1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Pressley rallies the Celtic troops

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic News' started by The Doctor, Mar 21, 2007.

By The Doctor on Mar 21, 2007 at 3:27 PM
  1. The Doctor

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley, Four Leaf Clover
    Celtic and Scotland defender Steven Pressley has warned the chasing pack in the Scottish Premier League that the club will put their recent poor form behind them and clinch the championship at the earliest opportunity.

Despite two defeats, Celtic still hold a commanding 13 point advantage over Rangers with only seven games left to play. They only require 3 wins to retain the league flag.

"When you play for Celtic you are expected to win every game - that's the pressure that comes with the job here."

"It's positive pressure, though, and I thoroughly enjoy it."

"It will be great to finalise the league campaign. I mentioned when I signed back in January that I came here to win trophies."

Pressley also heaped praise on the recent performances of his young team mate and fellow centre half Darren O'Dea​

"Darren is a fantastic prospect. He's a young lad with an old head on his shoulders."

"He's very level-headed and he's acquitted himself very well. I told him after the game against AC Milan that his was one of the best performances I'd ever seen from a young player at that level."

The Celtic fans will be hoping that his confidence is shared by the rest of the squad, so the title can be clinched sooner rather than later.