1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Really annoying!!

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Celtic Mad, Aug 2, 2004.

Discuss Really annoying!! in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Celtic Mad Administrator Administrator

I was looking through another forum and I came across a thread asking to see who all was going to the Newcastle match. All of them were from Glasgow and they were saying that they wern't going because they couldnt be arsed! This really * me off. I live in Ireland and go to 40+ games a year including European games and away games and it costs me £85 to get their and back so why the * can't the supporters spare £16 to go and see this game, it isnt too much to ask for. If I lived in Glasgow I wouldnt miss one Celtic game no matter who the * they played and I am looking to get over to Glasgow for a few years mainly to see Celtic games!!!!

I hope none of you take this personally but it has really been * me off for quite a while now. I hope we get a good turnout on Wednesday and I am trying to get over to see it.

2. charliebhoy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I completely agree CM i live in coventry, england and the it is about a 750 mile round trip to see the hoops play, but i try to get to as many games as i can and i find sum really strange ways to get there, anyway it takes about 4 hrs there and 4 hrs back and in total cost me about £50 a game but i am still on the waiting list for a season ticket and hopefully in a couple of seasons time i will be at all of the games aswell

3. BTG

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady, Maloney, Browny
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Your on a waiting list? Last season when I joined huddle select membership I had an offer for a season ticket in the Lions stand straight away.. Agree CM, I try to get to as many games a season as possible and usually get to quite a lot, 7 hours on a train isnt ideal but I always think its totally worth it.

4. Celtic Mad Administrator Administrator

It takes 2 hours to get from the bus to the boat, takes 2 hours on the HSS or 4 hours on the slower stenaline to get there. Takes 2 and a half hours on a bus from the boat to Celtic Park, then right back again. I have to get up at 4am to get to 3pm KO's and is it worth it in the end? * yes!!!

5. Mark

It's because it's a friendly I guess and there's no real significance to the match. I think people in Glasgow are too spoiled - they can all really easily get to matches without any hassle. They are away from the house for 3-4 hours to see Celtic whereas people in England, Ireland, etc take that long to actually get into Glasgow. I include myself in this.

Other things though - Summer holiays make people lazy lol, no money too could be one thing. A bit of both for me! I'm off on me hols on thurs so the last thing I could do it spare money to go watch a friendly, the day before I go! And I'm a lazy bassa cos i wouldnt be able to get a lift to the game LOL

6. Dubsbhoy Banned!

i * hate the coach im always the only one left awake as i do be to hyper to sleep and i get bored outta my face, i hate the whole stop/start drinking thing too so now i don't bother with the drink, i swore this year i'd start flying over only problem is the CSC im in won't release tickets unless u travel with them but i think i've picked up a contact for tickets who im meeting next week. i don't get to nearly enough games with work commitments but im on a promise of an away CL/uefa tie going to go with the missus and the little one i brought her to her first dublin game yesterday and she loved every minute of it, can't wait to bring her and the missus to CP tough.

i'd love to have the advantage of living in glasgow it would be a gift but you don't appreciate these things until there taking away from you. i was talking to a season tkt holder 2 weeks ago from galsgow who moved to dublin a year ago and he was saying he only realises now how lucky he was and that it kills him he can't go to every game.

7. Celtic Mad Administrator Administrator

What CSC are you with dubsbhoy? Do you dock from Dublin? If I moved to Glasgow, I'd probably find it hard to move back here, lol.

8. Dubsbhoy Banned!

mid leinster CSC based in offaly, dublin ones are a joke - there all full and if you did manage to get into one you'd still not be sure of a tkt cos they look after their mates first, i might be joining one in droghda that has a great tkt allocation and my friend is well up the ranks of it.

9. Dubsbhoy Banned!

sorry we get the ferry from belfast

10. BTG

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady, Maloney, Browny
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Usually get the plane up but im going to go to most games with the CSC this year, i'm hoping to go to Glasgow university once i've finished 6 form and live there for a few years get better education etc..

11. Celtic Mad Administrator Administrator

Exactly what I'm looking to do mate!! Maybe I'll see you up there, lol.

Aye, I get the ferry from Belfast too Dubs!

12. BTG

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady, Maloney, Browny
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Yeah, same age aint we? May see you up there mate :icon_mrgr

13. Celtic Mad Administrator Administrator

Yep, we are. I'd laugh we were made room mates and only finding out who eachother were a few months mater, *! Getting too carried away here.

14. BTG

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady, Maloney, Browny
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    lol ya never know, got another year of 6 form to go through yet tho :icon_eek: