1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scariest situation you've ever been in

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Saul Goodman, Aug 26, 2010.

Discuss Scariest situation you've ever been in in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    When I was over in Kavos last summer there was a load of Serbians there at the same time. I think every one of them carried a knife with them every night. Can't get my head around that, who goes out on a night out in the mindset that they're going to need a knife?

There was 12 of us, three rooms of 4 and two rooms were beside each other pretty much in the middle of the strip, my room was a bit further down. Four of the lads that were staying in the middle of the strip left their apartment windows open when they slept (idiots) and woke up to two of these Serbians standing over them with blades looking for money etc, out of their minds on something. They didn't take much cash as we never carried much but they robbed a load of the lads clothes.

To be honest I have no sympathy for my mates leaving their windows open when we had run into these lads several times already and knew what they were like.

Same holiday my mate got absolutely battered by a load of big African lads, outside a club and he threw a plastic glass into a crowd and it hit the wrong person to say the least, he was in bits...

Decent holiday other than that.

TESLA likes this.
  2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Some people take a blade out to get a morning roll. Plug one's in a pub if they're sitting having a drink etc..

Zero fear of getting stopped by polis or that..

Boy round my old dears stabbed someone fairly recently and first time he's done it and was absolutely petrified doing it, pushed it in more than anything and just missed the boy's heart. No such thing as a good blade merchant but he didn't have a clue what he was doing, shat it and almost killed the wee guy..

See him every day cutting about, never got grassed up. Another seriously lucky boy. Both infact..

3. Sno'sLeftFoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Involved in various situations where knives were involved, especially in my teens which is more common than it should be in Glasgow.

Probably the scariest situation I experienced was when I was about 17/18. Walking home one Friday pretty drunk and 3 lads walk by me. For some unknown reason, probably just young laddish bravado, there was a bit of a staring match as we passed each other. I hear a mutter from them, I mutter back. Next thing they're walking back up to me. Stupidly, I stopped and waited on them reaching me. Wee one suddenly bursts into a jog and as he reaches me he pulls something out. I had no idea until he lunged at me and I just remember seeing the street light reflecting off the blade he was holding. I jumped back and it just caught me above my mouth. Thankfully I moved quickly enough otherwise I was getting stabbed right in the face.

Anyway, in a total panic I thrashed out a few punches, throwing my arms around like a *. Connected with the wee * and he decked it. He literally hit the ground and bounced straight back up, stood off me and then called on his pals who came running. Of course more knives are drawn at this point so I ran for what felt like 100 miles but could only have been about 100 yards. Totally * (fitness is shocking and always has been) adrenaline was running through me but I knew I couldn't outrun them. Could hear them shouting at me and it was getting closer and closer then all of a sudden a taxi screeches up just ahead of me and the driver jumps out with a baseball bat shouting to jump in. I dived in the door and he drove up the road free of charge. All I really remember from the drive was him saying was sitting after a hire and he seen me floor the * with the knife. When he seen them after me he set off to get me. Said he knew of the lads that chased me and the company they kept as well who were well known in the area by his account and left me in no doubt that if they'd caught me I'd have been more than likely killed.

I always tip like * whenever I get a taxi nowadays :giggle1:

neilly1987, jake10 and TESLA like this.
  4. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Same story in Zante, said on here before but we had trouble with Serbs there too. They actually shut half the strip one night just so the Serbs could all have a big party to themselves.

My mate got sparked out by one just for looking at the * the wrong way, came out a club, looked at him, bang, decked and cracked his head off the kerb, very lucky to come away with no long term damage tbh. Seem like an aggressive mob whereas most of the Scottish and Irish lads you meet are just up for a drink and laugh, not looking for trouble.

5. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    :74:
    They're nuts man. Remember the first day I was there I woke up at about 11 and they were around the pool drinking Vodka straight, and if they mixed it at all it was with beer or cider. :56:

Put me off going anywhere near Greece again.

6. TESLA Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vernon Dursley.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields Of Athenry.
    Holy * man, everyone knows about the butchers and I would describe my knowledge of the conflict as fairly informed but must admit I aint heard about this, thank * you got away, would it not of been unusual to hear someone with a southern accent in Belfast asking where an offo is though? as you said though your guard was down.

7. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I like Greece but would never go back to another party destination again. Been there done that, even at 21 going on 22. Too many *.

8. TESLA Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vernon Dursley.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields Of Athenry.
    Jaysus man reading that I was both horrified and by the end laughing at the tipping bit at the end ha thank * for your man!

Sno'sLeftFoot likes this.
  9. TESLA Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vernon Dursley.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields Of Athenry.
    Make friends with Croatians, litteraly every single person I've met from Croatia is a chilled out sound fella, very like the Irish tbh, they will tell you without bias that the Serbs are complete *:giggle1:

10. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    whoever is our new record spend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go on home british soldiers
    it was near chefchouan(pronounced chowen) that we were nearly ran of the road, don't know the rest of morrocco usually got flight or ferry to tangiers then along the coast to chefchouan, been there about ten times and watched it grow from smallish village to hotels with swimming pools, love the country but always stayed with farmers so you get a different view with local people, enjoy you shouldn't have any bother most morrocans think they're part of europe

11. Lancashire Nick

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Lennox
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields Of Athenry
    In 1985 I went to the Man Utd v Liverpool, FA Cup semi-final at Goodison as a neutral. My mate was a Utd season ticket holder, but his sister was getting married, so I took his place.
    As an Evertonian, I was listening to the other semi on a radio. It just so happened that Everton got a last minute equaliser in the other game, about a minute after Liverpool had also equalised. For a split second I forgot where I was, and shouted out with joy. Big mistake !!!!
    With dozens of angry Mancs around me, and a knife held to my throat; I explained what had happened. Fortunately the knife wielding Manc just said, "Well you better hope that we win this game."
    I spent extra time edging my way to safety, and as soon as the final whistle went, I bolted for the exit.

