1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Rangers vs. Celtic - Sunday, Kick Off 1pm.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Seosamh Máirtín, Mar 18, 2012.

Discuss Rangers vs. Celtic - Sunday, Kick Off 1pm. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Artur Boruc #1

Would have been a Celtic fan sitting in their end.

Heard numerous instances of folk doing this today.

Would need balls of steel and it's definitely not something I could ever do.

2. Keane7

Dont even feel that gutted tbh, atmosphere was brilliant! They where silenced when we pulled it back to 3-2, another couple of minutes we could have scored again.

3. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I felt the same, I was * from the night before and never even had a drink but the last 20-25 minutes were brilliant. Every song the huns tried to sing was hijacked(mostly becaused they sing all our songs) and even we celebrated their goals more than them :56: the last 5 minutes were brilliant and we had a good party in the end despite the loss. I left the game feeling like it was a win and have no voice now after waking up.

4. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

when we went down to 9 we needed 8 Ledley's and a Forster. If you watch the game back, after we went down to 9 Ledley didn't walk once. In fact, at one stage he sprinted to chase down a ball off mcgregor, the ball went to one of their backs and he sprinted after that. The rangers players kept passing the ball around and ledley didn't stop bursting his balls trying to win the ball. He then , in the same play, sprinted back to our box to help out the defence too. He didn't stop sprinting once.

5. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    aye it was a hard game for the players was like 3 against 6 in midfield after wanyama was sent off and there was gaps everywhere obviously and * running about nuts to stop them walking through

was actually mad how we managed to get a 3-2 out of it I would took the 1-0 as soon as Cha went off ended up better than that

6. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

* that. No way I could sit in amongst them.

I couldn't hold my tongue for starters, I'd be deid in about 30 seconds after taking my seat :56:

7. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

:50:

8. cammy07

We missed Kayal badly today imo, Wanyama was well off the pace and Ki was non existent. After Cha's red card I think he should have taken off Ki instead of stokes, I thought he did alright, had it not been for that cheat/inept linesman he would of been clean through on goal aswell.

Rogne had a nightmare, big mulgrew was only marginally better and Matthews was awful. Having said all that, to get it back to 3-2 with just 9 men was admirable.

Just gutted that we missed out on the chance of winning the title at ibrox, something, we may never have the oppurtunity to do so in my time

9. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Well, where do we start?

Lennon made some bad choices.

Matthews is never a LB option. Ledley is a poor CM. Stokes is pretty poor for big games.

All things I knew before today but little did I know that the worst of all would be our manager. I hope Lennon learns from today. How he can expect a 10 man team boss themselves at Ibrox is beyond me. He cost us the game today. Make no mistake.

On the plus side, the likes of Forster, Brown and Samaras who should have started up front were all brilliant.

10. Rossenspeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal
    The manager takes the blame today for me.

Lennon seems to have caught the Strachan bug of pulling out the felt tips at every old firm game and confusing the team, instead of just sticking with the players and formation that do the business week in and week out.

Why do we need a 5 man midfield against a shower of * like that? Did he actually see their * team?

Pish!

1st sending off was a joke, second was deserved.

11. optimusmike777

to be fair rangers were poor today other than alukos goal, after cha got sent off they hardly did anything, they scored the other 2 wen we were down to 9 men ,one was off side too and they other came because we were pushing up trying to score plus we still managed to score two goals with 9 men.

ive seen the media descriding rangers as amazing and stunning seemingly forgetting we had 9 men and they had 11 for 87mins, one news report on tv didnt even mention that fact. stuff like that really annoys me:47:

12. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    You forgetting last season?

[​IMG]

Pretty sure that was 10 men at Ibrox.

For me, I would only blame team selection if a weakened team is put out(like Aberdeen away but even then that was due to injury) the team today was good enough to win and the best team on the park, it was them who didnt win although like you mentioned the 10 and then 9 men didnt help.

13. optimusmike777

oh also love the fact we were 3-0 down and our fans were still singing louder :celt_2:

when i see the celtic, i go out of my head :shamrock:

14. kris_bhoy_1916

Huns went down to 10 as well Naismith was sent off. But agree with the team selection cha is not good enough for us.

15. The Golden God I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds Gold Member

Huns went down to 10 at 2-2 though

16. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Still we were down to 10 men against them for 40 minutes in that game while also a goal down and bossed the game and got it back to 2-2, should have won it too, Sammy was wrongly given offside when he was through one on one.

We ended that game with 59% possession even though we played 40 of the 95 minutes with a man less.

17. Markybhoy

Calum Murray was a * today.

But I'm sorry to say, the Celtic players let us all down today. They did not show the same passion or desire to win this game that we had. I am broken hearted and so disappointed. I really am. :54:

18. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Well like everyone else I am absolutely gutted with todays game. Obviously you never want to lose a derby. But for me today was extra special. We had the chance to write a really big chapter in club history with a win today. But unlike some here I am not going to go over the top in vilifying the team and Lennon. Now firstly I think Lennon got his selection wrong and the players quite simply did not show up in the opening 15 minutes and we got ourselves in to trouble with no one else to blame for the first 15 minutes but ourselves. I felt Commons should have started on the left in midfield and I certainly would never have started Cha.

Beyond that though Calum Murray then produced an absolute stormer or a mason of the year contending performance. Never was Cha's red a sending off. There was cover in the middle and their player was off to the side of the box not clean through. Then his treatment of and sending off of Lennon is shameful. We had Rogne? hauled down in the box off a set piece by Whittaker when it was 1-0 and no call. The biggest positive for me was how our 9 players responded at 3-0. Instead of giving up they fought back brilliantly to make it 3-2 and I think that resolve could be a major positive sign in the growth of what is again lets not forget a very young and growing coaching staff and team. I also couldn't believe it when Murray blew up right on the 4 minutes of injury time. When Rogne made it 3-2 there was still 90 seconds or so left and yet Murray let the huns take all day to kick off again and didn't add any extra time on the 4 for the delay.

Special praise for me today goes to Forster in goal who was excellent again. I though Ledley and Brown were great and Samaras did a ton of work up front. I am gutted still but it is at times and days like this that I am always so proud to be a Celt. The support at the stadium was brilliant and while we only have ourselves to blame for that first 15 minutes what happened after from Calum Murray will just make winning this championship all the sweeter. This team has fought back from being 15 points behind to be well in front with just 7 to play ( 8 points even without the 10 point penalty) and what they have done so far this season has been outstanding. Today was a tough pill but even the great O'Neill and Larsson had their bumps in the road and I am convinced that in Neil Lennon we have a coach and a yound team which is in the early days of a real golden period for our club. Equally as todays activities have shown with our players being told not to bring their relatives as their safetly could not be assured we have and our all part of a club to love and be proud of in stark contrast with our opponents today.

What happened today will just make what is to come all the sweeter. Tiocfaidh ár lá :celt_2:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2012
  19. Cerand Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott McDonald
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Way
    Good post mate - In todays sunshine and sobriety I regret my angry post match comments.
    Still a lot of joy to come for this team - give Rangers their wee moment of glory - ater all would you really prefer their problems and future !( or lack of ! )

20. T.I.T.O

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldiers Song and Roll of Honour
    Would love to have beaten those horrible * yesterday. Odd selection from Lennon. But * it, leagues ours and those * will win * all.

Glasgow Celtic Champions!