1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ryan Christie

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by LloydsGamble, Aug 28, 2015.

Discuss Ryan Christie in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    Our best football last season came with those two in midfield and Brown out the team.

If Rogic could stay fit, or if we could find someone just as good but more reliable, it's be a cracking dynamic.

McGregor Chrisite

Rogic

or

McGregor Christie

New 10​

2. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

I like him a lot. He was always a clever wee player but he's added pace, power and aggression to his game which makes him such a key player for us. He's got the skills, but it's his pressing from the front that is as impressive as anything else - he basically sets the tone for the team.

tarboltontim likes this.
  3. clonbhoy

I hope Ntcham was made watch him tonight, for his own sake. For a lad who is fairly limited he makes the most of what he has and seems to be improving all the time.

4. Keano88

Calling it.

2019-20 POTY.

5. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

He is anything but limited, the guy has got great ability, his goal was wonderful.

6. clonbhoy

Great goal alright, but as I see it he has a lot more determination than ability.
    That’s not a bad thing.

7. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

Honestly mate you watch his play, it's not just about determination, he is a clever footballer.

8. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Your watching the wrong attributes. He was the sole reason on the teams turnaround after Christmas. So far out in the cold he was beyond last throw of the dice. I’d say Rodgers probably thought that there was really limited options and he could be trusted. Instead he turned In a subliminal run of top notch performances and they were not through determination but more technical abilities, instinct and a desire to show he was good enough and he was.

9. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Broony is far too important and he's looking very sharp, no reason the three of them can't play together.

Tommy25 likes this.
  10. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Thought he was very unlucky last year tbh.

He was such an important player when he came into the side. Although it was later in the season he became a regular the amount of games he more or less single handedly won for us was quite remarkable.

I know Forrest and McGregor both had amazing seasons too but it could be argued that Christie stood up in a part of the season when we were struggling and needing a bit of a boost/freshness. He certainly provided that in abundance.

Tommy25 likes this.
  11. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I really like Christie, he has quick feet and is quick mentally as well. He's scored a number of goals for us just by hitting the shot before anyone is expecting it, while they are still waiting for him to take another touch. I also like the energy he brings to the side, we just seem to play that bit quicker when he is in the midfield. Expecting a big season from him this year.

Tommy25 likes this.
  12. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    So sharp at turning people now and solid for a skinny wiry *. Some work rate mixed with a bit of class.

Tommy25 and Lilac Wine like this.
  13. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Ooooh you don't think that finish showed ability? It's no mean feat to be that relaxed and composed in the box

Tommy25 likes this.
  14. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Agree. We should be looking to sign someone to come in and be first choice along side Cal and Christie in a midfield 3.

Won’t happen though.

15. clonbhoy

Where on earth did I say that? I merely compared his ability to his determination, I think it is obvious which he has more of. To make it as clear as day; he certainly has ability but he has a * of a lot of determination.

16. Cringer67

Love him. Can see a huge season from him this year. I’d go as far as POTY potential

Tommy25 likes this.
  17. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Work-rate in itself is not enough in a footballer, there has to be game intelligence and a certain degree of ability within the player himself, and Ryan has shown why he is so important to the team, our tempo is better when he plays.

18. clonbhoy

Even when you are praising his technical abilities you are agreeing with what I said. Desire! Key word there.

19. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Take it easy, I know you're not nuts, it was just a very loaded comment and well, wrong

20. clonbhoy

Again, where did I say it was just about determination? It is the key factor in his game though. I really don’t get how people see that as insult.

Again, just to clarify, I am not saying he is just determination, or that he has no ability, just that that is the foundation on which his game is based. To me, in an age where you have * like Ntcham in the game, that’s the biggest compliment I can give.

FranceCelt and Sweendog75 like this.