1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Olivier Ntcham

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Norm Peterson, Jul 12, 2017.

Discuss Olivier Ntcham in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

How do you instil a better attitude and work ethic in him though?

That's under 2 different managers now. We've tried dropping him for a period - didn't work. Playing him alongside different CMs other than Brown - didn't work.

His talent is not in doubt but he's useless to us if he can't be arsed putting in an effort.

The fact our 2 best patches of form (Nov - Early December) and (Jan - March) have came when he's been out the side is no coincidence. We can't afford passengers if we want to kick on next season.

2. apevrak

He opened the season in a decent way, scoring three assisting one in his first seven league games before he got injured the first time. He struggled to get back in form after the first injury and the knee injury didn't make it easier for him. Hardly a reason to jump on his back given his injury problems this season.

3. clonbhoy

His attitude has always been questionable. It is no surprise he has so many horror showings in Paisley. He just doesn't fancy it in places like that. That is not the mindset we need at the club. Look at the difference in his attitude and Christie's when he came on? I could accept if it was a bad game, but it is the good games that stand out. I would be surprised if anybody would want him to pay decent money, but he should be moved on in the summer

4. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    The boy is just back in the team, almost undoubtedly not match fit yet, he’s arguably our best player when on form, destroyed rangers in the first game this year. Give him a break.

Liam Scales likes this.
  5. CountyDownFaithful

This.

For all of Ntcham's talent, I'd rather have someone with slightly less talent who is committed to the club and will give their all on the pitch.

6. John Bhoy79 What chance have you got against a tie and a crest

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson,Jinky,McGrory,Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Never kicked a ball since Dembele left the club pretty much. If Porto still want him i'd deal. Actually i'd ask them to swap him for Juan Quintero who's a Porto player(currently on loan at River Plate) but one they don't want for some reason(he's class, absolute wand of a left foot) and who is looking to play in the English league so we could offer him the chance to show the English clubs what he can do as with Virgil and big Victor.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
  7. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Christie is the perfect example. Ntcham's potential is levels above Christie: physicality, touch, technique, the lot basically.

Would any Celtic fan have Ntcham in the team ahead of Christie? Other than the nutjobs, naw. Christie's contribution to us this season shites all over Ntcham and that's because of one reason only, application.

8. celtic warrior

Reminds me of Ambrose, started off his career here so cool and calm, ends up being mistake prone and bambi on ice.

9. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Just doesn't look like he wants to be here. * knows what he is doing in training to merit a start.

Needs to sort his attitude out.

10. Morcombe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo, Jota, Abada, Taylor, McGregor, the whole team!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing, This Land is Your land, Over & Over, Green, White & Gold, Hampden in the Sun, E
    the man hasnt played a good game since we gubbed the huns 1-0 at the start of the season, he's just hasn't looked interested at all this season. he's got 7, hopefully 8 games to get that attitude changed or we should sell in the summer.

11. john2061

naw just get the taxi ready at the end of the season and been pish nearly all season .

12. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

He will be lucky to start any of them with Christie back.

13. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    He did have a good game on Sunday

Bobo_ and freederry20 like this.
  14. TeazyWeazy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hamden In The Sun
    He tends to play well when he makes an effort.

15. Cupid Stunt

One of a few I wouldn't be gutted about losing in the summer.

In fact, if Porto give us anything like what was reported in the summer I'd bite their hand off.

Morcombe likes this.
  16. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Inshallah

17. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Can be said about every sports man in the world surely?

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

18. TeazyWeazy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hamden In The Sun
    But the great footballers don't just make an effort in the big games and not bother their arses against "lesser" teams.

19. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

He’s done well since he’s come back in, missing the pen was nothing to do with attitude, albeit it was obvious he was going to put it to the keepers right.

Just back from injury, attitude has been patchy in his Celtic career, not seen any evidence of that in the last two games tho.

20. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

He's had 1 decent half from 4. He started well last weekend then completely faded in the 2nd half, somewhat understandable given it was his first start in 3 months. But against St Mirren he was atrocious there's no dressing it up mate. From the amount of times he lost the ball trying to intricate flicks & tricks, to awful passing, to being out of position when we lost possession on a few occasions.

He should be * all over that St Mirren midfield given the talent he has. That's the 2nd terrible performance he's turned in there.

For me it's unquestionably about his attitude. The contrast between his performance and Christie's shows that. Both returning from long lay-offs, 1 swaggering about contributing nothing positive, the other scores a goal, unlucky not to score another and was chasing down opposition like a man possessed. The same contrast was there for all to see at the Hearts League Cup semi final.

Morcombe and PEI#1 like this.