1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Nir Bitton

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by ILoveTheCeltic, Aug 28, 2013.

Discuss Nir Bitton in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. James Gold Member Gold Member

As long as he never plays in the midfield again that suits me

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

3. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Fantastic bit of business

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

Tommy25 likes this.
  4. davidhannah

Great verasatile player. Always given us big performances. Got us through the champions league qualifiers at CB under Brendan. He's always reliable.

And ten times the Centre Half than Boyata ever was, when playing out position. Hail hail.

Tommy25 likes this.
  5. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Not his biggest fan, but he is good cover for CB and midfield. But only domestically. Played well yesterday.
    Maybe an indication that Lennon is getting what he wants.

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

7. Lewis Kerr

8. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Ye and if the interest from down south is there and he wants to play prem league football well then we will be well paid.

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

9. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

No,not quite,but his new contract makes sense and is well deserved.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NB: "I’m very happy. This has been negotiated for a while so I’m happy to put that behind me and now sign a new contract and commit my future to the club."

NB: "If you have the opportunity to stay at Celtic, you stay. It’s a massive club and one of the biggest in Europe. For me, it’s a big opportunity to keep winning trophies and titles. That’s my target.”

NB: "If you have the opportunity to stay at Celtic, you stay. It’s a massive club and one of the biggest in Europe. For me, it’s a big opportunity to keep winning trophies and titles. That’s my target.”

NB:I have a good relationship with the gaffer and we speak a lot. I’ll give everything for him. He’s trusted me my whole career and I want to pay him back.”

11. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Steady :giggle1:

Happy with this new contract. Versatile player who seems happy to be back up. Great option to have.

Happenin Bitton?

Still flummoxed as to where the second T in his name appeared from though?

12. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Whur is aw the fukin haters ?

Chuffed for him and us.:ynwacelti

13. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Well deserved and has slotted into the team when asked at crucial times, the game at that dump for the 2 nil victory he was immense.

14. AMc88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    And injured himself running into the boards instead of taking out a hun ballboy. :56:

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  15. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Was it lennon that signed him, aye?

Doesn't seem that long ago, but there it is.

Great to have him here longer, may not have become the midfielder we all hoped for at the time, but he certainly is versatile and can help out in a number of positions. Solid player and brilliant to have in the squad. The fact he is hungry to stay here for ten years of his career speaks volumes for how integrated he is and his focus is on trophies, not the money.

Tommy25 likes this.
  16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NIR Bitton has now been at Celtic for over six years, having signed from Israeli side, FC Ashdod, back in 2013 at the age of 21.

Having now put pen to paper on a new three-and-a-half-year deal with the club, it will take him up to a decade with the Hoops, and the Israeli internationalist is delighted to have committed his future to the Scottish champions.

Bitton, now 28, has made over 200 appearances for the club, scoring 11 goals, and having recovered from a serious injury that saw him miss almost a year of football, he’s delighted at the trust the club has placed in him, something’s he’s determined to repay on the pitch.

Speaking to Celtic TV, the player said: “It’s been an amazing six years but I just want to keep it going and make it an amazing 10 years, and hopefully I’ll do that.

“I don’t take it for granted, especially after what I’ve been through. It was a tough time for myself and my family with the injury, but I’m happy to put it behind me now.

“It’s a big statement for the club to give me a new contract and to show the trust they have in me, so I just want to show them on the pitch that I deserve a new contract and keep it going – keep winning trophies and keep winning games for Celtic, and make everyone happy.”

Already this season, Bitton has been able to enjoy more silverware success with the Hoops, helping Neil Lennon’s side lift the League Cup last weekend with a 1-0 victory over Rangers at Hampden.

Added to that has been the successful Europa League group-stage campaign, which saw the Hoops top their group and progress to the last 32 of the competition, where they will take on FC Copenhagen in February 2020.

The Israeli player is also delighted that Neil Lennon, the man who brought him to Paradise back in 2013, is once again in charge at the club, and he’s looking forward to the challenges ahead.

“It’s been a good week for us, winning the first trophy of the season and having the draw for the last 32,” he said. “We have big targets for this season – we want to win as many trophies as we can and to go as far as we possibly can in Europe, and hopefully we can do it.

“Neil and I have a good relationship. He brought me here from Israel as a young player. He’s trusted me throughout all my time here and I just want to repay that on the pitch and help him achieve what he wants to achieve.

When you play for such a big club, every game is an important one, but the big games are something that everyone looks forward to. Europe is something you always want to be part of, and to win the league is our bread and butter, so we’ll do everything we can to keep it going.”

17. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Good news for Celtic and well deserved for Biton who has looked good this season. A really good player for us to have in our squad given the massive load of games we face each season.

Tommy25 likes this.
  18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

19. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Great move for him, for the club and for us fans. He really has become such a great utility player. More to come hopefully fae him. :)

Tommy25 likes this.
  20. jimbobers Gold Member Gold Member

Good news , need some players in the squad who are versatile, johnny hayes is another

Random Review, Rydo1888* and Tommy25 like this.