1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Obese workers 'should start later'

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Gabriel, May 26, 2018.

Discuss Obese workers 'should start later' in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Make it 4hours earlier, 2 to get there and an extra 2 to make up the time they spend taking longer to do manual tasks.

Only way I'm getting behind workers being allowed less time in work, while being paid for it, based on weight issues, is if it is forced that they are spending that time in the * gym. Thus this becomes a health drive and actually reduce the obessity issue, rather than encouraging laziness.

Lilac Wine and cidermaster like this.
  2. smokie899

Fav Celtic Player:
    s.brown
    Reminds me of one of the mates on holiday last year. Never * up about his slimming world club and his diabetes.
    Out for a stroll he says his feet are sore because of ‘my diabetes’ and heads of to the pool at the hotel.
    30 mins later the boys are walking through the town and there he was sitting outside McDonalds tucking into a big ice cream after polishing of a Big Mac meal.
    He got dogs abuse. His excuse ‘it’s ma diabetes, ma blood sugars are low’. Pmsl
    Just no shame. And I was * sharing a room with the lump of lard he should be punished for snoring let alone get privileges in work.
    Claims to be 27st so I’d say at least 30.

Lilac Wine and StPauli1916 like this.
  3. Sween

Without thinking about it too much it feels like healthy ingredients are much cheaper than takaways. You could buy a weeks worth of salad for the price of a fish supper. You can buy bulk pasta and mush up some tomatoes a lot cheaper than buying a chinese takeaway or a big mac meal.

I eat too much rubbish but that is because I decide to. It is lazy but it is an active choice people make (same goes for drinking too much, smoking, etc).

4. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Or 12 donuts for £2 vs £1 for a broccoli.

Or 100 chicken nuggets for £2 from iceland packed with 0.001% chicken :56:

A massive fry up pack from aldi £2.

Cheap to home cook * vs home cook healthy.

packybhoy and Liam Scales like this.
  5. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    And keep these Lardy Arses way from Beefy Bakes:56:

Peej likes this.
  6. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    12 donuts for £2, superb. But no one is forcing these folk to then have 3 donuts a day and polish them off within half a week.

7. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Some couples share the lot in one sitting,and some of the unshamable Lardy Arses i have seen stuffing their faces on Public transport is unreal,just unreal,they really have no shame.When i was last on a train this fat lad eat a big Pastie,2 bags of crisps and a load of chocolate on a 45 minute journey,i did not know whether to admire him for sheer cheek,but no wonder he has Hippo like cheeks up and down:56:

Lilac Wine likes this.
  8. Velvet Bollok

Fav Celtic Player:
    KT
    Alot of fat * are doing thier best to lose weight and goodluck to them. Quite admirable.:50: but those whos * hangs off the side of thier mobility scooter, whilst they are shopping for donuts, i got no time for that carry on.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  9. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Great post,i think you spoke for all us cool Bhoys on here:50:

Lilac Wine and Velvet Bollok like this.
  10. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

I blame the schools.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  11. Nasser

I never understood fat people as i was always slim until i hit my 30's and i quickly became a fat * now i sympathize with fat *.

12. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Ffs, at what age does ugliness start?

13. faw cough Gold Member Gold Member

1 day for yourself

Spring Time likes this.
  14. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

I’ll set em up, you knock em out!!!

15. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Great post.

It's criminal that the sugar lobby is allowed to get away with this. As you said sugar is only a recent thing, honey was like a special treat only consumed now and again.
    But almost everything in supermarkets now contains sugar, but even worse is the * fructose version which is like the Meth of sugar. There's a documentary on YouTube and the guy explains how our bodies can't process fructose and it gets stored as fat. It's incredible how many things it is in, things that you would think are just natural and don't need additives.

Btw I didn't quite catch why the guy said obese people should start work after rush hour?

I think sugar and fructose should be Class A controlled drugs (it has similar effect to cocaine on our brains) because it's almost impossible to avoid so even people wanting to diet have to eat exclusively home made meals every day but as already said after a grewling day at work people don't have the time to cook a whole meal so they buy ready meals that purport to be healthy but without a doubt you'll find sugar in there.

