1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

RB Leipzig v Celtic, UEFA Europa League, Thurs 25 Oct 17:55, BT Sport 3

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JML67, Oct 20, 2018.

Discuss RB Leipzig v Celtic, UEFA Europa League, Thurs 25 Oct 17:55, BT Sport 3 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Bhoyse

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka
    Eddy definitely cannot play up top by himself. Looked lost up there. Ntcham also a big disappointment for me, he's been off since Moussa left I think. Also, Hendry seemed an improvement on Jozo somehow.

2. Forestbhoy66 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    We have 12/13 players that make a good premier side,probably win it. Those same players could do well in Europe. Once some of those players are not available we look very average against foreign opponents. Tonight shows that what we have as back up just ain’t close as replacements imho. Should have sorted the defensive situation last time,but by doing so we are going backwards. If at least 4 players don’t come in this window, to compensate, I don’t blame br for buggering off. Why watch something you love slowly die because someone ain’t willing to cough up...?

3. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    We’ve done a double treble, want a swatch of ma *?:56:

4. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Oh well always gonna lose this one let’s get back to the league now

5. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony

Aye lets rest players , we have a diddy cup to play in on Sunday, * the Europa, lets rest players, i know some were injured and one was suspended for tonite , just as well , we have the diddy cup to play for , the whole of Europe will be watching in to the game on Sunday, some teams cant even sell out their allocation its that prestigious of a tournament . I want to do well in Europe and win the league and the Scottish , make the diddy cup for under21s only , hopefully some young players will make a break through to make the grade.

MagicBallBhoy and JC Anton like this.
  6. GuttleGob

Once you're chasing the game away from home it's always hard, and until then Celtic were the better team. Just two stupid low level defensive errors handed Leipzig the game on a plate. They weren't anything special. The positive is that Celtic were matching them despite injuries, the negative is what we all know. Defensively poor.

Callum McGregor likes this.
  7. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

Eh?

8. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Well that's just not true.

9. andybhoy94 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    If the players and management aren’t going to bother their * with a European game why should the fans, that was pathetic tonight.

10. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Normally I'd agree with that but this season's League Cup is of greater importance than usual. After a pretty pish start to the season and a malaise creeping in, winning it could inject a bit of morale back into the squad and kick us on for the rest of the season.

Any chance of doing anything of note in Europe was * when Lawwell failed to spend any of the £30 million + that was sloshing around our account at the start of July. We lost Roberts, Armstrong & Dembele and he failed to acquire a replacement for any. Unforgivable.

Now is not the time to be blooding youngsters in the League Cup we need to keep building on the momentum we had before tonight.

Paddy156 likes this.
  11. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

i dont know who to blame for this year so far rogers, lawell, the board, dermot desmond, the players, the foreign contingent

surely we should be prioritizing european games and our ranking points where we get most of our income from rather than some diddy league cup thats worth how much in cash terms to us ? with not even a european place in it for the winner ?

where do i think we are now ? rogers will be off at the end of the season, he wont be given any money to pick his preffered players in january well he wasnt really supported in the summer

the club must have decided before the summer that they were gonna try and downsize the squad and sell assetts and bring through the 2nd string to replace them and bar edouard and a free transfer thats what they done, i dont believe rogers wanted to lessen the quality of the playing staff

manager next season will have a big rebuilding job to do

12. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Now that have calmed down , i didnt expect us to win tonite , i expected a better show, the reason we have a big squad is to cover for evantualities like to nite. I dont know if Izzy could have gave us a turn and put a calming influence on the team.

Gordon sometimes is like Jekyll and Hyde its his area, he should be screaming LEAVE IT and teaching the defenders this order, at every traning session ,Ntcham has to learn to stroke the ball, i forgot Sinky was on the pitch, Christie played well, Eddy had a few chances but he is not the finished article yet.

Tin hat on now

13. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    We are going to disagree on this , the league cup used to mean something , its only part of the treble now , we are in the history books now for the double treble, lets get a team for Europe and sod the diddy cup.

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  14. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Disagree massively. History shows us how important the League Cup can be kicking on for the rest of the season. None moreso than the year we stopped the 10, we hadn't won it in 15 years and I believe that gave the team the belief to go on and win the league.

We've won it 9 times in the last 20 years. In 7 of those years we've went on to win the league and in 3 we've won the Scottish Cup for a domestic clean sweep.

We're the only team left in the competition that will beat the huns, the other 2 * the bed every time they play them. Us bombing out on Sunday and allowing them the chance to win their first major piece of silverware would be abysmal.

The media are already latching on to any notion of a Celtic crisis and the very feint hope that Gerrard can be the one to turn things round. Let's put Naismith and Levein back in their box on Sunday then go on and demolish the huns in the final.

If we do that I believe we'll comfortably storm to the league. At that point we'll need to spend money on quality to freshen things up and 10 in a row will be on the horizon.

Rydo1888*, Sydneysider and Valhalla like this.
  15. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    We have played our hardest 2 away games in the group back 2 back against good sides on their home ground,no surprise we got nothing , 2 home games now and an easy trip to rosenborg.
    lets see where we are at end of the group.

16. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
  17. dmac

Europe is a step up that when we get to play its as if the team gets stage fright and it's usually where the defence make simple mistakes and get punished. Seems as if all confidence gets drained from the team.

18. Lewis Kerr

I expect 1 - 3 points max out of 9. No more

19. wulliebad

More worrying for me is the lack of back up to the main 11,all BR * talk about small squads ect ect and his squad is * *.

20. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony

It is not the all and be all of beating the scum. If we won the SPL and the Scottish cup also reaching the semifinal of a European competition , would you take 4 defeats from the scum ?????