1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ryan Christie

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by LloydsGamble, Aug 28, 2015.

Discuss Ryan Christie in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

BR on
    @ryanchristie2
    : "He looked like he tweaked his hamstring so we'll just have to see what the scan says."

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

meanwhile, Rodgers has confirmed that Christie looks as though he has pulled his hamstring with a scan set for Monday. "I think he looked like he’s tweaked his hamstring a bit there," said the Celtic manager. "That’s why I have a lot of midfield players, I play normally with three in there and use them in other positions. A lot of them have been injured this year, and the likes of Callum out injured, and Ryan may have tweaked his hamstring and it’s been a big shift for them. We’ll just have to see what the scan says."

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
    Liam Scales likes this.
  3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

RYAN CHRISTIE is out of the game against Hearts at Tynecastle with a hamstring injury.

And SunSport understands there are fears the Hoops‘ attacking midfielder, could be sidelined for a number of weeks.

The 24-year-old Scotland star pulled up in Sunday’s win over Motherwell and is waiting for confirmed news of how bad the injury is.

But he looks certain to miss Saturday night’s Scottish Cup quarter- final against Hibs.

The attacking midfielder’s injury did not hold the Hoops back from securing a 4-1 win over Motherwell despite a controversial Well goal.

The ball was put out of play to allow Christie to receive treatment and on the re-start Well youngster James Scott raced onto the ball and shot before the rebound was scored by Gboly Ariyibi.

4. Keano88

A big loss during a run of tough fixtures. Even if he hasn’t been as good as he was November/December he still does a power of running, pressing relentlessly. We’ll miss his legs in there.

Big chance for others to step in though - Ewan Henderson would be my pick. He didn’t look out of place at the weekend so I’d like to see him given the opportunity to come in and grab his chance - like Christie done earlier in the season.

5. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Hamstring injury and our medical staff. Be lucky to have him for the qualifiers

6. StainseyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Andy Hinkel !!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    To those saying he's dropped form I don't think his change of position helped. He looks much better in between rogic and McGregor where he can run through midfield as a number 8, as opposed to being relied on for creativity just behind the striker

7. apevrak

He'll be sorely missed. That assist on the Sinky goal on Sunday says much about what quality this man possess. Speedy recovery.

Jeremie Frimpong and JC Anton like this.
  8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    The emergence of Henderson and Bitton and Ntcham coming back in to the fold are coming at a good time..

Badly needed..

9. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

His powers of recovery are unbelievable tho.. must because of his initials..:papal:

10. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

hamstring usually 6-8 weeks ?

like said above bitton back is like a new player and henderson looked a super wee payer very clever player

still christie is industrious and has a smashing left peg, i'll miss him

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

JK: @ryanchristie2
    has an hamstring injury. He'll be out for a week or two, at least

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Ryan Christie has revealed he is ready to leap off the treatment table after spending a month jumping off the couch.

The Celtic midfielder is on the verge of a comeback after sitting out since February following a hamstring injury suffered in the win against Motherwell.

Christie found it hard going being an armchair fan as the Hoops campaign moved in to the business end with crucial clashes against Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen.

The Scotland star – who also missed the torturous national team double header with Kazakhstan and San Marino – will have to settle for a seat on Sunday as well, with the Rangers clash coming too early for the 25-year-old.

He admitted he struggles to watch on the box but can’t help join in with the celebrations – even when he’s in his front room

Christie said: “Have I been out my chair? A couple of times! The first game I watched was Hibs away in the Scottish Cup and I was back in Inverness watching it.

“I found myself kind of screaming at the telly and when Jamesie scored the worldie I was nearly knee sliding on my living room carpet.

You forget how much you get involved in the game. Obviously it’s always frustrating getting injured.

“When you finally overcome the first part and manage to get yourself back out and start running again, it’s always nice.

“Hopefully I can start trying to get back into a rhythm again and hopefully join training in the next couple of weeks and then really kick on.”

Christie’s crock agony came at the the wrong time – with his injury coming in Brendan Rodgers’s last game in charge.

The outgoing gaffer dropped the bomb he was leaving for Leicester City just a few days later and the playmaker has been left cooling his heels as Neil Lennon picked up the reins.

The former Inverness ace revealed he has already been giving the backing of his new boss though and he can’t wait to return to play a part in firing Celtic towards the treble Treble.

Christie told Celtic TV: “Neil’s been brilliant. I think all the boys have agreed with that since he’s come in.

“He’s just been brilliant for me so far.

“As soon as he came in the door within a couple of days he pulled me aside just to have a chat with me and get to know me a bit and likewise me with him.

“So that was nice and now I’m desperate to get my first taste of playing under him.”

Tommy25 likes this.
  14. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Can't wait to see him back. He's become an influential player for us

15. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    His goal threat and forward runs from midfield have been badly missed the past month.

16. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

He's a very talented/cultured footballer who can do things most others can't. Building energy and strength into his came has helped him come on leaps and bounds. He's got big potential. Looking forward to his return.

Tommy25 and MagicBallBhoy like this.
  17. cammy07

When he's back id like to see him in a deeper role again, feel as though that's his strongest position as opposed to the 10. Getting rogic back is key also.

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

He’s back out training today.

Tommy25 and Taz like this.
  19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

20. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Good news.

Tommy25 likes this.