Don't know if this has been posted but it's not the documentary I mentioned, it's a 10 minute clip about sugar consumption in the US.

It's a bit mental what the sugar representatives say, "sugar doesn't cause weight gain."

Clint Eastwood and Velvet Bollok like this.
  16. Nasser

Around 33 I would say you really start to age quickly and then it's just so easy to wack the weight on

Lilac Wine likes this.
  17. jamesfr

To give them more time to eat breakfast?

18. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Without thinking about it too much right enough. Tory boy.

The toss up for many isn’t bulk buy pasta and tomatoes or a Big Mac meal. It’s stick a couple quid on their electricity card or feed their kids some decent food. It’s bulk buy pasta and tinned tomatoes v cheap frozen bulk buy * like turkey drumsticks or chicken nuggets.

Food banks and their ever-increasing usage don’t exist for a buzz. Do they?

amnoabilly and Liam Scales like this.
  19. Fontaine Gold Member Gold Member

Again, surely as a consumer you need to take responsibility and pay attention to what you are eating. Again, no excuse for ignorance.

Also, making it Class A? That's what to do - ruin it for the.rest of us because a select few can't contain themselves.

Better education is required here going forward. I'm even talking about the basics such as cooking from scratch if people are that concerned about sugar intake.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  20. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Aye I guess it is a bit of a fascist decision but seriously, I agree people should be responsible for their diet but we can't ignore the issue of sugar being a dangerous ingredient and far too widely spread across all food and drink types.

Humans aren't used to consuming so much sugar and I think we have a responsibility to make manufactures use less harmful ingredients in their ready meals and also print on the front exactly how much of the daily allowance is included in a serving.

It's a bit like the smoking ban, folk said people should be responsible for their own health. It took ambiguous evidence of passive smoking to ban it in public places which I thought was great even though I smoked at the time. Whenever I went out I smoked far less because it's pure miserable standing in the pishing rain for 5 minutes, it kinda messes with your enjoyment.

So that led to me smoking less at home to and now I haven't smoked for a few years.

Sometimes we need a nanny state. Nicotine is one of the most addictive substances known.

Sugar has a similar effect on the brain as cocaine, that can't be a good thing. It means it's probably addictive too.

Something has to be done now to prevent a health service nightmare in the future when so many people are obese they need some form of treatment. It could overwhelm the system.

I mean when I was at school there were hardly any fat people, in fact they used to get slagged rotten which is a pure shame but kids are evil.

They say today nearly half of kids are overweight at school. It has to be a combination of sugars and sedentary lifestyle. I grew up before mobile phones and the internet and games consoles so every day we played football at school and at night we went outside to meet our mates and either play more football or 2 man hunt or something that involved running about mental. Chapping all the doors in a close was another one which was quite funny as the folk at the top had to run like * down the stairs.

My nephew is into so many different sports he's giant but as thin as a rake and he eats like a horse. I mean as much as a horse would, not munching grass. But you are right, his parents have always made sure his diet was very healthy and he didn't get sugary drinks growing up. The thing is none of this bothered him because he wasn't exposed to sugar in the first place to be upset about it being restricted. That is obviously the best way to avoid your kids getting fat, is to make sure they eat healthily and don't crave sugar. Sugar probably tastes minging if you didn't get it as a kid and tried it as an *, it's soooo sweet.

But I need to keep posts small so I'll just say I agree, maybe a total ban Class A style is a bit extreme but we can't rely on everyone suddenly becoming a responsible parent and giving up sugar themselves because you would have to all do it.

So there has to be a massive cut in the amount of sugar in food produce. People will miss it a bit at first but like smoking, it'll end up being a good thing for most people.

Lots more exercise at school as well. I mean you can study much better if you're physically healthy so they could cut other classes for gym because they'll learn quicker in the long run.

Are you really suggesting we should do nothing about it apart from try to educate people? We tried that with smoking and it didn't work.