1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Bain

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Blochairnbhoy, Jan 31, 2018.

Discuss Scott Bain in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    That Taylor who was back up for Seaman and Lehmann at Arsenal I think then went to Man City and done the same. Paid for doing * all:56:

Hilario at Chelsea too.

freitassen and Callum McGregor like this.
  2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

SB on his 4-year deal: "I'm delighted! I think it's more than I could have thought when I first came in so I'm over the moon."

SB on which game potentially earned him a contract: "The game at Ibrox showed my mentality and that I can play for Celtic. You really need ice in your veins to play for this club, especially in the big games."

SB on his role at #CelticFC: "We know Craigy [Gordon] is number one here. My job is to push him, push myself and see what happens. All you can do is do your best and push each other and help each other."

SB on winning the league: "If you said at start of season I'd be ending the season as a champion, I would have said you're mad!"

SB on mindset for #CELABE : "This club wants to win every game, regardless if the league is won already. We want to win and want to finish the season on a high going into the cup final."

Tommy25 and Seosamh Máirtín like this.
  3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

SCOTT Bain admits he never dreamed he would end the season as a champion at the onset of the current campaign but he insists his thoughts are focused on ensuring Celtic end on a high against Aberdeen this weekend before lifting the league trophy.

It’s been a whirlwind season for the 26-year-old keeper who signed a four deal with Celtic yesterday (Thursday) which will see him remain at the club until at least the summer of 2022.

Bain started the season off at Dundee, but a lack of playing time led him to go out on loan to Hibernian in January. That same month Craig Gordon sustained an injury and Brendan Rodgers brought Bain to Celtic at the close of the transfer window for the remainder of the season.

Speaking to the media today at Lennoxtown, Bain reflected on what has been the season of his life so far.

“If you said at start of season I'd be ending the season as champion, I'd have said you're mad,” he said. “Everything sort of fell for me in terms of going to Hibs and not playing during the month’s spell.

“I was on the bench for Hibs, against Celtic when Craigy got injured. Obviously not playing a game helped me play for Celtic, then Dorus got injured the day before Ibrox which let me in the door and get a few games.”

Since his fantastic debut in Celtic’s 3-2 win at Ibrox in March, Bain has continued to impress, playing a further five games and keeping three clean-sheets in the process. His performances were enough to convinced Brendan Rodgers to make Bain’s stay at Paradise a permanent one and the former Dundee keeper signed a four-year deal.

“I’m delighted,” he said. “I think it's more than I could have thought when I first came in so yeah, I'm over the moon.

“In my mind, it was always a case of coming and making an impression. I knew it would be difficult to get game-time, I just hoped once we had won the league that I would get a few games in the split.

“Obviously I think a lot of things have fallen for me this season in terms of the stars have aligned with the circumstances of me getting here and getting to play and it's ended with this four-year deal.”

Bain is set to make his seventh start for Celtic on Sunday (May 13) against Aberdeen, after which Celtic will be presented with the league trophy having clinched the title last month with a 5-0 win over Rangers.

The Hoops stopper insists that Celtic’s approach to the game will be no different to any other point in the season. He also highlighted the importance of securing a positive result ahead of next weekend’s Scottish Cup final against Motherwell.

“I don't think it changes our mindset,” he said. “This club wants to win every game, regardless if the title is won already, we want to win and want to finish the season on a high going into the cup final.

“They're obviously going to be up for it, which they would have been anyway but we're ready and looking forward to it.”

Last edited: May 11, 2018
    Tommy25 likes this.
  4. Sno'sLeftFoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Of course but surely you can see it also because he is an experienced keeper who would have an influence on the younger keepers coming through?

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

SCOTT BAIN, the Celtic goalkeeper, last night took a swipe at Neil McCann who he fell out with at Dundee by stating his former manager deserved an average season for how he had behaved.

Bain was ostracised by McCann at Den Park earlier in the season after he fell-out with his player who on Thursday signed a four-year deal with the Premiership champions having joined the club in January on a loan.

The issue is being dealt with by PFA Scotland and, ironically, had Bain not been dumped from the team he would now not be in with a chance to play in a Scottish Cup final next weekend if Craig Gordon doesn’t make it.

And when it was put to Bain that McCann had inadvertently led him to Celtic, he said: “I don’t think I’ll ever thank him for what was going on.

"The two parties probably got what they deserved out of what was going on at Dundee; me sitting here and them finishing a mediocre season. It’s been a mad season.

“It happens all the time in football. I wouldn’t even call is a disagreement. I didn’t have a disagreement with anyone.

“But whatever went on, the manager wants you out of the door and wants you not to do well. You just have to stick by your guns and say you do not want to be treated that way.

“I knew something would come up in January. I knew with my ability that someone would want me as part of their team and I am grateful to Hibs that they wanted me and then again that Neil Lennon let me come and have this opportunity.

He got a loan move to Hibernian in January but switch to Celtic without playing a single game for the Edinburgh outfit.

“If you had said when I first came into Celtic that I’d end the season by signing a four-year deal, I’d have bitten your hand off,” said Bain. "I’m over the moon and it’s been mad.

“If you go through every part of the season, the stars have really aligned. If you look at what happened with Dundee, then going to Hibs and not playing any games which led to me being here.

“Dorus De Vries got injured the day before the Rangers game which let me get a foot in the door here and I’ve been able to play a few games. I’m the luckiest guy in Scotland right now.

"The manager here has taken me to another level already with his backing, with his coaching and with his belief in me and knowing that I can come into this club and can do a job for him whenever I am called upon. With me being here for another four years, the only way is up for me I think.”

6. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

"Mainly", was the word you used.

7. StainseyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Andy Hinkel !!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    I'm still not quite sure how we got hibs to terminate his loan, but I'm so glad we did.

Tommy25 likes this.
  8. dmccourt95

What big Pedro says goes

9. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    It was a loan magic merry go round , Allan went to hibs whilst on loan at dundee(whilst or player ), murray went to dundee from hibs on loan an bain came to us whilst on loan at hibs (whilst a dundee player) lol

Tommy25 likes this.
  10. MagnificentSeven Charly Musonda CSC

“I don’t think I’ll ever thank him (Neil McCann) for what was going on.

“The two parties probably got what they deserved out of what was going on at Dundee. Me sitting here (at Celtic) and them finishing a mediocre season.”

Burn.

Tommy25 likes this.
  11. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    * you McCann

:36:

Tommy25 likes this.
  12. freederry20

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Wanyama, Hartson, Balde, Petrov, Lennon, Commons, Boruc, Brown, Van Dyk.
    Anyone know what actually happened between Bain and McCann?

13. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Anyone giving it tight to that wee rat McCann gets a big +1 in my book. :D

georgiebhoy and Tommy25 like this.
  14. AJ Styles Moussa Dembele's eyes Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    * Neil McCann hun *

Tommy25 likes this.
  15. freitassen

He punched the rat in face.

"The two parties probably got what they deserved out of what was going on at Dundee; me sitting here and them finishing a mediocre season. It’s been a mad season."

Wow

Tommy25 likes this.
  16. freitassen

Gordon is old and have a bad injury history. He is certainly going to play a lot for a second choice keeper.

17. Cmcgregor90

Dont know why people are presuming hes back up

18. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

19. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Good, more confident about the World Cup now.

20. freitassen

We sent them Allan. That's why.

Also for weird reasons he was a backup keeper in Hibs, behind that Ofir Marciano that isn't quite good