1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

PES 2018

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by AJ Styles, Jun 13, 2017.

Discuss PES 2018 in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    I'm tempted to give it a try. I rarely play single player but i used to love the master league in the old pes games. Used to spend hours on it with players like henry, zidane, ronaldinho, figo in my team.

Gyp Rosetti and Just Kieran like this.
  2. Vinnie BBQ Justice is lost Justice is raped Justice is gone.

Got it for 22,50 euro´s, so can´t really complain. I started a myClub save too and the first player I got was 41 year old Totti. :giggle1: (Thought he quit.):39:

3. TimFloyd Gold Member

Link to the preloaded ones? My laptop is * so cant download them myself.

4. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    A just bought a USB off them mate.

TimFloyd likes this.
  5. TimFloyd Gold Member

Seriously what's up with the defending online? Feel like people just ghost past my defence.

6. TimFloyd Gold Member

This game is * online, everyone's tactic is go Real Madrid and play long balls through the middle to Ronaldo

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  7. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

I made the switch back to Pro Evo this year and I'm really enjoying it.

I enjoy the gameplay more than anything FIFA served up in recent years. The dribbling feels responsive and intuitive where FIFA's always felt clunky to me. The passing and movement feels crisp and fluid when you get it right. Some of the goals - even some of the little passages of play - are really aesthetically pleasing. My one gripe about the gameplay is the keepers, they're still pretty poor.

The problem is, and always has been, licenses. The edit mode is great and allows you to correct so many of the issues. The editing great, but I feel they could give you even more options.

They need to work on the whole presentation side of their game. Licenses aside, FIFA are streets ahead in terms of the atmosphere, the commentary and just the general feel of the games.
    The commentary in Pro Evo is boring, outdated and repetitive. I also feel they could do more with the atmospheres inside grounds. There's no reason they can't add more variety, more noise and more colour.
    If I had to play away at Galatasaray in the Champions League, I'd want it to be noisier and more hostile. I'd want to be booed and jeered when I have the ball, and I'd want the crowd to roar when the home side are coming forward. I'd want to see smoke and flares (sorry UEFA). You don't need licenses to create something like that.

Would it really cost that much to get proper licensing for some of the bigger clubs in smaller countries around the world, and do it properly? How many more copies would the game sell in Scotland if they had Celtic and Rangers in there, complete with some player faces, Celtic Park/Ibrox and recreated the atmosphere with club songs etc?

They've obviously done a lot of work on the gameplay in recent years to get back to where they were in the PS2 days, and their tagline is 'The Pitch is Ours', which is fine. But I feel like they could really push the game forward by focusing on some of the other aspects of the game.

Fully87 and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  8. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Picked this up on ebay for £21. Had a wee shot last night, couple of "quick match" online games. Got battered 6-0 in the first game, guy was ridiculous. Every goal a chip as well, I dont know if it was an exploit or he was just excellent at perfecting the power and that. He actually chipped me at one point and it hit the post and came back to him - so a 1-2 aff the post with a chip. The keeper was useless, I hadn't ran him out and it was still happening. Seemed everytime I tackled the ball would end up back at his feet. I need to practice the shooting because I had three 1 on1's and blew them.
    The next game I won 3-2 but was distracted with the Scotland game.

I was looking into the option file thing and it looks a right pain in the *. Does anyone know the best place to get it?
    Can I use multiple different OF's? I want Celtic in the game but the PESUNIVERSE guys don't have them in their OF.

9. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Celtic master on you tube has Celtic.

Need Winzip on your pc though to extract files.

Pes universe for me is best I got the usb off them and Added the Celtic master file to it once extracted and bang was perfect once on PS4 took about 20 minutes to do everything pes universe have a tutorial on it on YouTube

10. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Thanks mate, thats the wee French guy isn't it? So you can add different OF on top of each other then, thats good.
    How will the OF teams work if you play online? Does it revert to the default no-name teams?

11. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Aye the wee french dude think he is doing a full SPFL premiership eventually.

yeah cant take it online mate only for inhouse gaming only unless i am doing something daft....

Artorias likes this.
  12. TimFloyd Gold Member

Sold this on eBay... kinda of regret doing so as I never really gave single player a bash lol

Using the money to put towards Gran turismo anyway.

13. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    That happ3ned to me tae. I put it down to i need more time to adjust.

TimFloyd likes this.
  14. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

Played FIFA over the weekend, and I'm totally content that I've made the right choice.

FIFA felt clunky and blocky and more about hustle and bustle, while Pro Evo feels more nimble and technical, to me.

15. Bhoyo87

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh Griffiths
    Fav Celtic Song:
    A soldiers song
    Is this year's Pes worth getting , kind of regretted on buying this year's fifa but maybe only haven't got into it yet and haven't played pes in years

16. Darnok

It is much better than FIFA whilst playing the match, but, honestly, even with the option file, it is * everywhere else. If you could have FIFA but with the PES gameplay, you'd have the perfect football simulation.

17. Bhoyo87

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh Griffiths
    Fav Celtic Song:
    A soldiers song
    Mate of mine actually admitted to me last night reason why he's not buying this year's fifa, said its becoming too competitive when playing it online , that's half the fun right ? :56:

18. TimFloyd Gold Member

I'm usually one of PES biggest defenders but this year I feel Fifa is better by a great deal.

Fifa is a lot more slow paced this year and defending a bit more tactical plus there is a wealth of game modes.

The licences have never bothered me but the commentary and "atmosphere" at games is beyond a joke and it does feel like you are getting the commentary from a completely different game you are playing.

19. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    The commentary is abysmally bad.
    Was playing someone today on myclub (fake FUT) guy had a far superior team. I had a joke team with Usain Bolt on the left wing. He went one up and was actually playing a long the back and *. Could barely get the ball when he was close cos better players are stronger players and hold you off. Managed to break away and draw level with a solo run. Then about 9 in game minutes from the end I got the second celebrated it almost as vigorously as a 'tic goal. Was so satisfying. I will need to stop playing that * though. Cannot stand that pay to win *. The FUT was such a class idea but it's been made more and more about money (like a lot of games) it's depressing like that garbage Destiny franchise.

20. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Why the * am I just playing this, found it when looking out my games actually forgot I had bought it. I really like it and you can actually * defend on it.

Artorias likes this.