1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Official TC Thread] Ross County v Celtic: Sunday 16th April, 12:30pm live on Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Norm Peterson, Apr 11, 2017.

Discuss Ross County v Celtic: Sunday 16th April, 12:30pm live on Sky Sports in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I disagree with you but I see no point in boring both of us with the discussion.

2. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Anyway, all this talk of Broony has taken away from that horrendous penalty decision. Has anyone got a video of it again?

3. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Yeah I wasn't making my point directly at you, just watching that video you linked there.

Ref was * all game tbh.

4. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Apparently it was the same referee who thought the studs on Tierney's knee was only a yellow?

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

[​IMG]
    https://streamable.com/dhw9l

6. jpb

I honestly think that some are underestimating Broony. He is the guy in our team that keeps the perfect balance between control and aggression. He is prepared to take a yellow because it is a reminder to other teams that we can dish it out if the referee isn't doing his job and I reckon that it is important for other players to know that they will get a sore one back if they put it about. It's part of why we all love him. One of the things that is very noticeable under Brendan is that we rarely go to ground in the tackle but we get kicked all around the pitch (part of why Scottish football fails to improve imo) - for example the tackle on KT when the guy went right through him was equally as dangerous as the Broony tackle.
    I am sure that he was frustrated - but was expecting a yellow for it.
    Anyhow, just a pity he couldn't have taken the ref out in the process!

Slater67, Deco67 and JML67 like this.
  7. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Nothing to see here.

neilly1987 likes this.
  9. JoeDan67

Operation "strong rangers" going strong.

Sydneysider likes this.
  10. freitassen

This is why I have no empathy for referees. If anyone of us did a mistake this serious at our jobs we would be fired. These guys absolutely can't be criticized, are not obliged to provide explanations for why did they * up, and furthermore they are absolutely never punished. Why a guy that is expelled out of frustration because of his bad decisions has to serve a suspension and he doesnt? Why are these * immune to any criticism? Does anyone seriously think that putting these * in the top of an ivory tower under a semi-* status will make them referee better?

I have absolutely no criticism to Broony after what he did. If I was on that pitch the diving * would leave the stadium in a wheelchair. Of course that after all of this I would be furious, even the * Ross County manager said so.

Now, what will happen to the diver and to the orange *? Will they get a stronger punishment than Brown? Will the yellow card to Jozo for complaining after being robbed be cancelled?

Sydneysider, neilly1987 and Deco67 like this.
  11. TheHappyLoss

Wee bit of a worry that we ain't been playing too well recently. Team has been disrupted with injuries and players being rested so hopefully with a full fit squad we will focused and ready to go for the treble. We weren't great again today even without the dodgy decisions

12. The Celtic Way

I decided to drive to that game today never again * that, also i must admit i thought it was a straight red at the game, looking back now its not any worse than holt on roberts and that was not a foul, the penalty is just not acceptable at any level of football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JML67, StPauli1916 and TheHappyLoss like this.
  13. belbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley...the shebeen version
    Am so fuxxxng angry today didnt want to post earlier as i would have been banned for what i wnated to say, in context though all i can say is CHEAT CHAEAT CHEAT dont ya just love spfl refs my mates are aghast with some of the decisions against us this year when ive showed them they dont think prem league refs are that bad after all

Sydneysider and StPauli1916 like this.
  14. joemc

Ref knows it's frustration from broony , which begs the question, why did he know it was frustration , he knows it was not a penalty , and he knows he let brown get fouled on 2 occations just before the sending of without doing anything about it ,so in my opinion the ref clearly knew he was cheating us and led to browns challenge ,all be it that was a yellow every day and the one on Sinclair was worse .

15. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

My thoughts exactly. I do think he booked their player for the second foul on Brown before, which begs the question why not the one beforehand and then maybe pulling captains in to diffuse the situation or even seeing the player beforehand getting a booking would have put a stop to it but I think he was out to cheat us and had his stall set out.
    I know I'm like a broken record but I still maintain that had that been twenty mins in and certain events not occurred it would only (rightly imo) have been a yellow, the referee has therefore been influenced by what's gone before knowing Brown's state of mind which has made him go steaming in, etc and that's not right. A yellow is a yellow frustration or no frustration, the * no there to play psychologist, however the simpler explanation is that he was just out to cheat us. Don't think I'm the only one who sees it that way either.

jpb likes this.
  16. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Amen.

Sydneysider and JML67 like this.
  17. Cupid Stunt

In terms of the penalty I don't really see the point in referees trying to cheat us in the league now it's sewn up? I mean, the other teams in the bottom six will probably be more * off than us when the dust settles. The red card for Broony I didn't think was a red but he did go flying in to the tackle out of frustration and you can see how the ref decided it was a red. Hopefully we will appeal and he'll be available for the two Hun games, although his passing recently suggests he's starting to tire and maybe a rest would not be such a bad thing.

18. Sno'sLeftFoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Corrupt officiating in this backwards country already cost one manager a treble in recent times.

Call me mental, but I'm slightly pleased that Brendan has been able to view the level of anti Celtic bias we have up here for himself. There's been 3 or 4 now but that today was so blatant Tim Peak could have seen it from the spacestation. He's an intelligent man and will know now that he relies purely on the focus and ability of the players to get the job done next week and he will ensure this will be the case.

Again, might be slightly warped logic, but I can see this as a positive going into the biggest game we've had in months next week.

19. joemc

Cheating us like this robs us of our natural game , we would be over thinking trying to stop situations before they have happened , like watch yer tackles, and don't get drawn into challenges in the box , those cauz goals against u ,you need to have natural aggression and instinct , but we are having to question ourselves because of a cheating ref.

Sydneysider likes this.
  20. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    yeah the league's sewn up but the unbeaten run isn't......there's a fairly hefty chance it'll be one of these * that screw it for us too!!