1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Peter Lawwell

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by eddiebhoy0109, Jan 13, 2015.

Discuss Peter Lawwell in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. murphy88

Aye, I understand what you are saying, and I agree. Which is why I think his bonus was nothing short of a disgrace. It's not that I hold it against him, because his bonus isn't up to him, but it still infuriates me the fact he received a bonus that almost matched his basic salary, considering we regressed as a team.

Aye, he is that mate.

2. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Aye we would all be happier with a jim murphy liebour type supporter :86:

3. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Aye because it's an option between the two:icon_mrgreen:

I absolutely despised the man by the way but John Reid was * magnificent for the club and that fact annoys me as well.

4. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    This * should not be on more than what our "top" players are on,at the end of the day fans pay to see the team on the park not some * balance sheet,and has he maybe thought that if he offered players the sort of wages and bonus he commands we might get back to being a very good side,but I suppose those tyres aren't going to heat themselves are they Peter ya * :rolleyes:

5. murphy88

If you take his salary from last year, including his bonus, he made £999,496. That works out at over 19k p/w. That would be one of our highest earning player wages. In fact, I think Brown would have been the only player on more. I wonder how many clubs in World football have a CEO that would be their second highest earning player, only second to the club captain.

6. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    My point exactly maybe he should pull the boots on

7. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    I know its not a choice between the two of them thats why I said "type".
    Yep Reid was very good for the Club and I wish he was still .. gulp ,I better not say it or I will be accused of being all sorts of nasty things :smiley-laughing002:

8. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Not a fan of the guy. The team's getting worse instead of better.

9. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I was joking mate!

But on Reid. Aye, absolute * of a guy but I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy his honesty and appetite for a fight when he was chairman. It annoys me because the guy is scum though, complete scum. I'd like a John Reid minus the war crimes please :56:

10. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    He was well connected and was not afraid of the SFA. In fact i think they might have been feared of him. Regardless he part of the machine that destroyed a real labour party and illegally occupied another country. Not Celtic class.

11. Fanny Chmelar

PL does a great job and its funny as * reading the comments of his haters.

We dont spend they say lol GTFO ..our average spend is 10m a year no ?

Also lets not forget,we are dealing with an over bloated squad of duds that our last manager left us with before he jumped ship.

12. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    You have to be on the wind up. Well done mission accomplished i will bite. We are not spending what we are raking in in transfers. That money should be reinvested into the first team and then some. This is not happening. If you spend 10 million in a summer but take in 15 million, technically we are not spending.

Have some respect that over bloated squad of duds as you call them only lost 1 game last season. Granted Sammy and Ledley are massive losses but on paper we have not been weakened in GK. We have strengthened central defence and centre forward.

This is not the first time you have spread propaganda, i hope you are not conscious of this fact but are merely misinformed. I also think your lack of respect for Lennon to be despicable.

13. murphy88

Lennon did * away quite a bit last season on complete and utter dross. That cannot be argued against.

14. AJ Styles Moussa Dembele's eyes Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Always talks likes he's out of breath does PL, I don't really have a opinion on him tbh but if he doesn't back Ronny with the money made from the sale of VVD I will doubt him

15. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Which was re-couped by the sale of Forster alone, a Lenny signing.

When you shop in a cheap market you're going to get some duds. I reckon Van Dijk makes up for it but it's the danger you get in our market.

Funny thing is, last season is when he went for more established players. A guy who got 40 odd games for Ajax the previous season, playing in all there Champions League games scoring at the Bernabeu, a Finnish International playing for a top Bundesliga team.

Even Amido Balde had just helped drag his team to a Cup Final. Van Dijk was in the Dutch League team of the year...

And it was his worst season for signings. Weird that.

Saying that, Bitton looks good and Johansen is a star in the making.

16. murphy88

He hasn't backed him with the money made from Forster.

17. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    Yes his signings last year was money that wasn't spent wisley but given the choice Lennon would have kept Wilson, Hooper, and Wanyama.

VVD for Wilson was good business.

Bitton may turn good, maybe not Wanyama good but thats what happens when you sell a 20 million pound player and replace him with a 1 million prospect.

Pukki for hooper. Poor. It has to be noted that he was Lennons 3rd or 4th choice.

Derk is a good player but just has not done it in the hoops. Fair play to Neil he identified a position we could have strengthened and went for it. Again not 1st choice.

The key point still is though that Lennon spent less than what we took in and he has done that from day 1.

18. JamesM09

VVD was good business.
    Bitton - A £1million prospect replaced a £1million prospect.
    Pukki was at Schalke, Hooper was at Scunthorpe.
    Boerrigter should've done better.
    Ledley was sold, Johansen was signed.
    Griffiths was also signed as a replacement to Hooper in January.

The financial situation in Scotland is uncertain. The quality of opposition isn't there. The Champions League is far from guaranteed. We can't offer decent wages. It would be foolish to be spending £15m in the transfer window. Bear in mind a more expensive players demands even higher wages.

Edit: Also, folk are kidding themselves if they think Hooper, Wanyama & co. wanted to stay.

19. Lavelle88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    LOL!

20. Intellectually Absurd Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson (obvious choice ehh?)
    Used to like him - the man is an astute businessman and certainly it was always good to have him on our side.

Someone (think it was ILTC) said something interesting a while back. It is probably down to Peter that we get such a good deal with Nike (i.e. £6m a year), many other incompetants would struggle to get such a good deal. He probably has great connections aswell and I imagine he has a decent relationship with those in the SFA anf Uefa. However, if we fail to get a similar deal from Nike, then I would begin to question Lawwell's current tenure. I'm not being a petulant child and throwing the toys out of the pram but if he can't work any magic and get us decent deals anymore, then we may aswell just get a semi-decent CEO who takes half the pay or even a quarter of the pay. I mean Peter earns close to £1m a year, only Broony earns more - that is madness.

In saying that, Devlin is right he is just the face of Desmond's agenda. He does what he tells him to do. That said, Im sure we can find another competent CEO who will do the same, except for much less.

Peter is an arsepiece when it comes to fan relations aswell.