1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential, or *hopeful* exits?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Jan 1, 2019.

Discuss Potential, or *hopeful* exits? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Then the manager should be talking to him about his attitude. If the coaching staffisn't getting the best out of him then they need to take responsibility. A few of the team need a talking to.

2. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Thing with ntcham is I have only ever seen him turn up in certain European games and against them in regards to other games in league he hasn't set the Heather alight at all

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

3. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    I’d wholeheartedly agree with this.

Kouasse would have offered more dig than Ntcham last Saturday...but he seems to have fallen over the edge of a cliff.

4. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

He didn't play for a month after the Hearts semi. He was benched for a few games after being hauled at HT v Motherwell.

The management & coaching do not escape criticism for the 1st half of this season but you're being naive if you don't think they've had conversations with Ntcham.

clonbhoy likes this.
  5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I think they clearly know his attitude and performances haven't been up to scratch..

I agree though, it's then up to them to find the best solution....which they have for a spell but I personally can't see Ntcham bursting a gut from now on in, so it's on them..

Lilac Wine likes this.
  6. Ghotti Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh
    Let’s not throw out the baby with the bath water here. Kouassi, Ntcham, Morgan, Benyu, Bitton are capable of making an impact.

But time is running out for Jozo, Boyata, Gamboa, Hayes, Compper and de Vries

7. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I never said they didn't talk to him. I'm saying they haven't gotten the best out of him. They need to look at all avenues

8. clonbhoy

Maybe they have, or, even more likely, they shouldn't have signed him at all. They saw his ability without researching his personality.
    He can * right off.

9. clonbhoy

Hayes showed a bit of fight against Aberdeen and should have started at Ibrox. I think Morgan still has something to offer. The rest are either not good enough or not bothered and are of no use.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  10. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

If they've spoken to him on various occasions & dropped him for a month during important games in Europe and a Cup final and he's still not busting a gut to turn it around to win his place back, then I don't see what else they can do.

The guy has downed tools and refuses to pick them up to put in a shift. Despite getting a wage increase and contract extension. This is all on him not the coaching staff, he's treating the club and the fans with contempt.

rudebhoy67 and clonbhoy like this.
  11. Ghotti Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh
    Hayes is a bit on the fence for me. If he can’t push for a starting spot then we should be looking to improve

12. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    apart from the Zenit game at home have we seen anything positive of Eboue Kousassi? Morgan hasn't even proved himself in the premiership yet and same with Benyu. Bitton is the only one we know that can do a a good job when required.

13. Keano88

Kouassi tore his ACL a few months back and will be out for the season.

Lilac Wine and Sonic Reducer like this.
  14. Jeremie Frimpong

It’d be a stretch to call that an understatement.

Doogs. likes this.
  15. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Certain players listed on this thread are what they are, utility players.

Some might needed loaning out due to their age and inexperience.

Others might be lacking motivation, concentration or have grown conplacent, i include ntcham, broony and sinclair in that.

But needed to be moved on asap as in terms of holding progress back...

For me those would be

Gordon
    DDV
    Boyata
    Hendry
    Compper
    Lustig
    Izzy
    Gamboa
    Jozo

As you can see if defensivley where we are carrying the most actual deadwood imo.

Its an absolute shambles that not only are these players still here, and active in the first team but also that BR hasnt properly addressed it.

Players who simply wont get better, recover form and are simply substandard.
    I hate the phrase but this is where "major surgery" is needed.

16. Maestro 08

* sake. Was that the game he was trying to play on in? Kid has barely been fit & when he has been he's been miles off the first team. Comes back from the wilderness and does his ACL. Don't want to be harsh on him but what a waste of a money he has been. One of many. Will be nursed back from another injury, sit in the sidelines doing * all then most probably be let go without making the slightest of contributions. Between him & Commper we've probably wasted the best part of 6 million in fees & wages and we'll be luck to get about 30 games out the pair.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
  17. DaveKing'seye

There is a lot of deadwood around the club at the moment which i wont list as everyone is in agreement who is in the firing line for January/summer exit.

However, people saying we need to stop buying projects are totally wrong IMO. We need a better, more extensive scouting system to compete with teams like us. The average age of our squad is about 26 (googled this) whereas the average age of the Salzburg squad is 24 (google again). The highest fee they have paid in recent years is 6 million, yet they have a far superior team to ours. They make profits on player transfers every season and reinvest sensibly in young players.

If we could start to find young, hungry talent like Salzburg. We could make win trophys, go further in Europe and turn a tidy profit consistently season after season.

And anyone who says we shouldnt be a selling club, have to be realistic, its who we are now.

Lilac Wine and clonbhoy like this.
  18. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Hope to * we are as we got some amount of * to sell.

19. Martybhoy53

Congerton. Hopefully get rid of this imposter.

20. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Ambrose,Mulgrewtime to bring home?

Lilac Wine likes this.