1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Norwegian here wondering about Stefan Johansens first year

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by kandre, May 10, 2014.

Discuss Norwegian here wondering about Stefan Johansens first year in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I think he'll go on and become one of Lennon's best signings.

Runs constantly, is always available, doesn't mind the physical side of the game and when he has time on the ball can pick passes from anywhere on the park.

Couple of times yesterday he played absolutely inch perfect passes which created chances, which is something we have been lacking. I think/hope he will be a crucial player in Europe.

2. murphy88

He has made a very solid start to his career here. I don't think we have seen anywhere near the best of him yet either. So far, he looks a very good buy.

3. Green Socks

I find myself forgetting he's only just joined us. He seems like he's been playing here for years and as someone else said he just seems to fit in really well here.

Great player and can see him getting a lot better.

4. paulpaul17

Rogne at one point was a massive prospect, then he kind of left with a whisper.

I don't think he recovered from Jelavic dismantling him in the 2011 LC final.

5. Heisenberg

he seems like a brand new player to me tbh:50:

6. die_hard_bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields
    one of the top signings this season alogn with van dijk

7. Markybhoy

This guy has quite a good eye for a pass and if he gets into the box he's capable of putting the ball in the net. I'm still not totally sold on him but I'm quietly optimistic he's going to be a good player for us.

8. ronan1888

Agreed. He is impressive, but didn't have the sort of impact Wanyama had. I would say he is rather more like a Ledley. Which is good for me :50:

9. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    I see hin as a steady every game 7 out of 10 player, would like to see more creativity and controlling off a game mind u, since he was dubbed the norwegian modric at first?

10. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Modric isnt a very creative player himself, and barely ever scores either. So depends what people thought Modric was. Id say Modric was a hardworking player who keeps the ball well, which is basically the same as Johansen.

Not like he was called the Norwegian Xavi or Pirlo or that then people may have expected a more creative player with good long range passing and movement around the pitch.

11. JordanJinky07

I thought Stefan would have had a bigger impact on the team by now, however still a good consistent player and I do like him, just feel that with him and Brown playing their normal roles together that it's too defensive they both like to sit back and spray passes forward which I like the idea of but when two players do it, it creates a hole in the midfield when going forward! Still a decent player!