1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Robbie Keane

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by stirfry999, May 28, 2007.

Discuss Robbie Keane in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. shaunbhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    IMO a goals a goal pen,free kick,tap in,screamer doesnt matter to me and his play in open play is brillaint his movement bring other players into play etc

2. gav_p

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    :56::56::56::56::56::56::56::56::56::56:

Keane's still missed sitters "no excuses for that"

3. mmmikey

Fav Celtic Player:
    McStay, Moravcik, Di Canio, LARSSON!
    What if we had the most sensational penalty taker in the world playing up front. Manages 0 goals in open play yet gets 10 penalties scored in 15 appearances. Does that make him a good striker?

I'm not arguing that a record of 12 in 13 is not a fantastic record. But break it down to how you score the goals you will find a stronger indiciation of a players open play ability. Let's not get blinded by stats.

4. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    no striker has a 100% strike rate this tread is pointless

5. mmmikey

Fav Celtic Player:
    That's fair enough that you don't rate him, I personally think he is a level striker that we need in a pool of 4 forwards. Glad to see you acknowledge the importance of who the crowd get behind (or don't).

6. gav_p

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Is this not the reason for this thread? I feel the crowd is incredibly biased towards certain players within the team. And they give the others absolute pelters. I've been going to CP since I was 5 (now 25) stuck with the team through all the *.

If we look back in history, we ALWAYS have a * of a * season and then go on and win something! When we've had the money to spend, that is! NOT the 9 in a row doldrums.

7. mmmikey

Fav Celtic Player:
    I agree!!

8. BelfastBhoy74

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields
    Its the over all package: compare Keans 12 goals in 13 games, 100% commitment, leadership on the pitch etc with Sammy etal and the 60% commitment over about 50 minutes where he sits on his *, seldom chases back etc...

No brainer....

9. mairilouise

I personally think Bellamy is a far better player than Keane and id have him in an instance over Keane!

10. gav_p

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    But again, youre missing the point of the thread. What we're getting at is that player A does something an mucks up, everyone is on his back. Player B does something and mucks up, everyone cheers him and tells him its OK.

11. BelfastBhoy74

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields
    I dont think i am missing the point.....at the end of the day a miss is a miss and Kean like any striker shouldn't miss a sitter....but if i have watched someone give his all and then miss my first reaction is frustration however if i have watched a player that has been carried for 50% of a game miss a sitter then the frustration quickly changes to anger....

Strikers work on ratio's simple as that, if my striker A is getting in the zone for most of the game then I am more prepared to be tolerant/supportive...

I do hate the Boo's around Parkhead....and i will always support the team...I have cursed McGeady in the past for giving a poor cross but as soon as i have finished I tend to clap him for at least beating the full-back and getting to the line.....

The 100% player will always get the benefit of the doubt where the slacker will be butchered....

12. Heisenberg

100% agree

13. Viper_MMA

OHH MY F@CKIN *.... !!!

Is there actually guys on here questioning Keanes ability.... ???

Thats ridiculous man!

In the past 12 years we have had 3 strikers, above the rest, who are utter top drawer quality, and the teams they played for and the fee's etc teams where wiling to pay for them etc... Shows this.

Larsson
    Bellamy
    Keane

And the boo's, there will always be nuggets who will boo one player... Constant! But give others a easy go of it... as I said at the start, Larsson was the prime example, the ultimate prime example. No matter what the man done he would be applauded, where as the likes of Hartson etc... would be barraged by a minority of the support.

Not the same fans who stood in the stands etc... Money has changed our support drastically!

14. samson81

Fav Celtic Player:
    It certainly isn't Loovens
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and Over

We brought him here in the hope that he would get medals, but he had a howler at Rugby Park on his debut, and done * all at Ibrox. So 12 goals in 14 games HASNT been enough

15. samson81

Fav Celtic Player:
    It certainly isn't Loovens
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and Over

Would rather have Hartson or Sutton than Bellamy

16. mmmikey

Fav Celtic Player:
    I have to disagree with Belfastbhoy - How can you say Samaras gives less than 100%? For me in terms of work-rate and commitment he is on the upper end of our scale. The only reason he is singled out in my opinion is his style of running, because at times over the past couple of seasons he has been clinical in front of goal..

17. mairilouise

I'd rather have Hartson or Sutton than Keane :icon_mrgreen:

18. BelfastBhoy74

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields
    Its all about opinions mmmikey - but i dont think i have ever seen 100% over 90 minutes from Sammy......as an impact player coming of the bench he works dont know why but he does.....over 90 minutes he seems to get lost.

19. Viper_MMA

You think in their prime, any of them could have played in that Man City Team...

Only an opinion mate

Bellamy is an absolute cracker pal!

20. mmmikey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fair do's :50: