1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Allan

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Officer Doofy, May 28, 2015.

Discuss Scott Allan in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    More should've been done over the last few years to try and get rid, he's had something like 4 or 5 starts, utterly ridiculous waste of a wage, the same applies to other players who are nothing more than a drain on our finances. It's shocking that we've ended up with such a bloated squad, so many players hanging around the club but never see any first team action.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  2. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

You give mediocre players lucrative longterm deals, the best deal they will get in their careers, they see out their contracts.

3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Aye. Really and truly it isn't his fault..

Annoying as * but it's the incompetence above..

As soon as he signed that, he knew he was staying till the end and milking it dry..

What's he on, 8? Probably have to take a 6 grand cut for his next move..

Sonic Reducer and JC Anton like this.
  4. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Can never understand the logic of giving a player a long term deal, unless it's an established player who has already proven their worth.

We could've even tried tae loan him out ?

5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Aye it was madness in this case..

He'd have came on a 2 year deal. An option of a third if we wanted but we gave him 4 I think. Crazy..

He's been on loan at Dundee and Hibs..

No point really just releasing him now. Loan him to Killie or whoever by the top for 6 month's and get some beneficial use out of it till his contract runs out..

clonbhoy, Hammy89 and The Prof like this.
  6. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Mate sent me a BR quote from 2016 saying the squad was too big. Squad size was 32 then.

It’s 35 now apparently.

Guys like this need punted

7. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

I can recall when Brendan first arrived, pretty sure he mentioned that he liked a small compact squad, this should never have been allowed to happen and would indicate negligence behind the scenes.

Can understand if we have a few duds, not every player will be a starter, but it's the fact that we have continued to sign sub-standard cheap options, we spunked 1 mil on Jack Hendry, clearly a player that Brendan canny trust.

The domestic success under Brendan has been fantastic, but the overall recruitment side of things has left a lot to be desired.

Gyp Rosetti and Marty McFly like this.
  8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    I'll probably get slated for this and no really the thread, but...

I can't listen to Brendan..

He's full of *. Constantly talks pish and contradicts his self..

Don't listen to his interviews anymore. Read 2 thing's from him this week about official's and Griff and they both annoyed me as well..

9. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I know where you’re coming from

10. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

The main things that have annoyed from BR has been the quality over quantity bullshit, learning from mistakes and not playing players on sentiment, none of that has happened this season.

He’s usually good with questions from the media and putting them in their place but he’s frequently become a PR man.

11. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

i think brendan probably like any other manager when he gets offered a player will 99% of the time say aye

but hes not at fault for scott alan that was lawell's * you to the huns thats came back to bite us on the *

but i then think the board stiff the manager when it comes to experienced and quality signings, after the carry on at the start of the season i personally think brendan was close to saying * this *

i think where we are with this big nations sucking up all the players with expensive contracts squeezing all the smaller leagues has left us looking at hopefulls rather than probables

somebody in another post mentioned brexit and caught me totally out

but this could be why we are looking more and more at homegrown or footballers playing in the uk, maybe foreigners are even more reluctant to come here nowadays

12. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I think Scott Allan is a talented football player who, on his day, would enhance any team.

It was a “we can pee higher up the wall than you” signing to work it up Sevco. The boy has never had more than a fleeting chance in the first team and every single person on this forum would sit tight on a contract like this. He excelled when on loan at Hibs but will need to take a minimum 50% hit on his wages when he leaves us to join another club on a contract.

It’s not Scott Allan’s fault we signed him, it’s equally not his fault that we are back to the size of squad akin to the Gordon Strachan days filled with “he’s one for the future” players draining fortunes from us.

Too many of Brendan’s signings have been *. He has been backed and, in general, his players of choice haven’t cut the mustard. This added to players already with us that were on long contracts means we have this massive squad. We could bin 10 players and use the £50-100k per week to invest on two or three first team players, not peripheral squad men.

There are many players on the books pre Brendan but we are two and half years into his project and he couldn’t identify a defender if one came up and cleared him from the dugout to London Road with the best defensive move ever seen at Celtic Park. His insistence on playing from the back with Craig Gordon and his varied collection of defenders gives me the fear. We can all see that it doesn’t work the way Barcelona & Real Madrid do it (because our guys are not at that level), however Brendan obviously insists they do it.

Back to Scott Allan, he was a * in a game and I don’t blame him for sitting it out on life changing money. I do believe he is a talent that will shine at another club. I wish him well when he leaves.

13. GavCFC1

Signed a pre contract with hibs

14. Keano88

Good move.

15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Hibernian are delighted to confirm that the club has signed a pre-contract agreement with Scott Allan.

Scott has agreed a three-year deal that will run from the start of season 2019/20.

A firm favourite at Easter Road following his two successful spells in the green and white, it quickly became evident in talks that there was a mutual desire to bring about a third stint.

Head Coach Neil Lennon said: "It's no secret that Scott is a player I admire and wanted back at Hibernian.

“He’s a player who suits the attacking brand of football we like to play. The type that gets supporters off their seats.

“We’re looking forward to having him back.”

Chief Executive Leeann Dempster added: “We’re delighted to have been able to come to a pre-contract agreement with Scott.

“It goes without saying that he’s a player our supporters hold in the highest regard and we were determined to bring him back to Easter Road.

“It’s an arena and a club that brings out the best in Scott and, from speaking to him, it’s clear that it means a lot to him.”

Everyone at the club is looking forward to Scott’s return and the number 23 shirt will be waiting for him.

16. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

Good, loan them him now as well for the rest of the season.

17. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
  18. Mr. Slippyfist

Good move.

Wonder if the Belgian Bawbag will be following him to Edinburgh to replace Ambrose...

clonbhoy and charlietully like this.
  19. Murph-E

Just give him now, not like he'll play for us again.

20. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Will be gutted tae see him leave.

:bye1: