1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Roy Keane

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Lennons_Ghirl, Sep 29, 2005.

Discuss Roy Keane in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Aye, Ronny was the assistant

2. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    I am so glad he never got the job for whatever reason I am just thankful.

3. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

He one of my favourite players of all time and so happy he pulled on the hoops.

Ego, demons and zero man management skills = disaster as Celtic manager.

He's a pish pundit too, looks as if he's being forced against his will to give a critique.:smiley-laughing002:

4. terrasidius Sonic Attack Orchestrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Lambo, Larsson, Sutton, Nakamura, Rogic, Virgil, Dembele, Turnbull, Jota & Kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    COYBIG, Grace, Celtic Symphony, Orchestrated Sonic Attack
    "So you want a fight, is it, Ronnie? I'll give ya a fight, so!" He'd make an already fragile situation a powder keg. Like unleashing a bull in a china-shop. I like him though, he's just...volatile. Not exactly what we need at the mo. :smiley-laughing002:

5. oh bhoy

I find it difficult to disagree with anything Roy Keane says most of the time

6. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    What he said about us celebrating qualification and needing to set our ambitions higher etc, spot on.

Disagree with a few things he has said, as I do with Sutton quite a bit more, but with these kind of things they are both absolutely spot on.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

7. Minimalist

He was right about the mindset.

8. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    He is right but he's ignoring the overspill of sheer joy at the two years of frustration previous to that.

9. Swervedancer Guest

Were we really just celebrating qualifying though? I thought it was more a mixture of things like Brendan achieving that ahead of schedule, the funds it should raise for transfers, the players it could attract, the Europa League disaster last season, as well as thinking of big teams and big nights again.

It wasn't just a case of yay we're going to hear the CL music again. I think most fans are quite aware of our status, why we hired Brendan and how we are in the process of rebuilding the team. We couldn't even compete at the Europa Level last season so of course it's a sign of progress being back in the CL. That is our ambition and where we feel we belong. Nothing wrong with feeling excited about it.

Next season is when I'll be hoping we can qualify and start taking points off a couple of big teams. At least that is the dream under Brendan and he's already brought such a buzz back it feels possible it'll happen.

Anyway, Leverkusen got pumped 7 1 not that long ago and it was just an unlucky night for them, why is it the end of the world for us?

10. Chappie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc, Maloney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Willie Maley
    Keane is absolutely spot on. Losing 7-0 to anybody is an absolute joke. Sure there's a gulf in class, but the team need to at least get the fundamentals right.

11. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Loudmouth managerial failure.

I take zero notice of him.

12. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Qualifying for the CL would be in 99.99% of every Celtic fan's pre season wish list.

Keane can go and take a * to himself.

13. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    The guy is a * trying to make himself sound knowledgable .
    He proved that when he came here to fulfil his ego and he didn't set the heather on fire with his displays on the pitch .

14. Intellectually Absurd Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson (obvious choice ehh?)
    I don't think anything he said was that bad.

He just made the point that we have to respect ourselves more and stop with this wee team mentality that has set in.

Our players look like shitebags at times, they barely got near Barca, showed far too much respect.

15. oh bhoy

He was 100% right .its not Altrincham its celtic

16. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

A lot of teams barely get near Barca, it's got hee haw to do with a wee team mentality.

17. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Even if we tried to get 'stuck in' and harried them I fully believe we'd still have gotten tanned.

It could have been Gladbach or another side of that level up against them on Tuesday night and it still wouldn't have helped. They were out to give some team an absolute skelping.

Unfortunately it was us. I know what people are getting at, though. I can't see us giving City that much time in the next game. Still another 5 to go, need to remember that.

18. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Bayern took 7 off Barca in the semi in 2013, did they have the mindset of Altrincham then or did the circumstances of that game dictate they took a hiding and moved on?

Gee me * peace man, Keane can come back to us when he's done something in management other than be passive aggressive to journalists in Pressers.

If we get whooped 7 nil in every game of the Champions League Rodgers will be out a job never mind questioning our mentality. It won't happen though we'll pick ourselves up and Barca will rout another few teams.

19. BigSeanThornton

I agree totally with Keane, same as Chris Sutton, they tell it like it is. And some folk on here can't handle the truth. They want Celtic wrapped in cotton wool all the time. - we shat it the other night and stood off them, I don't know what they do training wise in Spain, but they seem to be a * of a lot fitter,faster, and willing to fight to get the ball back.

20. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

That will be the hundreds of millions more they have to spend on fitness coaches and sports scientists.

I'm not surprised you turned up though.

Gabriel likes this.