1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Peter Lawwell

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by eddiebhoy0109, Jan 13, 2015.

Discuss Peter Lawwell in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Aye nae bother..:56:

StPauli1916 likes this.
  2. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Some good ideas, was stopped in my tracks early though cause getting Lawwell to resign is not only going to be difficult for the board to agree to I'm not sure the support want rid of someone who's obviously mad about Celtic but also has been so good for making sure we are a profit run stable club.

Maybe not but the £300k salary also sounds scary, like a massive difference from Lawwell, would the new appointment have a relative lack of quality?

The most interesting point is the DoF. I was watching the Bundesliga on Bt Sport the other day and they were discussing it and it sounded almost perfect for the situation we find ourselves in. Obviously you know all about it as I think you mentioned it in the Lenny thread, for me the main reason would be long term stability and a vision and strategy that the support would have a firm understanding of.

We have to think outside the box if we're to survive this downward spiral Uefa's love of money has caused, many big clubs in Europe are feeling the effects.

Anyway as I said I don't know it in great detail but you get the idea. Even thought of Lambert helping us implement it as he'll be very familiar with the set up.

Another great idea he mentions is the Benfica model. I think creating a membership at a price point that is very affordable would be a massive hit as every fan want to feel a part of their club in some form or other even if it's just a little, if it means it's helping their long term survival then that means so much.

It feels like a significant point has been reached?

freitassen, Rydo1888* and JC Anton like this.
  3. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

I said in another thread, the 10 or failure to reach the 10 may be the natural time for PL to go..

A major restructuring could be too much if a risk at this point and for all his faults PL has been an integral part of 8IAR, so he may deserve a shot of leading us to the 9 and hopefully 10..

But, make no mistake we need a total revamp from top to bottom and it starts with a progressive CEO who can find an innovative DOF, that doesn’t happen under Lawell..

We need change but timing is everything.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  4. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    That is so true, the next two years, fingers crossed, no matter what happens, it'll be the right time to make change after the dust has settled. Now that you've pictured it like that it makes a lot more sense, if we knew exactly the criteria of CEO we wanted and for the right price that would be a great way to set off on our new chapter. I hope to * it's Chapter 11 :56:

5. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    It’s actually not that bad tbh, it’s not the price fans are moaning about its how the money brought in is being used.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  6. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    That's been CEO's in general in that period from what I understand. If that's right, it's a society problem, not a Celtic problem.

If it really is true what I read that we held our breath on the scouting network for several months in order to force compensation for Congerton from Leicester rather than us having to pay him off, that's the perfect illustration of both the absolute genius and the big flaw with Lawwell.

7. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Mince.Charming and MickeyyMack like this.
  8. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I’ve wiped my Hands with him as much as things have improved regarding finances etc , looking at the footballing aspects I cannot forgive him. It is absolutely scandalous that congreton was kept in office knowing fine well he was off to simply drain some cash from Leicester for his services. This was done leaving us in the situation where no one Realible was in charge regarding transfers, getting the club ready to prepare for the UCL Qualifiers. it’s absolute suicidal once again the credibility off our club has been tarnished for scraps Received from Lcfc. Shambles

9. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Bout time the fans actually started to look at how much these people are taking out of the club. I like others as said already here kinda said * it, once we are doing well, have a good product to watch, carry on. Now IMO of course we are just being fleeced to pay these * and Peter Lawwell doesn't care about what happens on the pitch and cant run the football side things anymore

https://celticunderground.net/the-cost-of-the-common-denominator/

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
    Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  10. TheHappyLoss

Mars bars should be thrown at this * today, I'm in the north stand so I can't do it and I've nae mars bars :(

11. jambo_cfc

Been elected in a 4man team to revamp the champions league

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

CELTIC supremo Peter Lawwell has been appointed as one of four key men who will try and change the Champions League format…just days after the Hoops were dumped out of the competition.

Neil Lennon’s side slumped to a shock 5-4 aggregate defeat to Romanian minnows Cluj and were eliminated before even the play-off stages.

However, one Celtic man was a winner this week….Lawwell.

The Parkhead chief was named as one of four men by the European Club Association to sit on Uefa’s Professional Football Strategy Council for the next four years and will be charged with changing the heavily-criticised format of the Champions League.

Lawwell will join Ajax chief Edwin van der Sar, vice president of Real Madrid Pedro Lopez and Arsenal’s football director Raul Sanllehi in trying to radically alter Europe’s top competition.

It’s faced major complaints over the qualification progress, which sees clubs like Celtic and Ajax being forced to undergo many rounds just to get into the group stages

Lawwell, who is already a member of the ECA Executive Board, was appointed at a meeting of the 246-strong organisation in Liverpool.

They stated: “Our Executive Board appointed the four ECA representatives who will sit on the Uefa Professional Football Strategy Council for the upcoming cycle 2019-23

These are Pedro Lopez of Real Madrid, Rauul Sanllehi of Arsenal, Edwin van der Sar of Ajax and Peter Lawwell of Celtic.

“We have held multiple member forums and bilateral meetings.

The aim has been to debate the principles behind the vision, seek feedback and input from members and assess the best ways to develop the Uefa club competitions over the long term.

“At our meeting, the Executive Board reviewed and discussed the feedback received to date

13. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Stupid * should be spending every second possible here in Glasgow getting his own house in order before jetting off to Europe to tell them how to run a competition he has failed miserably to qualify for since he took the reigns at Celtic.. He can stay out there even..

14. dmac

Lawell being in the 4man panel still won't get us into C.L.unless he can sneak a clause in guaranteeing Celtic automatic entry

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  15. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Hasn't taken his seat today, must not be on the HCTS

StPauli1916 likes this.
  16. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    * coward !!

StPauli1916 and MickeyyMack like this.
  17. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    The simple solution to this crap by the board & the bean counters is to put all these cnuts on a onus scheme

With the bulk of the Bonus reliant on European progress

18. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    So when is the correct time For Dermot to summon this chap,
    Surely now is apparent a massive defeat mid week and today.

19. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
  20. freitassen

This text is from 2011. And I couldnt even notice. Since then pretty much everything in fact got worse: the difference between Lawwell's wage and our top players is even bigger, and getting knocked out of the champions league by a swiss team would be not just acceptable but expected.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019