1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Sack the board

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by michaelthetim, Aug 28, 2014.

Discuss Sack the board in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. michaelthetim

Time for a change financially celtic are ok but on the park we are going backwards not want to spend money on ayers reason why we have a manager no one knows Lawell Desmond etc have to go

Gabriel and The IRA like this.
  2. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I can't believe there hasn't been a thread like this yet.

Seems so obvious.

3. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    Yeah get the board to *.

4. jpb

Someone is going to have to explain to me what the alternative is. Its not enough to simply say "sack the board".
    Celtic have made some very poor acquisitions in the market but the board are trying to take us forward. They just got it wrong this year.
    It's all about expectations and we, as supporters, need to accept that we are in a transitional year that may lead us to greater things in the future. Let's hope so.

5. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

What poor acquisitions did they make this year?

6. Ninefingers

How do you force this change though or even force them to re-think, never mind force them out.

It's all right shouting about it on a forum but how do we turn word into action?

7. michaelthetim

What they did in the 90s boycott and protest but in the 90s financially celtic were in trouble but as of now celtic are in trouble on the park and the board are only wanting to take money of the fans and not give something back that's why I want the board out why should we pay our good money and wee don't get to see any of it on the park .

8. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Thanks for that Peter :50:

9. Haywood Jablomi

10. StevieBhoy93

this part i agree with i dont think 'sack the board' is correct in a perfect world we need to board to rethink its strategy towards signings and where they want celtic to be in regards to football not money

at the moment the most important thing to the board is the money and they need to change that to the football

11. wulliebad

Sack the board and once the new board is in place they will ask.......ok DD what do you want us to do...he will say......same as the last * board.

12. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

You do know Dermot is on the board as well right?

They can all get to * as far as I'm concerned.

Dereliction of duty, * up the playing staff, * up CL qualification, * up the living wage and a board full of no voting unionist tories.

I don't even recognise my club anymore.

13. Murph-E

Hasn't the board been more or less exactly the same people for years now?

14. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

No.

15. Mevin Gold Member Gold Member

Sack the....bored

16. Murph-E

17. Aris Salonica

I know how but you guys wont do it,you're not used to this kind of behavior.It takes a lot of booeing,anti-board chants and ultimately violent riots..Trust me,Im Greek,I know :icon_mrgreen: But as I said,you wont do it,it's not in your mentality to behave like that for the game-club-team etc..And to be honest,thats better for you.But some anti-board chants would do nicely.No more "team chants".

For example our fans in a maribor-like game would chant "ARI pexe ti bala tis zois sou,giati tha se gamisoume emis i opadi sou" meaning "Aris play the game of your life else you are gonna * up bby us,your very fans"

Olympiacos fans would chant "Eeee - oooo - allios onirevomaste ton Olympiako" meaning eeee-ooooo- this is NOT the Olympiakos we dream of"

Paok fans would sing "Petaxte tis faneles ke figete apo do" ,meaning get of (paok) shirts and * out of here,etc etc :p

Example: http://www.gazzetta.gr/football/article/645629/katalipsi-sto-vikelidis-apo-opadoys-toy-ari

you can go to the page and google translate it,it says that our fans captured/occupied the stadium and the board's offices to prevent a failed president/board getting back to the team ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2014
  18. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Think 5 years on, aside from the odd moment of DD pulling Rodgers out his *, we are still dealing with the same nonsense.

We are arguably richer, the fan base has increased massively, from a shut top tier to a waiting list. From 52million turnover to 102million turnover, yet this board are still continuing on their downward spiral.

This board came in16 years ago, their aim to reduce the debt, reduce the wage bill and turn a profit.. that's been done and then some. The fans have backed the club and prove we will when we have a feel good factor around the club, we will continue to invest and invest in it. But they seem determined to kill off any hope we have as a fan base, they seem determined to reduce any risk of a bonus and are content at keeping the books looking trhe best.

No risk in the playing squad equates to no footballing development, which is what we are here for.

Sack the board!

19. Bertie Cauld

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of Kings
    We should be so far infront of the huns it's unbelievable, yet they will be champing at the bit for the season to start. We've got 1 youth RB, 2 credible CB's and one LB. It's a complete travesty that we've allowed the gap to close. It's almost as if we've pressed the self destruct button on purpose.

martin_d, Twisty and Peej like this.
  20. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I think 5 years on, this thread looks silly given the trophies we’ve won.

StPauli1916, Marie and Whoflungdung like this.