1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Pissed off

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by venividivici, Mar 22, 2017.

Discuss Pissed off in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Was just coming in to post this.

It is always us that gets it tight, typical really.

No-one ever goes and looks at the quality in other nations, we always get compared to down South simply because we are only a stones throw away.

You'd think Scotland was the only nation in which one team normally dominates.

2. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I actually am beyond caring what these muppets think.

Scottish football isn't great but we can only beat what's in front of us and prove our level when it comes to European football.

When people have slagged Celtic and the Scottish League this season I tend to just point to the fact we were a Champions League team which is a far higher standard than the English Premier League. There's no argument against it.

Funny how whenever we play the big clubs - Barca, Gladbach, and even City this season - they generally show us a lot of respect as a club and as a team. It's the pundits who were average as * footballers themselves that only played for mid table English sides all their career that tend to slate us. I think people like Robbie Savage need to try and belittle a massive club like Celtic and our achievements in order to make themselves look and feel better. It's like theyre trying to compensate for the fact they achieved * all in their careers by downplaying anything outside of England, and glorifying the English Premier League.

3. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    I don't mind cundy or Durham. Normally tune in to both their main shows if I'm out and about and they are a good listen. The pair are just wind up merchants.

4. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

This is spot on. What the * has Robbie Savage achieved in football? Captained Blackburn (who we knocked out of Europe). Also was part of the worst premier league side EVER when at Derby.

Guy has about as much right to talk top level football as Man United's club mascot.

Swervedancer likes this.
  5. dowdalshillcelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    Im from ireland, and epl fans slag off the spl over here too, when dundalk got through to play warsaw in the champions league qualifier, a lot of numpties over here were saying bring on celtic , "we will do them" I thought they were completely deluded,
    But * it, there are no shortage of clowns everywhere.

Swervedancer likes this.
  6. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

How many top class players and managers have played at Celtic Park over the years and praised the team, the fans and the club as a whole? We've all heard the comments and read the quotes from opponent's of the highest quality. While they might not hold Scottish football in the highest regard, there is a respect for Celtic (I genuinely don't know what the opinion of Rangers is/was).

So it's funny how the people who feel the need to disrespect Celtic and/or Scottish football never played in Scotland, and presumably never came up against us in Europe. Townsend and Savage had decent careers, but they never experience what it's like to deal with the pressure of playing for a club like Celtic, they never experienced the colour and the noise of a European night at Celtic Park.

They might slag off Scottish football - we all know it has it's problems - but at least it's 'real'. It's not the manufactured, money-laden, pampered, homogeneous and sterile stuff that's produced South of the border.

Guys like Chris Sutton and John Hartson might have held the same opinion, had they never played up here. They're both well within their rights to critique our game, but they respect Scottish football and Celtic.

If it makes nothing English 'pundits' feel better about their own game by slagging off ours, let them talk.

7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Every single one to a man were *'s before they ever brought us in to the bargain..

8. hakumeikirameki

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ever: The King; Now: Leigh Griffiths
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    There's a guy I know who supports Liverpool. Whenever he starts his *, I just remind him of the Hearts game. Honestly, it's sad to see a grown man reduced to silence because of a football game years ago, but it does the trick.

Swervedancer likes this.
  9. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Can someone please remind me how much it costs per minute to call Talksport to respond to clowns like this?

I'm sure the answer is the reason why they spout so much * about not just the Scottish League but ALL football topics.

Only time I've listened to Talksport in years was a few random times in my car when Danny Kelly was on but even then the adverts have you switching channel within 15 minutes

Talksport....The Radio equivalent of The Sun

packybhoy likes this.
  10. Grimm You belong to me!

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Thomson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    EPL is all that's wrong with modern day football, just too much crazy money given to average players. I like most on this forum haven't earned 300,000 in the last 10 to 15 years yet some of these * are getting that a WEEK. *.

11. Minty1888

I don't think it matters what these guys say. Our league can't be that * otherwise Man City woulda pumped us. Like they would do to a team from a real backwater football nation like Wales. * Wales's two best teams don't even play in their own league.

The bubble will eventually burst for English football and when it does, we as a club will still be financially sound and Scottish football will keep plodding along.

don't get me wrong, there's a lot we can do to improve the game up here. First starting with getting rid of the likes of Doncaster and Regan, preferably locking the * up. And making football available to all again instead of making kids pay a 5er each to use a plastic pitch for an hour.

* these pundits and journalists. Every single one of them rely on 'click bait' headlines/stories/controversy. They rely on us to respond. Just ignore. Starve them of the attention they crave.

Swervedancer and neilly1987 like this.
  12. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I honestly couldn't tell you the last game I watched from the greatest league in the universe, but they ought to get their own * house in order before bothering about ours.

13. HailHoopy

This is the muppets who'll probably think England have a good national side.

That tells you all you need to know about them.

14. This Charming Man

Cundy is a Chelsea fan, I don't think I've ever tuned into what he has to say when he's speaking.

15. The Greenman King of kings

Only one of those * I've even heared of is Savage and he's a joke. What does that say about the rest of them?

16. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

At least two of those names are real life trolls (Cundy and Durham, they just say a lot of * to get listeners to tune in, and it works to their credit).

In saying that the Scottish football is * dire, refuse to watch any of it unless we're involved.

17. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Oh aye, Savage was too good for Man Utd. The guy is a fool.

18. LloydsGamble

Obviously, I'm biased, but supporting Celtic is far more interesting than any EPL club swimming in cash.

We built ourselves from the ground up, lived within our means to become an extremely well run, financially comfortable club. While the newer 'big' english clubs were artificially raised to that level.

We might moan about not being able to spend 10 million on a player, but I've always thought that would be a bit dull if we had a 50 million transfer budget every season. It's more exciting when we develop talents and find rough diamonds and build a CL team from that.

As for scottish football, as has been said, it's just fine for the size of our country. Compare it to the likes of the Scandinavian leagues and the welsh/irish as has been said and we're doing pretty well.

Comparing it to the EPL is apples and oranges. And pre-sky and pre-massive money injection, the two leagues weren't far away at all despite them being 10 times the size.

One of my favourite things about Scottish people is that we can be spectacularly negative about ourselves and our country when talking amongst ourselves, but when external criticism starts up we all rally to it's defense and tell them to get * :50:

19. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Constantly talking it down certainly not gonna get it investment

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

20. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Problem with our league us it isn't flash with cash if clubs got more money they would be able to update stadia now I mean update as in refurbish not make capacity bigger as a believe some stadia need made smaller example killie and also teams would be able to afford and maintain a pitch the coaches and grassroots are their just lack of money and it's funny these arseholes come out and say that when we are talking about a new TV deal and much needed investment

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk