1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Robbie Keane

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by stirfry999, May 28, 2007.

Discuss Robbie Keane in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. TAB

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.

Robbie Keane was great for us in his loan spell.

His movement was super impressive, light years ahead of anyone else in the league at the time.

2. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Robbie Keane was excellent for Celtic and I, for one, am glad he played for us. Even for a short spell.

The rest of his career I couldn't care less about but barring a very poor Liverpool spell he has had a superb career and will rightly be lauded as one of the Irish all time greats.

3. StrikinMidfield

His time with Celtic was great. Loved watching him play, one of the best Irish players of all time. Wish he could have stayed longer, but the time that we had with him on the squad was fantastic.

4. Heb Celt

* fart.

5. Matt_20

He's as bad as Kenny Miller for moving clubs all the time. Of course he will be called a mercenary.

6. Bellbhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Uninterested, Disinterested is more like impartial :icon_mrgreen:

I loved Keano before he came to us and I understand people need to make a living but he wasn't worth the money he was looking for and I'd have been very angry if Celtic had agreed to pay his full wage. :50:

7. Al Bootyerbaws

He must have made a fortune, all the moves he's had come with big signing on fees then there's wages.

If he was a Celtic fan then why not stay? He's already a millionaire and he'd still probably have got 30 grand a week off us which isnt exactly peanuts.

Still prefer him to Roy Keane though, couldn't stand that guy.

8. Conor1994

:56: Why not stay? Oh yeah, because whether Celtic make a transfer offer doesn't matter...

9. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fans I think are opposed to any big name players joining because I think they think that they think they're bigger than the Club.

Some people hate Ljungberg yet Ljungberg wasnt even really signed to play, I never expected him to start a game and only make about 10 sub appearances then leave. He was only signed to add experience to the squad at the time and give us a lift in the dressing room.

10. albashamrock

I am sure Redknapp said he wasn't going anywhere at that time.

He did well but unfortunately the management and team wasn't good enough during his loan spell here especially as TM got rid of some of our best players like Robson and Skippy.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2013
  11. Matt_20

I'd go along with this and add that it was worse in Keane's case because he'd always gone on about how he was such a big Celtic fan and yet only bothered his * when he was being farmed out on loan.

12. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Keane played 200 games for Spurs over 6 years. It is easy to label him a mercenary without actually understanding his career.

He broke through at Wolves as a young guy and Coventry spent big money on him. Inter then took him to Italy and he didn't properly settle. Went to Leeds during the era which led to their financial implosion then settled at Spurs where he became captain. Had a * spell at Liverpool before coming to us and West Ham on loan before moving out to LA to end his career. His recent time at Villa was something a lot of European players do during the American close season.

13. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Apparently Dermot Demsond paid his wages whilst he was here.

14. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Aye, some fans dont even like Dalglish, Nicholas, Viduka, Di Canio, Van Hooijdonk and Cadete despite them being among our greatest ever strikers because they all left. If Lasson left in 2001 after his 53 goals season he'd be being called an * now :56:

15. Nasser

It's more of a joke people thought it was very funny he passionately said he loves Liverpool and was a fan as a kid then says more or less the same thing about Celtic. It's pretty rare you will find people in England that support two teams I would say Scotland is the same it is viewed with suspicion or worse you would be ridiculed for it like Keane was. He also has said he loves Tottenham and has said they are the best fans in the world. He is a footballer that is his job so I can understand sweet talking the fans and don't hate him or dislike him for it I just found it laughable.

I dunno if I would call him a mercenary but he does seem to go where the money is.

16. Cmcgregor90

A guy that we enjoyed but a guy that came for absoloutley nothing I remember he was the guy that was going to win us the title

17. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Wayne Rooney supports Everton and Celtic, yet left Everton and now says he loves Man Utd. Roy Keane supported Spurs and Celtic etc

18. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

go to the premier league thread

19. Al Bootyerbaws

How much did he leave Spurs for then?

Did he not go out on loan again then he was released and * off to america?

20. Nasser

But what age are these people that support two teams I bet they are early 20's or younger. People have a "second team" like a Premiership team or St Pauli or whoever I understand that a team they might go and watch the odd game and look out for their results. But supporting two teams putting them equal to Celtic is definitely odd to most fans. Especially if the teams are both based in the UK. I mean what happens if they play each other?! Who are you going to support?!. I was staying at a hostel in Australia and this Irish lad who was a mate of mine wore a Man Utd top all the time then when Man Utd played Celtic in the Champions League he suddenly started wearing the Celtic top during the game. He was saying things like England * lol then the next day he was back wearing his Utd shirt. A few others even other Irish Celtic fans thought it was stupid.