1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scotland set to legally recognise third gender

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Callum McGregor, Nov 24, 2018.

Discuss Scotland set to legally recognise third gender in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

* all that * it's time we stop appeasing these Minty types with their warped reptilian agenda..the sick * are running amok,let's put the * foot down.

Markybhoy and Mr. Slippyfist like this.
  2. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I’d pump it, and the blonde wae the fake * is no bad either. :fear:

3. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    You were the one who called it a token gesture lol.

4. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    :56:

5. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Yes it does actually.

If I lose some money that’s a problem for me. If I lose my keys that’s a mega problem for me, infact in my life it’s a catastrophe. Is it in any way as remotely bad as someone getting both legs blown off and their house bombed in a middle eastern city? My problem, by anyone’s standard, isn’t as ‘valid’ as the legless orphan.

No one should be persecuted but a man being told he’s a man simply isn’t on the same scale as someone being persisted due to their colour, for instance.

As others have said where do we draw the line. It’s now becoming ‘acceptable’ to ‘change’ your *, whilst it clearly isn’t to change your race, as Michael Jackson and that Rachel Dolezeal found to their cost.

Will it though one day be acceptable for people to medically blacken or whiten their skin because they ‘feel’ like an other race? What about a western Anime addict paying a private surgeon to artificially slant his eyes so he resembles an oriental person?

These are of course ridiculous examples. Exactly as ridiculous as someone pretending they don’t have male/female sexual organs.

Not every thing can be, or should be changed.
    This is the fundamental downfall of progressivism and liberalism, when you hit a brick wall and realise some things in life simply are and cannot be modified or ‘improved’.

6. FATLAZYBHOY Born in the steamie Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    CELTIC SONG (CLASSIC)
    your a bloke or a burd......
    you can be a bloke that fancy's blokes or a burd that fancy's other burds,
    you can even be a bloke or a burd that fancy's wheelie bins, but your still a bloke or a burd.
    the only gender neutral is either ken or barbie.

7. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    You’re confusing ‘worse’ with validity. Still an atrocious argument.

Have you read any proper studies about gender identity? Seeing as you’ve stated you’re so keen on science.

8. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    @The GOAT

Is ther not apparently like 76 genders or something mental like that, so why would you view this as a good thing if thats your point of view if 73 of those ‘genders’ aren’t being legally recognised?

Only validating one lf them, if you believe there are that many genders, then pours further ridicule on the others.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  9. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    I'm afraid you're the confused one here friend. You're talking about identity - of course that's subjective and malleable.
    I'm talking about actual gender - your biological, scientific, unavoidable, undeniable *.
    I haven't read about gender thoroughly for many years as I haven't found the need - there are two genders, end of story.

My viewpoint (the correct one) is that there is no gender fluidity, it's not incumbent on me to prove something that i'm saying doesn't exist! That's the same argument religious retards use "well prove * isn't real"....it's not possible to prove something isn't real, only what definitely is. Like, for example, thousands of generations of human existence.

If you really, genuinely believe there are more than just males and females, then you prove it with some independent and empirically cited studies. And btw i'm aware a miniscule percentage (less than 0.1%) of the human race are hermaphrodites, they're the only people who can have any sort of legitimate claim whatsoever in this ridiculous argument - and they're not even discussed.

I'm aware the some people think they're neutral or the other gender - they're wrong. If I wear blackface and claim to be African i'd be wrong too. You can believe whatever you want.

Like I said: Facts=/=beliefs & opinions.

10. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

'Affectugender is defined as a gender that is affected by one's neurodivergency especially fluctuating moods, e.g. feeling like a boy during depressive episodes and feeling more like a demigirl during happy/manic episodes.'

11. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

'Vapogender is a gender that sort of feels like smoke; can be seen on a shallow level but once you go deeper, it disappears and you are left with no gender and only tiny wisps of what you thought it was'

12. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    So, do you not believe hermaphodites are a thing?

13. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Where have I said I believe there’s that many?

14. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    So you’re discluding those peoples gender identities then?

15. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

If there aren't 76 toilets in every building in the near future then I'll be very disappointed.

16. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I’ve already said, no-one would attempt to refute that almost everyone is born with either female or male genitalia. Biological * isn’t the same as gender.

Ah the old ‘End of story’ pish. If you haven’t read about it then you know nothing about it, which means your point of view is based on your preconceived opinion and nothing more. In other words, you’re clueless.

“My viewpoint” sums it up here. It’s your opinion, backed up by nothing.

Biologically they’d still be the same, no-one is arguing that. That has nothing to do with a person’s gender identity. You can’t simply sit there and say people are wrong over and over and hope that you become correct. As you admit, this is a subject you haven’t read about, therefore your views on it are entirely ignorant.

17. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Nope. I’d be willing to listen and discuss with these people, or read about it wherever there is good information about it. All I accept, is that there is a difference between biological * and people’s gender identity.

Having a new gender legally recognised is a brand new concept (in the UK at least), so whether or not there should be more would come down to further study on the matter.

18. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    But really, if you’re in luding one, what makes this one better to be chosen over all the rest that people lay claim to? Why this particular one, while discounting the rest?

Marty McFly likes this.
  19. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I don’t know, you’d need to speak to the government. Maybe it’s seen as an all encompassing term for ‘other’.

20. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

How do you or anyone else discern between what's a legitimate gender that should legally be recognised and one that isn't?