1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Official TC Thread] Rosenborg v Celtic, UCL Qualifier 2nd Leg, Wed 2nd August 19.45 k.o, Live on Premier Sports

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Jack Torrance, Jul 27, 2017.

Discuss Rosenborg v Celtic, UCL Qualifier 2nd Leg, Wed 2nd August 19.45 k.o, Live on Premier Sports in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

Gordon

Lustig Simunovic Ajer Tierney

Brown Armstrong

Hayes Rogic Sinclair

Griffiths
    1-2​

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  2. Samurai Bhoy

I know he had a poor game last night but I'd give Forrest the starting jersey, for his experience more than anything. A bit risky giving Hayes a start in such a high stakes game away from home.

Gordon

Lustig Simunovic Ajer Tierney

Brown Armstrong

Forrest Rogic Sinclair

Griffiths

Gonna be one of those squeaky * nights.
    I think we'll scrape through on away goals.

1-1 or 2-2

Tommy25 likes this.
  3. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Will the fear of an away goal make them * up? I hope so. Griffiths plays we win. Simple.

paulmcq1888 likes this.
  4. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    We really need a striker back in for this. Mon Griffiths.

5. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Huge improvement required but they will definitely have to open out a bit more and I think that plays to our strengths.

6. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Time to step up and be counted. Not just Griffiths if he returns, the entire team.

Peej, Tommy25, JC Anton and 1 other person like this.
  7. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    The performance was pathetic last night. All stems from lack of signings to freshen up the first 11. McGregor should be playing ahead of Ntcham for now anyway.

JC Anton and markeyboy like this.
  8. clonbhoy

They are still an average team and we haven't become one overnight. Last night was probably as bad a performance as we have had under Brendan. The team clearly never adapted to not having a striker, which also means we are relying on Griff being fit. It also meant that plan 'A' was going to be very similar to any plan 'B'. It is funny but a striker like Ciftci, with a physical presence,would at least have pushed the 2 centre-halves deeper and made space for Rogic and Armstrong on the edge of box.
    They are going to go with a very similar game plan at home,why wouldn't they?It worked well and if they had taken one of their chances we would be in real trouble. Their fans will be patient and understand the game plan, they were patient at home to Dundalk when they were favourites and will be the same when they are underdogs. They will understand the situation.
    I hope Brendan takes this game against Sunderland relatively seriously. It is clear the team is some way off where he would want them to be, the passing,especially, is nowhere near sharp enough. I don't think we can afford to be resting guys, even for friendlies, when they are not at match pace. I wonder if we should have had something last weekend?
    I certainly wouldn't be panicking, we are still a far superior team to Rosenborg and will be favourites to win the match and progress. I really don't think they are any better than a mid-table Scottish Premiership side, but they have had some luck with our injuries and it is clear that pre-season and 2 games against part-timers is no comparison to the real thing.
    If we get one it becomes a stroll, that is the hard part mind you!

9. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    That's nonsense. It stems from lack of match sharpness in comparison to our opponents.

Imagine lamenting a lack of signings then mentioning a new signing in your very next sentence. Embarrassing.

10. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I think we are a weaker team\squad from last season.

I fear it'll be 2-0 Rosenborg.

We cant play as bad, however they cant be as bad in front of goal as that too.

11. TheRover

Well *, after having had time to calm down I am confident we'll still get through next week. The most important thing is we didn't concede last night. Their match sharpness, our lack of striker etc all contributed to last night's result, but with them having to come out next week, I'm sure we'll be able to exploit the space and our quality will shine through. Just need to be wary of giving possession away needlessly as happened too often last night.

We will get through folks!

12. honda Gold Member Gold Member

I'd play McGregor. Guy always pops up with a goal. He's a European goal magnet. Let's use him.

KRS-1888 likes this.
  13. HailHoopy

Watch them panick when we hit an early away goal :34:

kinglenny likes this.
  14. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Is Brown going to be ok for this he took a really sore one at the end?. An unpunished sore one.

15. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I think this is going to be a struggle. They're not great at all but they're well drilled, organised and fit as well half way through a season.

We need a striker, just for a focal point. Our entire team looks disjointed without one.

Glad it's no just me :56:

We played * because we've no signed anyone to freshen up the starting 11 so we should drop a new signing for a guy that's been with us for 10 year :52:

Random Review and Liam Scales like this.
  16. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    We will get the win, am sure of it.

17. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Dundalk scored against these and should of had more, sad state of affairs if we cant

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  18. AJ Styles Moussa Dembele's eyes Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I was at the game last night and it was a very poor lacklustre performance but an early goal there and Rosenborg need 2
    Ref was a joke as well we always seem to get the rookies in these big games and its pathetic

19. markeyboy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Early goal to calm the nerves, they'll commit men to try and get a goal back, that's where we'll penetrate them for Sinclar and Griffiths.

I can't contemplate or accept, how we can't get the better of this team over 2 legs, we're far superior, let's give them no respect, go all out, if they get the first goal, it's not tie over, as we could still go through with a 1-1 draw, but let's not even give them a sniff.

C'mon Leigh, make up for your daft suspension and get a brace.

1-3 Celtic.

20. seanleflem

Hope the ref was a joke and not start of an agenda by UEFA against us, if so next week will be even more difficult.

We are a better team though and if we have Griffiths back I think we will win.