1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Norway will pay their male and female football teams the same

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Miles Platting, Oct 8, 2017.

Discuss Norway will pay their male and female football teams the same in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Aye but what if a woman was better than messi? Would she get a game on a mans team?

2. Big els

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently: Ajer. Historically: Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I wanna be Edouard
    Men's sport in general attracts a far bigger fan base, generates more sponsorship and imo is far more entertaining and enjoyable. That's not to say some sports women are better at and is more woman dominated, like beach volleyball for example!:smoke:

However, the fact of the matter remains that men are generally better than women at sport and as a punter, you usually want to watch the best. Some sports have tried to mix men with women: snooker and darts. Ok, not the most physical, but nevertheless, a high degree of skill is required. Dobramislova has done ok in the darts, but is nowhere near as good as the men. Women are allowed to compete with men in snooker but can't even get past the qualifiers, so what's the point.

I am in no way sayin women cant play, but it men are simply better so why should they get the same pay?

Although, as it's for your country, I can see the argument, but still, this equal pay * has gone a bit too far.

3. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    They should now pay the u16s, u18s the same wage also. They shouldn't want to be sen as ageist

The Greenman likes this.
  4. The Greenman King of kings

Laughable but not surprising given the direction the world seems to be going in.

5. faw cough Gold Member Gold Member

Nonsense.

6. Nasser

It doesn't bother me as long as they don't start shoving womens football down our throat I don't mind. It's * and anyone that say otherwise is lying their * of. The only women sports I can watch is tennis and mma but only at elite level, but football and boxing even at womens elite level is utter *.

7. Sween

It a is a nonsense. I feel it hard to care but it feels like you cannot avoid womens football given the amount of effort the bbc spend trying to force you to like it. It is garbage.

8. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    So long as it is payment generated from their own income. Batter in and pay what ever the * you want.

But if it's money that is generated from the men's game, then that ain't fair.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

9. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Are the men getting paid less than before? If not then I don't see an issue

10. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Thats good. Itll be a cracking we bonus for each family as i doubt many have rich footballer boyfriends.