1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Patience is a Virtue

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Liam Scales, Aug 13, 2013.

Discuss Patience is a Virtue in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. murphy88

Hull sold him to Wolves for £2.5million. And his contract was eventually terminated by Wolves by mutual consent as he barely featured due to a string of injuries.

2. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

People want more, and more and more, I think a central midfielder and a striker and that's all we need, even then we have options like Kayal, Rogic, Brown, Ledley, McGeoch, Commons, Boerrigter, Forrest and Mulgrew (reluctantly) in midfield. Stokes, Balde, Watt and Sammy up front. Probably an extra midfielder and a goal scorer would help, but there's no need to panic about it.

The second we get one signing, we all of a sudden need another one straight after, I'm hearing nonsense about how we need another centre back, we've signed two already. Calm down ffs. 4 players in and people are acting like we've signed absolutely no one. 4 players who look quite good in my opinion and more than capable of playing at this level and performing well for us.

3. The67Sound

Plenty time left. Better to get the right players rather than just the ones who are quickly available.

4. JasonMcG1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    kieran tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Naw that was a seperate question kind of . I know we have got 4 in but there is question marks over them all for me . That is why i wanted to see others in a goal scorer and a solid midfielder i would have liked

5. H67

Fav Celtic Player:
    All Who Wear The Hoops.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    Patience is a Virtue

Aye, but when are the board taking the *?

6. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    When the transfer window is shut and we have nobody else in.

7. wulliebad

When we are failing to win anything and getting bumped out of CL or EU to often.

8. TheHolyGoalie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    :Bangura: :Bangura: :Bangura: :Bangura: :Bangura: :Bangura: :Bangura: :Bangura: :Bangura: :Bangura: :Bangura: :Bangura: :Bangura: :Bangura:

9. Armagh-Bhoy

* me, the first sensible thread on this part of the forum in weeks.

10. H67

Fav Celtic Player:
    All Who Wear The Hoops.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    So some folk dont mind the board gambling that we might get into the champ lge, aye very good sounds like that the way to progress, on a wing and a prayer.

11. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    And how is it 'a gamble'? Or do you know a way to 100% guarentee a way we get through...?

12. H67

Fav Celtic Player:
    All Who Wear The Hoops.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    Get players in the door that we need, thats how to give yerself the best chance. The board are all talk no action.

13. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    And we have had players through the door and we have a team capable of winning.

To have the best long term shot, we get the best players in that we can, not just the ones available whilst we don't have Europe secured.

14. H67

Fav Celtic Player:
    All Who Wear The Hoops.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    aye ok, you hink that way if you want.

15. pod

Its a gamble because we have let some of our best players go and not adequately replaced them. Wilson was our best CH and we needed a partner for him if he stayed. Now that he's gone the partner who we brought in, who's injured, will be expected to become our first choice immediately with no one to "nurse" him into things. It also means that Ambrose will be a certainty at CB, which in itself is a scary thought.

We also lost Wanyama who was one of our best CM and have not replaced, or looked to, replace him so far.

Our main goalscorer has also went and if you're honest you will accept that we are far weaker in that department. That has been shown in our games against any half decent opposition in Elfsborg where we scored once in 180 minutes and didn't really look like getting many more. Even before Hooper left we all knew, including Lenny, that we needed a striker. The one he has brought in has not been given any competitive football, even against Cliftonville.

Derk has been bought as his position is one that Lenny has identified as one we needed strengthening in for at least the last year. He is not a replacement for anyone.

There is no doubt at all that we are a fair bit weaker than we were last year and given the money we have made from last season and sales and that we are in the most important stage of our season, its not the best position to be in. Its also self inflicted and on paper at least, we have go lucky with the CL draw. Although there is never a certainty in football we have made this tie closer than theoretically it should be. The reason teams buy players is to give them a better chance and we have not done that as much as we could and should have.

16. slowburner

I'm sure if players were available, for the right price we would be bringing them in. I would hate to think we are panic buying for a tie against Shakhter Karagandy, quality is needed to enhance this team no doubt about it but I don't want us going about like the teams in the EPL, Downing 20 odd mil, pish, Carroll 35m pish, QPR last season spent big buying 'proven players' couldn't even stay up.

We have a squad that is better than Karagandy, if we fail to get through then that's down to the players and or Lenny. We don't have a squad IMO that is competitive for the CL if by the end of the window, we haven't strengthened like the OP states them we can start hounding Lawell.

Remember Gravesen, Ljungberg, Juninho and Miku were 'proven', I'm keeping faith in what we are doing, I've no reason until the window closes to think otherwise.

17. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Personally feel a replacement should have been sounded out for end of th season. But we don't know how many bids we've had knocked back, or how many players we've tried to sign.
    So at the moment I'm sure well sign somebody. But at the same time wish it were done sooner:

18. H67

Fav Celtic Player:
    All Who Wear The Hoops.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    Agreed, we are a weaker team, thats why the board are gambling big time.

19. H67

Fav Celtic Player:
    All Who Wear The Hoops.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    Yes we should be better than Karagandy, but for me its better if you get 2 or 3 bits of quality in just incase.

20. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    We don't need any extra players for the play off round, we will win the comfortably. What will happen, like I have said previously, and like happened last season - is players and agents across Europe are waiting to see if we guarantee the CL. When we do, there will be a mad 48 hour rush where we sign a couple folk and all will be well in the world.