1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

one season wonders

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by charliebhoy, Jul 17, 2004.

Discuss one season wonders in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. charliebhoy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    may be its just me but it looks like every player that is to about to retire has looked at celtic and said maybe i could use them for one last chance at the big time.
    It seems because we play in a so called mickey mouse league that it would be a walk in the park for them even at their age and still be able to play in the big european games we are involved in.
    maybe it would be great for us to have a season with alot of massive names connected with the club but where do we go after that? what do we do when all of the so called big guns walk out at the end of the 04/05 season and leave us in the lurch.
    i think MON has been very wise in the transfer market again this year by not letting himselfbe swayed by these players agents.

2. BTG

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady, Maloney, Browny
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I actually think having a few big name one season wonders could be good for the club, i'm sure it would raise our profile if we did have the likes of Rivaldo, Amoroso and Desailly playing for us. Could also prove a good move in financial terms for marketing products. It may also attract other younger players to come and play for the hoops. We have a lot of young potential at Celtic park so it wouldn't be too much of a problem when these big players leave after a season.

3. charliebhoy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    good point well made

4. Dubsbhoy Banned!

don't matter we can be linked with all the big names in the world not one of them has signed for us and most of them seemed to be just gossip.

Rivaldo
    Amoruso
    Hasselbank
    Heinz
    Juninho
    Basturk
    Novo
    and the whole barcelona squad.

5. Mark

I read that O'Neill is tying up two players behind the scenes and that they will be signed up during the week. Of course we've heard a lot of urine in the last few weeks!