1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Peter Lawwell

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by eddiebhoy0109, Jan 13, 2015.

Discuss Peter Lawwell in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. 88jimmij88

Fav Celtic Player:
    KT
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand old team to play for
    I remember watching the Celtic TV team mates segments last season. Most of the players quizzed said Calmac was the best player at the club. Seeing him getting moved to left back can't be very inspiring.

2. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

I said he's deserves a lot of the blame, but there's a lot more people than Lawwell involved in the running of the club and he isn't responsible for overseeing absolutely everything.

Comprende?

3. 88jimmij88

Fav Celtic Player:
    KT
    Fav Celtic Song:
    P.s. who the * signed off on buying an American left back and right back who aren't even elligble to play for us?

4. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

At least we've got a Call of Duty team to watch on those magical winter nights.

5. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Was just leaving the stadium after the wife picked me up and he was trying to get out the stadium, lads in the car next were giving him pelters, big pistol stopped the car and started shouting 8 in a row, treble treble....a few times.

Looked like a big * truth be told.

6. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

4 signings. Only 1 started tonight.

Jullien has been here for a month and a half. There’s no reason for him not to be match fit. Should have been fit enough to start both Kalju games.

£3m on a left back who can’t be trusted in the biggest game so far. A * masterstroke of a signing.

Elhamed seems decent but he was injured at the weekend and was the most recent of all of our signings. Thrown into the Cluj matches with only 50 odd minutes under his belt in a Celtic shirt beforehand.

For the second season in a row we’ve failed to prepare for these games. Lennon should be kicking up a stink demanding signings but nah it’s the usual “hopefully after this tie we’ll look at getting a couple of players in”.

7. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

There was over 10 million quid of defence purchased this Window by the current Manager sitting on the bench tonight deemed unready to help us qualify for the biggest games of the season. That isn’t Peter Lawwell’s fault.

Conversely, the buck does stop with him if you want to blame Lenny. The guy he gave the job to in the first instance.

8. SCOTTYBHOY_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand Old Team To Play For
    I don’t know what’s up with Shved either miles better option than Morgan tbh! Also think we need to address LB pronto reams will target us there like tonight

The Legend Of Lubo likes this.
  9. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Agree with this, if he is being hung out to dry and not being backed financially (as his previous comments of wanting players in suggest) then he should be saying so publicly and not protecting the board.

If he is indeed happy with the squad as they are as some of his other contradictory comments suggest then he must shoulder the blame. Stevie Wonder would be able to see we need strengthened.

10. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    He appointed Lennon so yes it is his fault.

11. James Gold Member Gold Member

I stopped reading at I'm a good poster

I'm just looking at tonight's game on it's own merit. Had we maybe brought on Bitton/Jullien at 2-1 and shut up shop and gone through this thread would be dead (If your auntie had baws... I know). The major areas needing investment this summer was CB, LB and RB. we've spent 10/11 million on 2 players who the manager didn't trust to play tonight none of those reasons are the boards fault. I genuinely believe had Hayes gone in at LB and Mcgregor in the middle we would've strolled that tonight. We all see Mcgregors horror show at Ipox so I'm at a loss as to why any manager would throw him in there in our biggest game of the season.

The squad had more than enough to get past Cluj and we should have but the managers poor tactics and team selection shafted us.

12. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Already highlighted my concerns earlier in the window, mate.. got shot down as a panty wetter.
    :39:

I give up.

13. James Gold Member Gold Member

The board shafted us at Hampden appointing Lennon
    Lennon shafted us tonight through his tactics and team choice

That is essentially my point

freitassen likes this.
  14. James Gold Member Gold Member

I agree but that wasn't Lawwells choice to put him there and have a 3 million LB and Hayes on the bench

15. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

That’s fair.

James likes this.
  16. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    It really is history repeating itself with this board. How many times do we need to * up CL qualifying because of lack of investment before they are classified insane?

17. 88jimmij88

Fav Celtic Player:
    KT
    Fav Celtic Song:
    But he appointment Lennon. Apparently without even talking to some other quality candidates.

18. SCOTTYBHOY_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand Old Team To Play For
    Our club needs a complete overhaul from top to bottom our scouting system was ripped apart when the rat left! Never got addressed properly. We needed a RB and LB for at least 2 seasons ended up with Izzy back ffs great scouting that was. We’ve got Ralston as back up to Elhamed says everything you need to know.

Sooner we get proper structures in place the better * the hotel we need to sort out other more important things in the club

19. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    That’s what it comes down to really. The margins in these games are so small.

Lennon * up tonight, but these results are really a symptom of chronic mismanagement from the very top. Why on earth we believe we’re remotely good enough to wing it at this level I have no idea.

20. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    upload_2019-8-13_23-30-35.jpeg Up yeez ya Fannies !! Kieron money banked an ma bonus is secured !!!