1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Reaction to good or awful decision(with poll)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CelticKurd, Jun 23, 2017.

Discuss Reaction to good or awful decision(with poll) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I'll slow it down for you....

I said your post was nonsense because Ajax don't just have a small element and Chelsea have had massive mobs out numerous time's, including the weekend just gone actually..

Stop waffling away man. Celtic supporter's have been attacked by Ajax fan's numerous time's home and away now so of course it's a high risk fixture. Same as anywhere else our fan's get attacked..

I watched our support get attacked constantly away at Valencia in the Champions league near their ultra section and bar. Maybe we'll avoid taking tickets to that place as well..

packybhoy likes this.
  2. Millerntor

Who cares if Chelsea are not as they were in the 80s on the hooligan scale. When we played them in a friendly in 2006, there were battles all over the place all night, fans barricaded in pubs not getting into the game until half-time. In terms of Legia - the last game in Warsaw seen skirmishes in the city before the game and in a bar outside the stadium. We were told during the game that due to the police being aware that we were going to be attacked after the match, that we all were going to be put in taxis to go back to the city centre - and we were. Held in for about 45 minutes, then taken down a path near the stadium where we were surrounded by masked up polis and put into taxis in fours when they arrived. And that was before it all blew up with Legia where now they undoubtedly would be all out to get our fans if we draw them again. If the concern is about fan safety, then logic dictates that in no way should we be entertaining taking tickets for either game.

Random Review likes this.
  3. ddub11

I think the issue is why did the board not ask for a neutral venue or something along them lines.
    Its just unacceptable to refuse tickets on safety grounds and hand them the advantage (in terms of support)while their were other options open to them.

As you said there are dangers posed to celtic fans who might want to go the game then surely if the danger is so great its up to uefa to make sure the solutions a fair and equal one.

As i have said before i fear the club are setting a precedent here for future games.

4. CelticKurd

Fav Celtic Player:
    Georgios Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony and Willie Maley
    Linfields board wanted to guarantee maximum security and were open for different solutions as long as they kept the first leg.

PSNI said just dont do it on 11/12 as the police are at orange walks and said an alternative date would mean that they can assure protecting football supporters.Shameful that they cannot manage to secure both but it still shows an attempt to get to a good solution. So the first leg was set differently as everyone wished.

The board however didnt even ask for a neutral ground or put uefa into action, its cowardness to just not take any tickets and prevent supporters from seeing their teams in the stadium . Why not get the tickets and give it only to CSC´s or supporters who cant risk doing stuff like pyro/seeking fights. We all know that our support wouldnt let anything happen from our side but only defend itself when its necessary while not reacting to dumb provocations.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
    Gabriel and StPauli1916 like this.
  5. Fatface

I am not sure about your last sentence. While there may have been some concern from the Board about fan safety, I have no doubt that they were probably equally concerned that there could be a fan reaction to all the hun hostility and 12 July Orangefest that ended up with Windsor Park being smashed to bits...

6. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Anyone see that joke of a blog from some * defending the board "protecting the brand"

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Let me guess CQN.

8. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    'The celtic blog' I think it was called. Horrendous wherever it came from

9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

If it's anything like CQN then I'm not shocked.

10. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

The joint statement sums it up.. no consultation with fans, no rationale from the club in their insultingly short statement and no support for the players who take the pitch..

This has been very poorly handled by the club! And if anything will put supporters in more danger, fans will still travel but with the Police having no idea of numbers.
    They've got this one wrong and are out of touch over the depth of feeling around the issue.

Celtic banning their own fans from playing a game in Ireland, let that sink in!

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk

StPauli1916 likes this.
  11. lovingthegreen

This situation is beyond ridiculous. I will say that I'm an American and don't know all of the details of the relationship between Celtic and Belfast, but, even with that said, it should be up to the supporters to decide whether it will be too dangerous to travel, not a board who are more interested in public relations than they are in the actual safety of the club's supporters.

I know that if I was a Scottish-based (or Northern Ireland-based) Celtic supporter, I would be livid about this, especially if I was someone who traveled all over Europe supporting this club in Champions League and Europa League matches, including in some not-that-safe places, but then I'm not allowed to travel 150 miles to Belfast because the board want to treat me like a child.

I don't believe it will be that dangerous compared to other away matches Celtic have played (but I am open to being corrected on that), but even if it will, then the game needs to be moved to a neutral venue. If the match is viewed as too dangerous for away fans, then why is it being played at that venue? Why should the away supporters be punished because of how unsafe the environment around the home club is?

12. Sween

I support Celtics stance on not taking tickets, but I do agree that if they believed that the host club/nation could not guarantee the safety of celtic fans then they should have pushed for neutral venue outside of Belfast. The responsibility has to be on the host club and then uefa to provide a safe place to play football rather than the visiting club.

13. Scullybhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Easy Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    My only concern in all of this is it doesn't affect the outcome of the tie.

14. faw cough Gold Member Gold Member

It won't.

If anything it will make the game in Belfast more relaxed for Our players.

It will not be anywhere near as tense (atmosphere wise) without any of our fans there.

15. ScouseHoops Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace/The Huddle Song!
    Entirely my point lad. Plus I repeat, our supporters traveling there and behaving the way they would always behave and that's with dignity and class, would have sent a stronger anti-sectarian message.

16. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

The board are stopping us from attending for selfish reasons.It's unforgivable.

I'm * going over for a wee trip anyways...I'll just watch the game in the Rock Bar.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  17. Scullybhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Easy Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Think you might be right about not having fans. Hope it has a positive impact in any case.

18. Sween

What are the selfish reasons?

19. Mr. Slippyfist

You honestly have to ask that question?

Quite simple: Linfield, orange *.

They sing their Orange bastardry songs, we fly a "pro-IRA" banner, and sing "Pro-IRA" songs.

UEFA fine...

20. Sween

Preventing trouble isnt a selfish reason. The job of the board is to do what is best for the club. There is no self benefit to the board members in taking these actions - it is done to protect the club