1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Odsonne Edouard

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by CelticKurd, Aug 31, 2017.

Discuss Odsonne Edouard in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    It's quite frankly embarrassing how many on here thought Morelos was/is the best striker in Scotland..

Mate I'm the exact same. Seen how good he was but I made no secret of how he used to drive me mental with his lack of oomph on the pitch. Fingers tucked in his jersey jogging off the ball..

It's there and then some since pre season though. You haven't and won't see me criticising Edouard when he's putting in the shifts he has been..

Said this to my brother earlier but I actually have preferred watching how he's played like this without scoring as much. Proper grafting and more of a team player..

When Ntcham has been huffy, I haven't had that worry with Edouard by the way. You can see he get's involved and enjoys it much more than he has..

With how we're looking to play this season. More direct, less side to side recycling possession and more support forward from midfield.....it'll suit him massively..

Hammy89, Gully Sands and Liam Scales like this.
  2. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Aye, only thing he's really missing. Missed a sitter from Bolingoli's cross.

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

4. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Aye, Lenny will help there. Brendan was a lot more cultured a manager, as a player, Eddy has all that talent and ‘culture’. What he needs is hard work, aggression and to learn how to be ‘cute’ on the pitch. Show for the ball, not hide...

Can see visibly that’s what he’s working on. It’s not a coincidence how much room Ryan Christie has been getting, big mans occupying whole defences.

Random Review and Ziggy like this.
  5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boli put some beautiful deliveries in yesterday man..

Edouard was lucky he got a corner from that header as I'm sure he was putting it wide..

6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Totally agree..

A big gripe of mine under the snake was how isolated he was at time's. Was asking far too much of him in hindsight..

Our attacking intent is there for all to see. We've got a group of player's that look like they have excellent/almost telepathic understandings. Mikey, Christie and Edouard in particular plus McGregor and Forrest are all showing it..

Massive difference in my opinion..

Tommy25 and Liam Scales like this.
  7. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Under the Snake if we had no Rogic we had no way to move the ball from midfield up top. Right now, we have Broony, Bitton, Ajer, Callum and Christie breaking the lines and passing beyond the opposition midfield. The play between Mikey, Christie and Eddy’s a massive part of that.

As is Boli’s unselfish running, * always on the move even if he knows there’s no chance he’s getting the ball.

Must be * knackered as a winger tracking him all match.

8. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    I think he needs to be more ruthless and direct in his play if he is to take his game to the next level.
    I dont think he will ever be the best in the air but Henry wasnt either.
    Has undoubted talent and ability and can create and score.

9. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    If big Ed arrived at Celtic as the complete package he wouldn’t have been here. The lad is improving and learning all the time and a joy to watch. Absolutely immense on his good days.

10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Yep..

We were stale for a period and very predictable..

What we've added is energy and pace in to this side..

Boli and Elhamed on the other side already have shown what they are capable of in an attacking Celtic side. Mikey coming in adds loads to it as well as no fear. Christie being more mobile than Rogic. We'll also add more to it and we have some decent depth as it is now..

I'm seriously optimistic. I'm sure most are after yesterday..

Tommy25 likes this.
  11. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Aye, add in Rogic and Shved, one we know can be a superstar and one who looks that they can be. Two extremely different options than those in their positions... Griff as well, we’ve got * options man!

I’ve been buzzing since Lenny was announced, I * love his style of football. Hope after yesterday * start getting on board man.

Random Review and marti~bhoy like this.
  12. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Bayo I'm still hopeful about and there's no doubt we'll still add a couple of big player's in to this side before the window shuts..

I didn't want Lenny in Dev but I've been on board from what I've seen of our tempo and pressing pre season. Yesterday was perfect. Not only did it let *'s know we mean business and create a fear factor on day one....but also our own fan's who weren't sure are now buzzing for the season..

Yesterday was massive on a lot of fronts. Get's everyone pulling together and we know how powerful that can be for Celtic..

13. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Aye, Bayo looks another different option and if he’s as good in the air as YouTube makes him look I think Boli’s going to love him.

Aye, yesterday was just a wee reminder to ignore the noise, which is mostly originating from the media. Still plenty of work to put in but I’ve not been this excited about Celtic since Rodgers first season.

Random Review likes this.
  14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Bayo scores at least one of those crosses yesterday..

Loads more to do but it just hammered home literally that we started last season pretty flat against Livi despite winning and had our worst start in decades was it? Particularly away from home..

That won't happen again. No manager and ceo murders. No player and management murders. No player's refusing to play or travel for our game's. Even disgruntled player's like Ntcham are bursting a gut just now..

We've shown we have plenty to look forward too and should smash this league..

Jullien
    Shved
    Bayo
    Rogic
    Arzani
    KT

All possibly coming back. Elhamed straight in. Boli no long in. Mikey only getting better. Christie getting better and even more confident. Ajer getting better. Edouard getting better. Forrest to really start his season. McGregor oozing class..

Likes of Henderson and wee Dembele to come in..

Loads of deadwood out. We forget just how strong we are with everyone fit..

Roll on bud..

Random Review, JML67 and Liam Scales like this.
  15. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Aye, Lenny got it in the neck for saying how happy he is with the squad. I thi k people underestimate us and Elhamed’s performance yesterday has soothed some fears.

Couple other new faces and the club will be * bouncing.

Random Review and McChiellini.. like this.
  16. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    From what I seen of Elhamed, albeit highlights....I was happy with..

Thought he'd be a centre half filling in at right back til someone else comes in. That might still be the case but if it isn't and he is a right back, he looks more than good enough..

Lustig was on the decline. A right back who was rapid. Had strength and aggression, was always gonna be an upgrade..

Still want another in by the way..

That and a goal scoring/creative mobile midfielder and we look set. If Christie got injured we as a team would miss him big time..

Could shut the window after that for me if KT did end up staying..

Liam Scales likes this.
  17. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Goal scoring and creative type, justbwait till our big handsome Aussie’s back mate.

Looks like we’ve done what he’s needed for a while, gave him proper medical and a rest. Expecting big things from him this year...

Random Review likes this.
  18. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    I haven't forgotten him but he isn't as energetic. Still want someone who can come in and get up and down both ways like Christie can..

Don't like the fact he's going for their international break by the way. Get married and get back. Also back on knee injections which isn't good to hear..

19. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The injections aren’t to play this time though, it’s the after effects of surgery.

20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Ah fair enough..

He owes us a big season trying to get back to full fitness as no doubt....he's a major player on song..

Liam Scales likes this.