1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Robbie Keane

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by stirfry999, May 28, 2007.

Discuss Robbie Keane in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Probably never. He signed 5 year deal at Spurs.

2. SamC7

I have noticed at the last few games that when players like samaras,Fortune miss they get boo`d or shouted at but when Keane does it (which he does a lot) everyone says "Unlucky" and cheers.
    Your Thoughts ?

:celt_2::shamrock:: faithful Through And through :shamrock::celt_2:

3. Dazza

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Because you know eventually he'll score if he keeps getting the chances but with Samaras? Unlikely tbh

4. StainseyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Andy Hinkel !!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Cos we love Keane and he can do no wrong.
    Tbf though Keane is good and he does look like he might score, Fortune and Samaras just dont.

5. homerbhoy

or it could be 12 goals in 13 games what has samaras done or fortune

6. SamC7

well true didnt think of that
    :celt_2:Faithful Through and Through:shamrock:

7. smadabhoy

I think that is spot on mate.. it shoudnt be like that... its like 1 rule for some and 1 for others its not nice!

Lay Off Samarass he needs confidence!

8. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    I'm sorry but when any player has a chance clear on goal and doesn't score I * shout, rant etc. Dont gice a toss who it is. When Keane misses a chance that he should score I'm not going to say poor Keane, I will say "how teh * did you not score" end of.
    Disnae matter who you are, if you miss a good oppertunity you will get shouted at.

9. Viper_MMA

It happened with Henrik for years bud!

I remember sitting behind the goal in the Jock Stien, and big Hartson snatched ata shot from just outside the box... The Boo's rained down.

Celtic got a penalty.... Henky takes it, misses it, and "You are my Larsson" lol

I was amazed.... Prawn sandwich brigade lads, the crowd has changed drastically over the years, not all for the good!

10. RobbieFan1

cause keano is an irish legend - end of :shamrock:

11. gunt

There is no doubt that there are favourites who can do no wrong but eventually reality sets in. The golden view many fans had of Darren O'Dea had no grounding in reality and its taken a long time for the majority to come round to seeing the reality.

Other players are described as terrible just because they are playing within themselves. Brown for example has not set the heather on fire recently but he has also barely made a single mistake. I think he has never (not from the start) been accepted by many. I think its all about the well of good will. Players fans feel they can relate most to get a lot more leeway than guys like Brown who are seen almost as hundercover. The accusations of Brown not trying for example are mad. Nobody tries harder than Broony.

Often after games the scapegoating does not relate to the reality. The Well game for instance was a whole team failure and we were just closed down all over the pitch. IMO the worst player was Kamara but he was not mentioned in the fall out and instead the best player on the night, Aidan, gets it in the neck.

12. Viper_MMA

Glasgow Celtic's in Scotland though :87:

I couldn't care if he was from mars, he's a quality player, but agree with the original OP, hate the way some fans lambaste some players yet cheer a selected few no matter what!

13. seanolamisio

Fav Celtic Player:
    king henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    broons been a major flop,nae goals,never dominated of game,nae brain,biggest waste of money since mr *!

14. Jezzz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joe Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley & Let the People Sing
    But Keane's Irish... Therefore making him an Irish legend even though he is at a Scottish club.

To be fair to Samaras at the beginning of the season when he was on goalscoring form he still got loads of stick which Keane escapes in the same situation. Keane is clearly a quality footballer though and can get away with it.

15. Viper_MMA

I dont really fancy getting into this in depth, but the original OP stated that he gets cheered no matter what...

He is at a scottish club getting cheered by a majority Scottish crowd... Whats the difference if he's an Irish Legend as you put it!

Was it the same because Larsson was a Swedish legend... ???

Are you Scottish or Irish... ???

16. john_bhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson, or lennon, or maybe sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    i hope u die in your sleep nacho novo
    love keano but the fact that george and fortune get played on the wing doesnt really help them prove their abilities, think keane and georgie in the center would be a good partnership, george can provide when he not being greedy and keane can finish

17. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    Wont shed no tears when Keane returns to London with his over inflated ego , We cant afford him and get better value for money elsewhere .

18. RobbieFan1

when has he ever been up himself ?? ive never seen this.

19. sickbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Keane, Kamara, Boruc and Hinkel
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone, This Land Is Your Land:D
    Because Keane doesnt hide in a game and trys harder than those 2 clowns. Plus, he looks diaspointed when he misses......unlike the other two who expect to miss chances!!

20. shaunbhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    i never boo anyone if they miss they dont do it on purpose just glad there in a position to miss it tbh as this season there normally no one there,but i see your point on keane not getting such a hard time but his work effort is great compared to they other 2 and he looks interested for 90mins un like the other two only kid on too look interested after we moan at them, i'm talking bout sammy really MAF is alrite not as bad as made out to be but i dont think hes ever going to be a goalscorer