1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Brown

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by hkbhoy, May 15, 2007.

Discuss Scott Brown in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. jophismack

On a pavement thinkin' bout the government
    Fav Celtic Player:
    Skippy the huns hate ye noo-oooooo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Gotta say I like the kid as a player. He's a bit of a hot-head and I dunno about £4.4m but his best years are still well ahead of him. We should get our moneys worth in the long run.

Tommy Burns said after the game on Sat that we could well be looking for a more dynamic midfielder to fill Lennons position. Brown would be nice acquisition and I think Celtic would be a better move for him than Boro or the huns.

2. Dempsey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc & McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    At 4.5M our management are feeling confident of his potential, they've spent more on him than Hesselink, he was 3.2M wasn't he?

I think he'll get Michael Carrick treatment for a while

3. gerry_bhoy

Sometimes I feel that to mate, It does feel good seeing more Scots/Irish in the team but often I feel theres better for less on the continent. Decent Young Scottish players are often hyped up to be amazing and we make ourselves believe it because we want top players to come from Scotland.

But in this case, I believe Brown will become a Celtic legend if he signs, I do really rate him.

4. jonny_cfc_n01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka and King Arthur
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldiers song
    I think he will turn out to be a great signing for years to come. Got a funny feeling that GS will try to strike up a partnership with Brown and Tommy G unless a new signing comes in

5. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    If we've got the money then pay it. Brown would be a fantastic player for us imo. The kind of midfield player we are crying out for.

Callum McGregor likes this.
  6. T.D.

Fav Celtic Player:
    JOHN REID OUT
    Fav Celtic Song:
    LET THE PEOPLE SING!!!
    jesus christ £4.4m.

That would be an awful move. :38:

7. stevenh1983

As i've already said totally agree, don't think anyone is of the opinon that he is worth that much. I would say £2.5m tops is the most we should be offering, if Middlesborough want to spend £5.5m on him then let them do so.

8. TIMothy

Im pretty sure he would do a great job for us if he signed. However its a lot of money for a position we still have some decent cover for, Hartley, Sno, Gravesen etc.

Lets hope we have plenty of cash left to bring in a decent striker.

9. sco-ire1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    coming home
    good signing and am happy with it. well done board.

10. Ricardinho

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    The transfer of Brown, 21, to the Scottish Champions for a fee of around £4.4m is expected to be confirmed on Tuesday.
    The Scotland midfielder's agent, Willie MacKay, told BBC Scotland: "He (Brown) is definitely going to Celtic."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/6653201.stm

Looks almost signed sealed and delievered now then

Lilac Wine likes this.
  11. Riordan_14

If the board think that Brown is worth that amout then thats what theyl give. I think if Bron does sign he'll be a brilliant player for us and maybe make us a few bob if we were to sell him :celt_2:

12. blacky88

13. cRonaldo7

i cant believe were questioning the price Celtic are willing 2 pay for brown :31:

Look at the teams that have been looking at him premiership teams, they dint jst try and sign Scottish talent for nothing (due 2 the Scottish league being vastly underrated in england) :shamrock:he is a special talent and only 21 ffs:shamrock:.

People in jubilation when the transfer of Tomas graveson was announced (these people dont understand football). Any-one who had watched him for real Madrid could easily see he lacked quality and positional sense, he jst hasn't cut it in our so called mediocre league unlike brown who Ive seen take control of the midfield every time Ive seen him play.

:shamrock:HAIL HAIL CELTIC LOOK ON THE ROAD 2 DOMINANCE IN THE SPL AND I BELIVE WERE GNNA GIVE EUROPE A SHOWING NXT YEAR:shamrock:

14. Graham1888

slowly walking down the hall,faster than a cannonb
    Fav Celtic Player:
    McGrain.McStay Sutton.Thommo.Lubo.Mjallby
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields
    Seen Brown disappear in as many games as he's been good in.He has what 2 international caps and is potential that is all.Why shouldn't people question it?i don't personally believe the fee quoted but if it's true it's a huge punt on an unproven player.
    Sno for 80k is one thing
    Brown for 4.4ml is completely different What has the premiership got to do with anything either??There are clubs there trying to sign Gravesen who you obviously don't rate.
    And those same clubs are obviously not willing to spend the same amount that allegedly we are.

15. Rosco67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Bobo Balde
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
  16. cRonaldo7

Uve seen brown disappear from games?? all the time ive watched him and things get tough he's the one putting a foot in getting right in there, sum thing we need since Lennon is off :50:

How is he un-proven he's won midfield battles with celtic and rangers?? against proven quality etc petrov,lennon,jiri,graveson,hemdani and square baws fergison also the rest of the spl teams (sumthing i may add jiri and graveson have been unable 2 do). Jst because he hasnt played in europe against the best teams doesnt mean he is unproven (its actualy a coup for celtic because if he had he would be worth double wht he is now)

Evander sno is a great player and i expect him 2 progress but he isnt ready anlike brown:50:

All i can say is if he signs wait and see m8!! :shamrock:hail hail:shamrock:

17. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I think if we were linked to a player of Brown's quality anywhere else in Europe and were quoted as ready to pay £4.4m we would be praising the club for showing that they mean business. Because it is from another Scottish team some people have doubts about the fee.

Sydneysider and Callum McGregor like this.
  18. Sean81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Spot on Paul. Its a big fee to pay for Brown but he's going to be a top, top player. We must have a fair transfer kitty if we're spending this much on our first target. The future's bright, the future's green and white :celt_2:

19. Dempsey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc & McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    The definition of Michael Carrick/Owen Hargreaves Syndrome.

20. cRonaldo7

spot on m8 :50:

If this guy played in turkey like appiea we would be jumping for joy (the turkish league is poorer than the spl)

But because he plays in the spl its... "* y would u pay that amount for a spl player" simple answer he is quality and it would be very hard 2 find sumone better than him for less than 5mill.