12. smokie899

Fav Celtic Player:
    s.brown
    Nah we had gipsys, southerners, even Huns would have used dans for a carry out. License laws were very strict so if you wanted a swall between 9pm to12:30am it was the only place you could get.
    This was before the days of taxi depots selling drink or dial a drink etc.
    I knew a few Huns from work who used it, and the reason why they used it was that they felt safer crossing the wall then going to a loyalist shabeen to get it.
    The second wave if you could call it that was that * who's now in hibernation in Troon and smelly Sam skelly and co of C.unt company.
    Think the Sunday world had a few articles linking them and one of or an associate of the butchers, or it may have been purely that they were just trying to replicate what the butchers done. Can't remember to be honest.
    Thankfully they were not very good at it and scored a few own goals. A young Protestant girl with learning difficulties who was mistaken for a catholic springs to mind.
    She meta gruesome death.
    They also romper roomed a lot of their own knowing the fear it would spread.
    Thankfully they were * at abductions and reverted back to drive by killings.
    I say thankfully as in one to the head must be better than nails being pulled out, fegs stubbed in your eyes, boiling water poured over you and just being brutalised then whacked.
    They have always been full of hate and evil and still are.
    I'm 41 now and I hope that the peace line is never took down, not in my lifetime anyway.
    Remember the story about the young lad was pulled of the streets. Can't remember which part of Belfast but think it was in the sandy row area they took him.
    Pulled up an entry started laying into him and somehow he escaped and run for his life. But being scared and in a loyalist area he panicked and knocked on a door looking help.
    We oul doll opened it brought him in reassured him that he would be safe and she is phoning the police.
    The evil oul * phoned the local commander who sent the boys back round pulled him into the entry, battered him and cut his throat.
    That * will rot in *

13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    That old *. * *.....

Just reminded me of the texas chainsaw massacre when sitting in the caravan getting dosed up (sure it was that film), only that was made up..

14. smokie899

Fav Celtic Player:
    s.brown
    Just remembered the bar was called Mc Glinchies. I should know that as my das aunt owned it and dans is just round the corner, I should know that because my cousin now owns it. * memory. That's were Jim McCartney was shot dead by the *.
    I'm sure there's been guys on here who have been in worse situations here, it was part of life.
    Another funny one although could have been worse. We're in Liverpool for an Everton game. Go a fair bit, lot of pool supporting mates and love the city for a night out. So 3 had tickets including me and two didn't. Couldn't do it being a Celt man first, so give my ticket to one of the Liverpool supporter mates.
    So me and the other guy going looking for some and get talking to a few guys from Belfast, quick chat about tickets. One guy says that there was a wee bar around the corner from the ground and being from Belfast that's your best bet.
    He give us directions and off we went. Mate sat out side eating a burger and I went in.
    Opened the doors and the place was heaving all singing and having a laugh. So thought hit the bar, order a few beers and get asking.
    The * bar was about five deep and it was roasting so took my coat off. Well * me the noise levels just dropped. Was like something out of a horror film with just a wee juke box playing, all theses people yet you could only hear a few muffled voices.
    I look around and every * chins are on the floor and all staring at me.
    Then I clock the flags, red hands, Union Jacks etc. Then I clock the walls and all the pictures drawings of all the Uda, ufv, rhc and a big * off mural of that wee * mcKeague, top gun they call him Pmsl.
    So what's the problem, well like every other game I've been to, I'm * wearing the famous green and white hoops. I literally scurried to the door, the daft * were in disbelief I think for they were slow as * reacting. Got to the car park shouted to the mate to run, he stands there with a * greasy burger hanging out of his mouth looking at me as if I'm simple. * run run run. Then he clocks the * behind me pouring out of the pub.
    We're half way up this car park with bottles raining down on us and I'm in * stitches at the fact that I was standing in the middle of this loyalist shabeen, this place was like something out train spotting and full of knuckle dragging orcs, covered in loyalist regalia and I'm wearing the hoops.
    Oh and didn't get the tickets, but quietly declined my mates offer to go back round to the club and watch it with the lads Pmsl

15. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Had a 'few' scrapes in my time :fear: anyway the most recent was just this morning , was sitting having a dump and noticed there wasn't any bog roll left ... you could say I was really * myself tbf

Overkill187 likes this.
  16. Grimm You belong to me!

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Thomson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    Me tae deebo, in comparison to everyone else my scariest moment was when a thought ma missus had washed ma Celtic v sevco ticket that I' d picked up that morning from ma mate. * maself until she told me it on top of the freezer where I left it.:poster_oo

neilly1987 and StPauli1916 like this.
  17. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Aye a professional doctor, operating on you in a safe and sterile environment, is scarier than getting done with a samurai sword. :giggle1:

Mind you, I seen somebody getting their fingers chopped off and another guy running down the street with a cleaver sticking out of his nut but the dentist would probably be scarier for me...

18. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    That's what I'm saying mate. It's a phobia, white coat syndrome I think it's called.

It's like the whole atmosphere of the places, just gives me the heebie jeebies :39:

I've got dead bad anxiety into the bargain so when you add that into it... :giggle1:

19. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I'm alright with doctors, just dentists I'm no keen on.

Valhalla likes this.
  20. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Jammy * :nonono: