1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Rosenborg v Celtic, Thurs 29/11/2018 Europa League 5.55pm ...Result 0 - 1

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Drakhan, Nov 5, 2018.

Discuss Rosenborg v Celtic, Thurs 29/11/2018 Europa League 5.55pm ...Result 0 - 1 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    It was obvious how hard it was for us to get out without Edouard and Forrest on the pitch.

I know you think he done well but I thought Griffiths offered nothing uptop and the ball just kept coming back at us.

Taking McGregor out of his role for Brown didn’t help in getting us up the pitch either.

2. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Forrest needed to go off, 100%, he was gubbed and had taken a sore one.

The rest can maybe be argued about but both Forrest and Lustig needed off the pitch to protect them.

3. Seosamh Máirtín

I'm not criticising Brendan, the subs made sense. I usually agree with you, but can't say I was impressed with performances from players coming on. I hoped with Forrest coming off Gamboa would push right up and KT would sit more as he had a tiring game, but we didn't see any of that and that is only thing Gamboa can really offer us.

Brown was just ok. I wouldn't expect much as he's just back. Same goes for Griffiths really. Ideally you'd want him to be up to speed and * a goal late on, but only had one chance and fluffed his lines a bit.

4. Jeremie Frimpong

They have one of the highest average attendances in Europe; Leipzig is one of Germany’s largest cities.

5. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Don’t need to be impressed, the fact is they worked mate.

6. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Means * all mate.

I’m sure there’s more Celtic fans than go into Celtic Park on any given day. They might have a load of folk that turn up for the games but where’s the fanbase outwith that?

7. Cupid Stunt

Thought Christie and McGregor were * especially in the second half. Rodgers substitutions were strange as well, you'd have thought he'd have learned from the Leipzig game that throwing * on who had been out for weeks was not a good idea.

8. jordan_

You kidding?! Your average man city, chelsea, PSG fan all follow the legendary club :56: Just don't believe them when they tell you football started in 2003!

9. Jeremie Frimpong

Well, if you want to throw in casual fans, they have tens of thousands of them in Leipzig and across Saxony.

Leipzig has a huge, relatively young, international population; the football is inexpensive and of a high standard; and RB Leipzig is the only major football club in the city: it has no trouble attracting hangers-on.

When you register as a resident of the city, they give you a welcome pack full of RB Leipzig goodies. :giggle1:

Unfortunately, they are only going to go from strength to strength as a football club.

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

11. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Just booked Saltzburg tickets....hopefully be a good one.......place should be rocking!!!

Artorias likes this.
  12. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

we murdered them the first half, were opening them up with ease, its just when it went into the box the players wanted too much time and to many touches, almost too relaxed
    i mean it was good that we were relaxed, the players were passing and moving brilliantly until they got the ball in the box then there was a distinct lack of urgency until forrest burst through took a touch and smashed a shot that the keeper saved, i thought that would kick us on and we did get the goal a wee while later from forrests cross

when you play aswell as we did first half and we dont get them goals our dominance deserved you can actually see the pressure starting to effect the players, well i felt i could, i thought a few of our stars of late looked tired, in particular christie mcgregor and forrest i think forrest and christie in particular took a few sore tackles aswell later in the first half

at the end of the day though we were by far the superior side but we could have drawn and even lost that because of our lacklustre play in their penalty area

Twisty likes this.
  13. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    haha....looks good......bit of * turbulence on that flight!!!

14. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I don’t disagree as of now though they ain’t a big German club.

Bayern Munich’s a big * German club.

‘Casual fans’ that’s bullshit. I can’t get to games cos of work now, likes of Padmill on here has been the same. Are we ‘casual fans’?

KRS-1888 likes this.
  15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Needs more republican songs.

jocksteinupper likes this.
  16. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    We are now 20th in the coefficient with that win for us and draw at ibrox

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

17. Jeremie Frimpong

I never said, or even implied, that you were a casual fan, so perhaps you should have read my post more carefully before you lashed out at me.

Let me be explicit, so as not to upset you or anyone else: I was talking about native Leipzigers, or Saxons more generally, with little interest in football and the city’s sizeable international (student) population, for whom RB Leipzig is something of a novelty.

18. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    What I said is there are far more Celtic fans, than those that are part of the 60k at Celtic Park, which you replied casual fans.

They have room for growth, a big football club isn’t something that is viewed as something of a novelty though. They have a decent home support but they don’t have a worldwide stronghold of a fanbase.

19. Jeremie Frimpong

This is the question to which I replied. I was talking about RB Leipzig’s fanbase, not ours.

20. M.E.T.H.O.D MAN Straight from the slums of Shaolin

If you were a real diehard fan like Paul the Tim you’d be at every game.

Liam Scales likes this.