1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Qarabag v Celtic- Wednesday 5th August, K.O 17.30, live on BT Sports

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Jack Torrance, Aug 1, 2015.

Discuss Qarabag v Celtic- Wednesday 5th August, K.O 17.30, live on BT Sports in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    You could always tell Lenny hated these games, I'm with him on that.

Nerve shattering as *.

2. Green And White

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youl never walk alone.
    Livid

I agree with you though. I actually dont recall seeing our fans once. Unacceptable.

3. Green And White

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youl never walk alone.
    Thought he worked extremely hard aswell. Just needs that first goal. Players like himself need time as they have come from a small club to a massive club and the pressure of expectations can be hard to adjust to.

How long was it before John Hartson got his first goal? Was it 6 games or something?

4. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    BT sport coverage, near on 2 hundred travelling 6 hour flights and barely any notice of them. Can't recall Derek acknowledging them once either. He's used to lauding the journey around Scotland though..

Nice to see that it's irked you as well :86:

5. Green And White

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youl never walk alone.
    It did a little i suppose.

6. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Absolutely, * just going to make up the numbers. If we make it, we'll probably not do anything against that calibre of opposition, but why even go if you're not going to even try?

7. JamesM09

I expected more from Qarabag last night. I wonder how much they are to blame for not attacking well, or if it was more a result of us defending well as a unit. We certainly won plenty of key tackles. Bitton, Brown and Johansen regularly robbed them of the ball.

I heard Deila said something like he hopes we can play like Qarabag did; I assume he's referencing the way they passed the ball out from the back. When Deila first joined I thought that is the way he would insist we play in these games, and I think last night's game was a good example of why that's a bad idea.

They were mugs for playing like that because they simply weren't good enough to do it. We won possession off them so many times when they tried it and we really should have punished them for it at least once or twice. There's absolutely no point in trying to play like that if you don't have the players for it or if it confers no advantage.

8. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Forgot to mention this last night, but it was a bit weird how Qarabag played towards the end. They needed a goal to take it to extra time and you'd expect them to throw everyone forward last 5-10 mins, they didn't change their play at all! In the 87th minute they were attacking and had three boys on the halfway line against our lone striker. Just found it a bit strange is all.

Anyway :36:

9. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Think that was because Forrest and Griffiths had smoked them for pace when they tried that. So they needed to be a bit cautious or the tie was definitely over.

10. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Thought Sutton was a good pundit last night, was like the rest of us could tell he was nervous.

11. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    There was one point when the ball was bouncing around our box you could tell he was holding his breath :56:

12. Dáibhí

He made no secret of the fact that he wanted Griffiths on, did he? :smiley-laughing002:

13. CharlieMulgrini

I made my girlfriend watch the game with me. She nearly fell asleep. Luckily at half time we had our own halftime show, which was the only interesting thing about the entire game.

That lad Cficti upfront worked hard, but he is not the answer. Celtic need a proven goalscorer to even get into the champions league never mind actually in the group stages. I'm absolutely non-committal to Lee Griffiths, in terms of Europe. He's just another Tony Stokes in European terms. In the play-offs coming up, we need to step up the quality massively. I really don't see us getting through the play-offs no matter who we play unless we are more clinical in front of goal. James Forrest should have buried the chance yesterday, and I'm not buying any excuses about the fact that he just came on.

In general, I am happy that we got to the play-offs. Nir Bitton is absolutely immense, and it won't be long before he's at someone like Arsenal, so we should enjoy this while lasts.

Lastly just to point out that if we can't beat any of these proposed sites that we are due to face in the play-offs, then we don't deserve the champions league anyway.

What a boring game....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. CharlieMulgrini

My point exactly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Davie Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bitton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Aye a hate them too. I'm not one to get excited about these games, glad to see the back of them tbh

I didn't mean one we're there not to try. Just make up the numbers. Just think the players will play a whole lot better and play more freely without all the pressure on them.

Trust me, we'll see a different team if we make the groups. That's why I don't worry to much about the performance in these games

16. paulpaul17

We were 1000/1 to win champs league outright before last nights game, and we are now 2000/1 to win outright.

Doesn't seem right to me.

17. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    watched teh game on telly last night so wasn't keeping up with the match thread but reading through it now and just seen some of our players being called '*', 'Wankbag' absolute *', * useless'.

Seriously guys were we watching the same game?.. we looked solid defensively and pretty much limited them to one decent shot. We had a tough tie and I think Ronny done exactly what was needed this 2nd leg.This place has got worse year by year for the sheer toxicity and trolling ... think I'll be staying away more and some of you need to take a right good look at yourself and how you speak about our players..

18. blizzard bhoy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Merry Ploughboy
  19. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    Can't say I noticed any of the abuse but I share the sentiments of your post.

Some players become "Flavour of the Month" and then the next minute it's " I told you so". On the rare occasions I get to Celtic Park, I find it hard to bite the tongue with regards to comments and abuse branded at our players.

Constructive criticism I don't have a problem with. Shouts of "he's * *" or "get him to *", do no-one any favours.

Back to the game yesterday. Ronny did get it right with tactics and achieved the desired outcome. Now we look towards Friday and the draw for the next round.

20. jamesfr

should be 5000/1 ,unless the money distribution in football changes or we are very very lucky indeed it's not going to happen in our lifetime