1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Transfer Talk

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by PaulM1888, Jun 24, 2009.

Discuss Transfer Talk in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OsLeõesDeLisboa

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael Lustig
    :smiley-laughing002:

2. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I'd take Atsu if we could get him think he's quality but other than that I'd rather use our own youth players than develop others. I know they players are very good and more than likely better than our youth players, but I would rather develop our own.

3. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Zander Diamond & Sunny Jim could do a job here

4. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    *. Good move.

5. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

He got POTY in Belgium.

6. Daddybear29

Maybe but if he improves the Scottish game and celtic can argue that case ie sell more rights to USA then he would get permit no bother

7. RocknRolla67

Fav Celtic Player:
    All of Em
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Since I'm American...Yedlin would be great, but we are pretty set at the right back postition, Besler is a solid centre back but he's 27, John Brooks is a freakish athlete and only 21 but I don't see us luring him away from the Bundesliga and he can be prone to some huge mental lapses, Aron Johannsson is a quick, clever striker who has shown he can finish in the Eredivise but we have about 35 strikers on our books at the moment, and even though Mix Diskerud was one of only two outfield players not to play in the World Cup I really really hope that small rumour of our interest turns into something concrete (and if you're wondering why he didn't play it's most likely because he was brought as a direct replacement for Michael Bradley, and Bradley has played every minute of the last two World Cups)

8. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Not surprised about Diskerud mate Bradley is an excellent player IMO. Plus the midfield of the US generally all had very good world cups.

9. Kayal338

Arthur Masuaku
    LB - 20 - France

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR-Be-2E2sU"]Arthur Masuaku | Valenciennes | Dribbling Assists Goal | 2013-2014 Full HD 1080p - YouTube[/ame]

10. paddybhoy92

Yedlin looks quality from what I've seen of him but I agree with you, by far our strongest position at the moment is right back so we don't need him.

I don't think Aron Johannson would be a good signing to be honest... we have strikers already at the club of a similar level to him and he doesn't have the ability to play as a lone striker... if we're going to be spending decent money on a new striker then he has to be able to play the lone striker role in Europe! It also worries me that of his 49 starts for AZ last season he was subbed off 20 times- thats just over 40% of the games he started in, he was pulled off! For some one thats seen as such a huge goal threat there must be something dodgy about him for their manager to continously do this! Anyone who watches Dutch football more than me, able to expand on that?

Anyway with you being American, what it your opinion on Omar Gonzalez? I don't really watch the MLS so this world cup was the first time I'd seen him... I was very impressed with him but after doing a bit of research on the internet I came across this article wrote prior to the world cup...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...r-gonzalez-is-usas-biggest-world-cup-headache

It says "Recent showings prove that the U.S. will indeed try to play a high line of defense in this World Cup. When used properly, a high line can be very effective. Yet, Gonzalez is a liability in that system.
    Gonzalez lacks the most important thing in order to be successful in a defensive high line: pace.
    With the American defense pushed up, Gonzalez will struggle to keep up with opposing attackers. One quick counterattack and everything can go wrong for the U.S. back line"

Makes me think he wouldn't fit Celtic, especially with the way Ronny wants to play...

The article also states his "Tackling is still a big weakness," however I thought he looked assured and strong in the tackle..?

Another centreback from the world cup I wouldn't mind seeing here for competition/ cover would be Algeria's Rafik Haliche. Was very impressed with his showing in Brazil.

11. Kayal338

Marco Schönbächler - 24 - LM + ST
    L And R Foot !:50:
    [ame="http://vimeo.com/82382410"]Highlights - Marco Schönbächler 2013/14 Winter Edition on Vimeo[/ame]

12. Kayal338

Dioudis Sokratis - 21 - 1.89

Goalkeeper

Stats in The league : With Aris last season 44 Games Goal Conceded ( 47 ) and Clean Sheets ( 8 )

All Time ( with two club ) : 100 games 107 goal conceded and 23 clean sheets

Video : [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qiq4nF8KQIQ"]DIOUDIS SOKRATIS - YouTube[/ame]

13. Kayal338

1- Baghdad Bounedjah - 22 - 1.82 - ST

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LAldg_4rbw"]Baghdad Bounjah skills and highlights 2014 - YouTube[/ame]

2- STEFAN SCHWAB - 23 - 1.83 - CM " Copy of S Johansen :icon_mrgreen: "

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BbtrJKAQ-4"]STEFAN SCHWAB - YouTube[/ame]

14. Kayal338

Arsenal, Stuttgart, Celtic and Rangers has shown some interest in Norwegian full back Andreas Vindheim (18) [BA]

15. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    why is it whenever we have an alleged interest rangers are involved too?
    They don't sign young players, they don't have a scout network, they are not rangers anymore

16. hoops no7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    fields of athenry, ynwa
    Primarily a right back so don't see it, probably the position we are strongest in with lustig Matthews and Fisher

17. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Andrija Balic. 16 year old Hadjuk Split midfielder, wanted by big clubs the usual but I reckon we would have a chance of poaching him.

18. Kayal338

@JankoMarc
    Today I cancelled my contract with Trabzonspor.

We need him ?

19. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I'm unsure, seems past it. Not to mention the fact we already have quite a few strikers fighting for what looks like only 1 main position.

I would say he does not suit Deila's style but then again he had 6ft 8 Peter Kovacs at Stromsgodset.

20. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Bolanos?

Free agent at the moment, seems like a decent player. Played for Copenhagen for 4 years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.