1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Brown

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by hkbhoy, May 15, 2007.

Discuss Scott Brown in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. format

Hoovield can replace Brown as captain IMO. Not ideal but by the looks of things a better leader than Brown already.

2. lichtiebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Boruc, Broon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Over & Over
    Some good posts here. He's not a 'rotten' footballer, but he has certainly failed to materialise into the footballer that I, and I'm sure a lot of guys, thought he would. If it's the final year of his contract we might as well give him the year to see if he comes good, coz we're not gonna get any decent fee for him now.Saying this, I hope the other guys are given a chance and he is dropped if not performing.
    As for captain, I find him very unconvincing. As a few posts point out, he has a lot of uncontrolled agression, gives away needless free kicks, and certainly does not get the best out of his team-mates. Question is. Who else?? It's a big thing missing from our squad. Leadership. I really cannot think who should be captain. Anyone?

3. seanolamisio

Fav Celtic Player:
    king henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    only chance of winning the league back is if that clown gets punted or injured

4. DannybhoyCFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown, Roberts, Dembele, Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Joe Mcdonnell, Grace
    thought he did everything right tonight. until he lost his temper.

5. horseshoe

thought he started well tonight, I was all set to eat my words, but then he reverted to his usual, lucky to be on the park at the end of the game kicking out like that, moronic behaviour for any player nevermind captain.

6. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    He's an out and out imposter. I don't know how people can defend this guy.

7. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

He didn't do well at any point. He is more interested in kicking people and moaning to the referee than he is in playing attacking football.

A waste of a player in the middle and the quicker our new manager realises that the better.

8. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    He offers nothing in a positive way to our team. We wont win the league if he starts 85% of the games.

9. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    this guy is never a celtic player never mind captain of our team he is never going to live up to the potential that was overhyped in the first place get him tae!

10. smadabhoy

He should be dropped he just isnt good enough all he is good for is trying to fight with people... he is a liability ye always think he will get sent off.

11. horseshoe

At least if he got sent off he'd miss the next game and the decision to play him or not would be made for us. :rolleyes:

12. Hector

Fav Celtic Player:
    LARSSON
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Brown should be replaced by juarez in the middle ASAP

13. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

If someone offered 2 million quid for him tommorow I would bite their hand off, seriously. He can go and potter about someone elses midfield looking to pick fights.

Juarez has shown more attacking prowess in 2 games than Brown has done in over 3 seasons, how shocking is that? This guy is the captain of our team, I shake my head in disbelief every time I see him walking about with the armband on.

14. Hector

Fav Celtic Player:
    LARSSON
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I know it epitomises how low we've dropped when are captain Brown goes off the armband is given to Maloney or fecking Loovens

15. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    same old brown, where are all the brown lovers now? the guy need to be droped and strip him of that arm band.......

16. kennydal

Still waiting on a performance from this guy ,Hibs seen us coming the day they sold him ,seriously i would get rid asap ,he adds nothing to that midfield and he is always up for a barny when he should walk away ,a sign of his own frustration i think knowing he is not cutting it.

17. Markybhoy

I'd like to see Broony tried on the right side of midfield, he's played there for Scotland in the past and played well. Playing in the middle in a 4-4-2 certainly doesn't seem to get the best out of him and he doesn't seem to strike up a good partnership with anybody either.

I still think he has ability though so perhaps a change of position might do the trick. Maybe a midfield of(from left to right):

Ledley-----Ki/Crosas-----Juarez-----Brown

18. Richmal

Brown is *, he is ruining any chance of the team improving, we are much better without him, he is avarage player:38:

19. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside

i think he has had his chance and i think alot of people will agree with that and he sould never be our captain, i would rather give forrest a game on the right before scott brown, and would also give the new bhoys at parkhead a game before him, i hope lennon thinks about what he has done making brown his captain.....

20. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    His only real chance to impress is playing a more attacking role in a 5 man midfield, and that is not going to happen at Celtic.

He just cannot play in a 4 man midfield. He has the energy, but not the temperament or ability.

His best performances are for Scotland, and at Hibs (where it drew our attention), both 5 man midfields.

In short, he's no good to us.