1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Prometheus: Ridley Scott kickin' ass, again

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by Seosamh Máirtín, May 1, 2012.

Discuss Prometheus: Ridley Scott kickin' ass, again in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Seosamh Máirtín

I want to see this...very, very badly:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiguOy5ZFks"]Prometheus - International Extended Launch Trailer - [FULL HD] - YouTube[/ame]

'Star-map'...* damnit. Why not just let Ridley Scot make an adaptation of 'Knights of the Old Republic'?! I'll take Jedi Knights over scientists, every day of the week! :56:

But in all seriousness, that looks amazing. I'll be in line to see that film, definitely. Great to see another Ridley Scott kicking * again.

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2012
  2. ORIGINALS

Has the potential to be bad i think.

3. Seosamh Máirtín

Sequel already planned, assuming this is a box-office success, to move the film further away from the Alien franchise (the universe this film is set in). Interesting. :icon_mrgreen:

4. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Me too really looking forward to this, comes out 1st of June i think, can't wait!

5. ghodsgift

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Boruc, Maloney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley, YNWA, Over & Over
    Genuinely believe this is going to blow away this summer. For various reasons so i guess ill start with the obvious first. The Dark Knight Rises looks great. The new trailer looks like we are in for a treat. That said however, it doesn't look like its going to live up to its predecessor... but there's only so much you can take from a film trailer.

The thing i believe gives Prometheus it's edge of TDKR is because we havent been spoiled by sci-fi over the last 10 years, with exceptions of Star Trek and Avatar. Whereas we have had comic book movies flung at us from every direction for the past 10 years. Not to mention its Ridleys return to sci-fi!

I reckon the only people that are going to be let down with this movie are they people thats going expecting the original Alien to be a mainstay character again. I believe there will be a breif cameo at the end likely and the odd hieroglyph or something though.

Its a certainty the cinema is going be phenomenal this year though. Cant remember the last time i was as excited as this year for movie releases.

6. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    I agree those going to see it expecting an alien prequel might be disappointed somewhat, its kind of an unofficial back story to it i think. Some things will get explained but it will go off on another tangent. Can't wait for some movies this year, Prometheus/Dark Knight/Hobbit.

7. Harry Caray

My most anticipated film of the year CANNOT * WAIT, going to be all forms of epic !

8. TheBatPencil

This is THE year of films. Seriously.

9. monthehoops1888

Looks as if its going to be a cracker Ridley Scotts movies are always excellent...

10. Markos1972

So looking forward to this-gonna be mega summer for movies

11. StibyBhoy

Mate just sent me a link to IMDB with this trailer and I jizzed my pants.

Cannot * wait for this, seriously, I will love this film.

* the advert has just appeared on the Telly!!!

I wanna see this now!!!!

12. Bonobhoy

My take on it(and i may be WAY of the score here)...That the humans,travel to the planet,discover some alien race,parasites attack and invade the humans...they desperatly try to fight of the alien like parasites....fail to do so and therefore......the Xenomorphs from the ALIEN movies were originally the humans that were attacked?

is that garbage or could i be close?

Anyways trailer looks class

13. C2911

Well, it looks to me from the trailer (and I could also be completely wrong) that when they arrive they find that whoever left "the invitation" have been pretty much wiped out by some sort of alien race, and as a result of their presence now know the location of earth? That and something related to the parasite thing you mentioned.

14. Mr. Slippyfist

Looks absolutely * hot!

Do I need to watch the Alien films do have a clue what is going on - I have seen them, but can't really remember all the wee details...

15. ghodsgift

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Boruc, Maloney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Not at all mate as it's a prequel. I mean you can if you want cos i know i will! Prometheus is supposed to be how the Alien craft crashed on LV-426 (The plaent in Alien/s) in the first place.

16. Gundog Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing

Was reading about this on avpgalaxy forum and apparantly its set on a different planet with a similiar but different ship.

17. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Ive been reading its more of an unofficial preview to Alien, so a few questions may be answered but i think it will go off on a different tangent.

18. Seosamh Máirtín

Definitely going on a different tangent, as you say. Ridley Scott has said a sequel will do so even more, so I'd expect this film will be the one to tie things together in a sensible manner, then really push the mythology in the second film.

19. ghodsgift

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Boruc, Maloney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I stand corrected! Which kind of puts a damper on it for now. I think it would have had made perfect sense for this movie to finish up on LV-426. Thus leading into Alien. Saying that i can see it would only be an obvious ending and maybe people would be put off if that was the case as they'd have a fair idea how it ends.

Anyway, more importantly guys..... SEQUEL? * ahaha so Ridleys doing one more after this?!?! Speak to me guys!!! :icon_mrgreen:

20. ghodsgift

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Boruc, Maloney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Big things, have small beginnings

Gents, thats the movie seen through its first weekend. What were your thoughts on the flick then? Did it live up to expectations?

Personally i loved this! Was speaking to a few mates after the film and we all basically agreed. As far as cinematography goes, Prometheus has to be the best looking film i've ever seen (Avatar aside for obvious reasons). The last 10 seconds were the pinnacle of the movie, which i wont mention to avoid a spoiler. Fasbenders David was a superb piece of acting aswell. Really hope they make more now they have set up the story!