1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Robbie Keane

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by stirfry999, May 28, 2007.

Discuss Robbie Keane in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. shaunbhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    my point exactly

2. shaunbhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    13 + 1 as sub

3. JamesyW88

He's been supplied with many decent pass's and missed them point is he is overrated im not saying hes not a good player but he's definetly not as good as everyone makes out and im sure im not the only one that thinks that.

4. shaunbhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    excuses me if im wrong but do we not have the same attitude

5. gav_p

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    OK, fine. We all agree you need to be supplied the right passes etc etc.

But he has been getting some of the best passes and he still mucks up!! All we're saying is that if Fortune was there playing in that position, he could probably do just as well as Keane. I don't care how much he's on a week, but he's came with a massive reputation and , so for imo, has been a massive let-down.

6. shaunbhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    gees peace hes not over rated 180 goals in the premeirship more than most great strikers who have played down there

7. kierancfc

eh?

8. shaunbhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    so if you brought someone to a club who scored 12 goals in his first 14 games youd feel he let you down??

9. Dempsey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc & McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    How many important penalty misses this season and last by other players?

Goals are goals and this 65k a week striker has shown that its not a coincidence that he is on the end of the moves. He's only been here since January and he's making Samaras and Fortune look like complete donkeys

10. shaunbhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    when the other players miss we have a bad attitude towards them,just cause hes a player doesnt mean he canae moan at his own players

11. kierancfc

That wouldn't ba hard... Boyd and Miller have been doing that all season.

12. gav_p

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Yeah, i'm annoyed with him. Great, he's scored 12 in 13, superb, well done. But there's chances he's had my granny could've scored...and she's six foot under.

13. kierancfc

It's just not showing much of a team spirit in my opinion. He took a wee stop the other night with Nguemo who passed the ball to him and he didn't move for it, it's always the other players fault.

14. shaunbhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    wel what about when boruc and caldwell and boruc and naylor and boruc and hinkel and lennon and mcgeady its shows team spirit as they want everything done right so we dont lose and every manager says the same

15. mmmikey

Fav Celtic Player:
    McStay, Moravcik, Di Canio, LARSSON!
    Difference with Samaras and Fortune is they get pelters for touching the ball. I wouldn't underestimate the confidence factor.

Can't really argue with 12 in 13 though, however they reached the net. But could he be doing better? Yes in my book which makes the crowd reaction thing even more annoying.

16. gav_p

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Agree!!

17. shaunbhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    :56::56::56::56::56:how can you be annoyed with that if we were top the league and coasting that wouldnt annoy you gurantee it and if your annoyed at him * noes what you feel for sammy n MAF

18. CelticFC1967

* * if scoring 12 in 13 appearances isn't good enough for Celtic then i'm beginning to think our fans would think twice about signing messi if he was offered to us :56:

19. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    Keane is the best forward at the club since larrsson. If people cant see that then they are stupid. He is Ireland all time top goalscorer and has scored nearly 200 in the epl. 12 in 13 here. Quality player, good movement, can drop deep, good finisher, brings other players into the game. Hes the real deal and we should do everything to keep him. Also i dont think he gets paid 65k per week from the club. is it not 35k from the club and 30k from DD?

20. gav_p

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    :icon_mrgreen:

You've missed the point of this thread, son!!

What we're saying here is that Sammy and MAF get pelters for the same * ups that Keane does, only difference is Keane gets away with it! Keane has had 40+ chances on goal, * knows how many one on ones. Now, for a striker, you would expect him to put every single one away. Thing is, each time he goes on a one on one, the keeper knows what he's going to do, as he does the same thing all the time. As I said earlier, if Samaras and Fortune were in the same positions he was in, they would probably score the same amount, end of.