1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Patience is a Virtue

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Liam Scales, Aug 13, 2013.

Discuss Patience is a Virtue in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    This.

I would add that Stokes is more than good enough for teams like Shakhtyor Karagandy, so blaming the board for Tuesday doesn't make sense IMO. In other words, Tuesday changes nothing for me: patience is still a virtue. I'm glad we don't rush these things. Rash decisions are often wrong decisions.

On a related note, I don't think Stokes s good enough for the CL, I'm quite open about that; but his domestic form has been such that I really feel he deserves his chance to prove the doubters like me wrong. We know he is OK at EL level, maye he'll prove us wrong at CL level. At any rate, it's only fair that he get his chance.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2013
  2. AD1967

Fav Celtic Song:
    love a good walk on
    Agreed. The board can't be blamed for the other night, that's down to NL and the players.

Also agree entirely with the Stokes comments. I don't think he is good enough to be relied upon in the CL. But in situations where we are crying out for a striker, e.g. Tuesday, he should be given his chance.

3. ede

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Stokes may not be the good enough for the CL, but he is the only proven striker we had available. He should have started this week and he'd better start next week. Also this is just a qualifier against a team who is no much better than the dross from the SPFL, if Stokes is good enough domestically then he is good enough against Shaktar Karagandy.

And to think that St Patrick's Athletic did better than us (lost 2-1 in Kazakhstan) only a couple years ago is shocking.

4. Dip 'n' Swerve

Peter Odemwingie - he could be worth a punt.. cheeky 1.5 mill?

5. Woody

I wiuld love to know why balde hasn't been giving much game time, that's worrying.

6. Dip 'n' Swerve

same reason as Miku i believe!

dyslexic scout was meant go for Michu came back with him!!

7. Woody

:smiley-laughing002:

8. Mr. Slippyfist

Without question :50:

9. Lecs

I remember back in early June I said I was dissapointed at the way we've conducted our business in the transfer department and got shot down for it on here. Now were on to August 23rd and it's been quite a shoddy window if we're being honest.

It's probably been said before, but we all knew Hooper was offski in January, when the numerous contracts got rejected. Lennon and Park should have really had about 10 capable, realistic targets with the intention of getting one come * or high water.

I would've brought him in before Hooper left. * it, Hooper was a dead cert to leave, and that way we would've already replaced him, and given the new guy a full pre season to gell in to the squad. We've let our 3 best players leave, and not really replaced any of them. We've dicked about so much with this whole goal scorer/replacement for Hooper, I'm just * off with it all.