah for that kinda cash. It'll take at least £5.5 for him.

If we offload a few of our fringe players (Jarosik and Miller etc) we could end up re-couping most of the cash we've paid for him so quit yer moaning.

5. MattMcG

It`s a lot of money in todays market. And more than Strachan has spent on anyone else. This would suggest that the board and Strachan feel that he will be, by far, our best player.

I`ve only ever seen Brown when he`s played against us, and a few other times, and I didn`t think he looked anything special. Good, but not great. I just hope he`s not another player being overhyped by the media because he`s Scottish (Ferguson, dare I say Hartley).

He will need to stop the late challanges and sly kicks as well. He won`t be long on the park in hoops if he continues that carry on. Hopefully he`ll mature quickly at Celtic and become the player that a lot of people believe he can.

6. Tim{e}4ten

Fav Celtic Player:
    ever--john collins
    Fav Celtic Song:
    4 leaf clover
    everybody whos slagged him off will be singing his praises this time next year,4.4 a lot of cash indeed it is, imo our next big names are gonna cost more than broon am fevered up for next season already.mon the hoops

p.s. get it up you wattie last time he managed them we couldnae keep up with their spending now the tables have turned and we need tae milk it every step o the way.

7. gibby150

Fav Celtic Player:
    brown,,skippy ,sammy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk on,willie maley
    personally i think he will be a crackin player but thats my opinion. i know the fee is high but it maybe include add on`s . if the boy does sign lets get right behind him..

8. Graham1888

slowly walking down the hall,faster than a cannonb
    Fav Celtic Player:
    McGrain.McStay Sutton.Thommo.Lubo.Mjallby
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields

He's unproven cos he hasn't done it against good players.Ferguson owned him in hun matches this year except for the 1st one.Lenny psyched him out with the headbutt and he disappeared from the game.Think he scored against us in 1 game this season but that was all he did in that match.

Strikes me for jus a little more apparently the likes of Barton or Appiah could be got,and they have done it at a pretty high level although Barton is questionable.Still don't believe that we will pay 4.5 up front but if we do i'd be concerned that we have bought into Petrie's plan to fleece us by playing one off the other,And fair play to him too he's played a blinder

9. Overkill187 Batshitcrazy

£4.4 is a * of a price considering he is a youngster, only played in the spl so far. we are looking to improve our team for the ucl next season. is he good enough to play against the best in europe? we don't know yet as he is unproven. he might be a talent, but £4.4 is over the top for a player like him.

we could get proven internationalists for 6.4 mio €

10. BringItHome!CE

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields
    The boy has been taled by clubs it shows that he has something as its not every day prem teams come calling for spl players.

11. mc_

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson,lennon,petrov
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    expensive but will hopefully prove to be a good investment.with any player coming to the old firm especially you can never tell until they are here and playing.

can the people criticising him think of many spl midfielders that have performed better over last couple of seasons?

12. jonny_cfc_n01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka and King Arthur
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldiers song
    Brown will become even better training with better players every week. I have a feeling he will turn out to be a crucial singing in years to come

13. celticmad117

Fav Celtic Player:
    The holy goalie, arthur boruc
    Im 1/2 and 1/2 on this one as he hes good player but disapears and 4.4 mil seens to much
    Playing with better players and better training will result in him becomnig better

14. jonny_cfc_n01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka and King Arthur
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldiers song
    Glad tbh

Been saying since Sutton, Thommo left that we need some really dirty * in our team and Brown is certainly that

15. Rosco67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Bobo Balde
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Wouldn't exactly say we need a dirty *, no team really needs one of those. However, a really aggressive player is a differant kettle of fish, every team needs players like that. And Brown certainly fits that bill!

16. jonny_cfc_n01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka and King Arthur
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldiers song
    I Was exageratting for effect there Rosco:84:

We need players to lift the crowd by getting stuck in

17. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Brown.... An attacking version of Neil Lennon in a few years - can't be bad eh?

He will get stuck in and play for the jersey every match i reckon :50:

TESLA and Callum McGregor like this.
  18. stirfry999

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate oreily kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    y n w a
    I have said this before and i will say it again; if celtic sign brown it will be the best signing they make this summer. I have watched him since he was 12 or 13 year old this guy is pure class. just because he is not coming from abroad its like oh no he cannot be worth 4 and a half million. Trust me this guy is class; its the best money we will spend this year please let it come true :50:

19. cRonaldo7

20. gibby150

Fav Celtic Player:
    brown,,skippy ,sammy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk on,willie maley
    good good .. why do they always make it undisclosed...