1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Peter Lawwell

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by eddiebhoy0109, Jan 13, 2015.

Discuss Peter Lawwell in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr. Slippyfist

If another Independence referendum were to end in the result that keeps Scotland in Britain, I'd be demanding that we be allowed to join the English Premiership.

In regards to some/most of the opinion coming from down south, yes I agree with you, but I'm pretty sure for example we would be looking down our noses at a team from the Scottish Championship. Whilst Celtic are a huge team with a worldwide fanbase and exceptional history/tradition, we play in an atrocious leauge and are extremely hampered by it. We are not wanted in this league and we are continually cheated against.

You better * believe if there was a chance of joining the EPL I'd be on it like a dug eatin' beetroot.

Rot in the SPL trying to get £2m for winning your league, or getting 10/20/30x more than that at a basic and being able to attract a far higher quality of player, playing in proper decent stadiums against higher calibre of players/teams? No brainer mate.

In regards to the "new wave" of support - I couldn't really give a * in all honesty who attends matches - even the tourists with the smartphones have as much right to be at games as the......as you put it. ..formerly passionate working class fans, of which I'm sure there are still many many of them who still attend.

Lilac Wine and made in ireland like this.
  2. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Fair enough I respect your opinion but I'm not convinced I'd continue following Celtic if they joined the EPL and turned into another bastardised, corporate, monster of a club down there.

We might sneer at the standard of Scottish Championship football but I have far more respect for those guys that follow their teams up and down the country, going to pishy grounds and having very little success than I do some guy that plugged into the hype of Leicester winning the league, tweeted his brains out that he was a big fan, then stopped going when they became a bit * again.

The money we get is scandalous in comparison but I still think we hold a lot more clout than people think. Instead of participating in the corporate sham of the Sky/BT takeover of football, football fans from outwith the top 4 countries should collectivise and instigate change. Ourselves, Ajax, Feyenoord, Benfica, Porto etc. etc. still hold huge passionate fan bases but we're being stiffed over with TV rights. Anything from refusing to buy TV packages all the way up to boycotting UEFA competitions could be considered.

They want to turn it into the same as the NFL, commercials at breaks in play (VAR), pop bands on before Finals and at half time. Stuff that would make the football fan of yesteryear's stomach churn.

I'm not saying the football tourists don't have a right to be there. They've paid for their ticket of course they do. But the only reason they've managed to do so, is because clubs have bumped ticket prices up to silly extents that's priced many out of the game they loved.

Celtic games are still a buzz because you can go along and experience the atmosphere, the songs, the passion. If we go along the same route then all those things would go on the slide. I can't understand how that would appeal to any Celtic fan to be honest but each to their own.

3. The Magnificent 7 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    A very good read Sean. Aye and the VAR thing has wrecked my, and probably thousands of other peoples’ wee football bets.
    I bet for fun, but the amount of bets that I’ve lost because of VAR decisions is ridiculous. The bookies are the winners with VAR......with my bets anyway!

I much prefer the human element deciding things, whether good or bad. VAR has made things too clinical, with players deemed to be millimetres offside and goals disallowed for this and other trivial things.

VAR will stifle aftermath debates on whether it was or wasn’t a penalty due to a hand ball, or a good or bad tackle in the box or whatever. I could go on and on......

In summary we should leave everything as is. We should still be able to crucify the cheating Masonic * that officiate our games. But we must always remember they can only affect a Celtic game that we don’t play well in, because we are streets ahead of any team in Scotland including them. We play well - we win simple as that.

We Are The Celtic Football Club.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
    Seán Mac D likes this.
  4. DamienCorkBhoy

Ok I take it back , sorry ha.
    I think I was in panic mode but a few posters on here have settled my nerves.
    Bring on the 10.

5. Martybhoy53

Just had a read on John James site regarding the 5 way agreement. Lawwell is a lying *.

6. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Why, what did he say?

7. ticketyboo0 Gold Member Gold Member

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  8. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
  9. ticketyboo0 Gold Member Gold Member

Lawwell will still be here as nothing will be done about this, even if it's proven without a doubt he lied at the AGM. He makes the shareholders money and that's what counts. We are a business not a football club.

Needs fan representation on the board.

10. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    QPR's scouts thought Van Dijk was too slow for the EPL. One of the most objective parts of his gan
    Whilst logically I can't disagre with any of thought, I can't help but feel thats us * over our history and achievements. Whether thats right or wro g, that's the gut feeling.

Lilac Wine and Seán Mac D like this.
  11. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Sorry but this is anything but small.

Seán Mac D likes this.
  12. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Dannybhoy81 likes this.
  13. ticketyboo0 Gold Member Gold Member

From what I have read it's Auldheid that has provided the email.

But a pinch of salt should be taken regarding the authenticity of it, until proven otherwise.

14. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I dont know who he is, just pointing out how easy it is to provide evidence like that

15. ticketyboo0 Gold Member Gold Member

He is one of the main res12 people.
    And yes I agree easy to mock one up, hence a pinch of salt being required.

I don't believe for a second tho that PL didn't see it. He is too good at his job not to have.

Liam Scales likes this.
  16. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Maybe, is that what affected the stock? We need to wait. If it's true what are the consequences? I still think we should chill because that was a while ago so what good did it do us?

17. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    If this is true it proves Lawwell and our board are involved in a rigged game, they will happily sit at the back of the bus and tag along as part of the so called ‘old firm’. Ask yourself even with all the evidence of the SFA granting that mob a UEFA license under dodgy circumstances, why won’t Lawwell do anything about it.

18. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Been waiting to hear that all my life, the context has dissapointed but

bagforlife and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  19. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Ask yourself? If i said that to you you would question it. Why are folk talking like rags like a kangaroo court?

20. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Maybe try quoting my post, and have you missed the last few years AGM’s? This has been asked about and kicked along the road far too long. So no * is talking like the so called rags.

Lilac Wine likes this.