1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Possible linfield game

Discussion in 'Celtic Supporters Info' started by leeso-ardoyne, Jun 21, 2017.

Discuss Possible linfield game in the Celtic Supporters Info area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. leeso-ardoyne

Anyone know what's needed to pull one or two away tickets if linfield win there game and get to play us?

2. Norm Peterson

Just go in the Linfield end bud. They're a great bunch of lads!

3. honda Gold Member Gold Member

4. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Looking like Friday 14th July by all accounts.

My European away record is non existent. 2 aways last season and neither through my own client code

I'm sure criteria will be released following the 1st round game but expect it to be high.

After sorting Leeso out, if any one meets the criteria and isn't attending give us a PM.

Hopefully the supporters clubs in Belfast get their fair share of tickets too, most run a bus weekly.

5. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    It'll based on attendance at previous European aways and if we do get circa 6000 allocation most who have attended 2 or 3 aways last season should get.

One other possibility is that Celtic Travel will have an offer and those can be open to all ST's who have never travelled to any aways in Europe. That though will be for travel from Glasgow only.

CSC's in the Affiliation will also most likely receive an allocation but until the game and date is confirmed nothing will be released regards criteria.

leeso-ardoyne likes this.
  6. gerard1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    from what I'm hearing Celtic are not taking any tickets for windsor

7. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    Where you hearing that Gerard?

8. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic taking no tickets. Announcement in morning.

Makes you wonder why it can't be played on 11th/12th when club is taking this stance?

Viva La Fiorita

9. Murph-E

18,000 seat stadium for a team who average about, what, 2,000 fans? Any chance of Celtic fans buying tickets and just carving out our own section? * love to get down for this.

10. Larsson93

Loads of Celtic fans are going in the north stand. Also heard that the stewards are aware of this and just plan to move everyone on linfeild gear to one side and the "others" to the other side of the stand. Obviously this is just speculation and might not be true.

11. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Fears are growing that Celtic fans will gate crash next week's clash at Linfield, with a safety expert warning it will be almost impossible to keep away supporters out.

Despite Celtic not taking their ticket allocation amid safety concerns, tickets for the game are being offered for resale by supporters online - with no control over who buys them.

The sides meet in a Champions League qualifier in Belfast next Friday.

The build-up to the eagerly-anticipated tie has been dominated by security concerns.

However, within hours of going on sale on Thursday, tickets were being offered on resale websites.

A crowd safety expert warned it was impossible to keep Celtic fans from the match.

Andrew McQuillan said: "If a Celtic supporter wants to go to that game, there is no way they won't get in.

"I have already seen people offering tickets online.

"I can get a ticket myself and if I can get one, anyone else can."

Mr McQuillan (below) said the safest option would have been to accommodate away fans.

A major policing operation has been in place since the sides were paired in the draw for the second round of Champions League qualifiers last month.

They were scheduled to meet on July 11 or 12, but the tie was moved back 48 hours to avoid a clash with the Twelfth.

It will also kick off at an earlier time of 5pm.

Celtic decided the potential for disorder was still too big a risk and opted not to take their allocation of tickets.

The club said "the safety and security of all Celtic supporters travelling and attending matches is of paramount importance to the club".

Yet tickets, bought by fans who no longer want them, are available for anyone to purchase online.

Two were listed for sale on one well-known classified ads website, while some were being offered on fan forums.

Mr McQuillan said the lack of official arrangements for visiting fans could create problems if some access the stadium.

"The people planning the security for this tie will all be experienced and capable, and they will undoubtedly have expected this," he added.

"It is virtually impossible to stop Celtic fans attending this game.

"The problem is when they get into the stadium, what do you do with them?

"The safest option for me would have been to have facilitated the fans. If you let them in, at least you can control them.

"I have no doubt some Celtic fans will travel over for the game.

"The vast majority will be decent, law-abiding fans, but all it takes is one or two others to cause a problem."

A Linfield source said it was inevitable Celtic fans would get into the stadium.

He said plans have already been drawn up for how to respond.

"Should Celtic fans get into the ground, they will not be removed, they will be put into the west stand," the source said.

Linfield did not respond to a request for comment yesterday.

Ticketmaster offering North Lower and Upper tickets to Northern Ireland addresses. North Upper is typically given to away fans. I imagine the West Stand isn't being used for the fixture and stewards will direct us in there when we're 4 up after half an hour

12. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Quality West stands the away stand then :56:

mickey95 likes this.
  13. Murph-E

Might risk it.

14. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Where is this from mate ?

15. faw cough Gold Member Gold Member

"Should Celtic fans get into the ground, they will not be removed, they will be put into the west stand," the source said.

I smell *.

16. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

17. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
  18. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman
    This is a disgraceful decision by the club. We should have taken thousands there.

Not that they'll likely ever get far enough in Europe to draw a team like this......but if Linfield were to draw say Lazio or Roma...and you know what would happen as soon as they caught sight of the Vatican....do you think this would stop Linfield taking tickets? And like I keep saying Linfield as a club know that their supporters will drink all day in Bridgeton and that they will cause bother around Celtic Park. But thats not stopping them taking their allocation.

Our fans have a brilliant record as away fans in Europe. Any bother or disturbances are far more likely to be caused by Linfield fans.....because they are bigots and cant look at a tri-colour without wanting to burn Catholics out of their homes and shoot people.

We are not hooligans, but we are not afraid of this type of intimidation....especially in a country where we have more right to be than them. But the club wont let us go.

..................................................#Raging

19. Murph-E

* it, fanzone it is. Should be good craic tbf.

20. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

I'm a fully paid up member of Undercover CSC for the day. Cannae wait