1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Nir Bitton

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by ILoveTheCeltic, Aug 28, 2013.

Discuss Nir Bitton in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Pablo87 Gold Member Gold Member

Some of his passing yesterday was class. The ball over the top to Johnston was working all day.

Lilac Wine and Tommy25 like this.
  2. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Was almost caught out when they should have scored with a header in the 1st, his positioning was woeful and Ajer certainly let him know.

Range of passing is as asset from deep and hes a useful squad player, but he doesn't start when all fully fit.

Lilac Wine and Random Review like this.
  3. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

I agree, or at least doesn't start against a better standard of opponent than Saints or Kalju. Looked very comfortable in those games defensively but like you said I'd only start him at CB if Jullien/Ajer/Jozo aren't fit.

He can stroll it domestically against the majority though.

JC Anton likes this.
  4. murphy88

In games like yesterday when we aren't being asked to defend much at all then he is arguably our best option. With the ball he is better than any other centre half we have. In games when we are going to be asked questions defensively then it's a different story however.

Tommy25, Maestro 08 and FranceCelt like this.
  5. FranceCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - McGregor, Past - Lubo
    Totally agree with this. He could also be very useful to give Scott Brown a rest in midfield

Lilac Wine likes this.
  6. tarboltontim We have nothing to lose but our chains. Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Clark
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I thought he put in a good solid performance against StJ. His passing out of trouble and breaking up play is worth a mention.

Tommy25 likes this.
  7. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Superb performance yesterday. Granted St Johnstone were not up to much but still you have to play and Biton was excellent yesterday. I have said it many times he is a very good player to have in our squad given how many games we play over the course of the season even more so given he can play both center back and holding mid.

8. FranceCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - McGregor, Past - Lubo
    I'd like to see us resting Scott Brown sometimes and giving Bitton a shot in there

9. stew37

Think he's done really well this season so far. Not always been my favourite player but he's been fairly solid.

10. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    Aye hes a decent utility man in there at the back! Reliable cover for domestic ties anyway

Rydo1888* likes this.
  11. NorwichCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Rogic All time - Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Game was crying out for him at both 2-1 and 3-2 would’ve settled us down and kept the ball better , plus added height for the long balls they were playing

blizzard bhoy likes this.
  12. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I'm no his biggest fan but slowing the game down in the 6, with his height as mentioned....was exactly what was required and the logical call when we went ahead..

13. TheHappyLoss

He's done really well filling in for us so far this season

Rydo1888* and Keano88 like this.
  14. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Thought he was very good today.

Natural role sitting infront of the back 4 screening everything sprayed passes for fun!

Not always been his biggest fan but by * he is mr dependable!

If he was brought on at 2-1 or even 3-2 the other night I think we would have seen the game out tbh

Rydo1888* likes this.
  15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NIR Bitton has spoken exclusively to the official match programme for this Sunday’s Premiership match against Hearts at Celtic Park.

The Israeli internationalist is back to full fitness this season after missing much of the last campaign through injury, and he’s already shown his value to the squad in the early stages of the campaign, whether in a midfield role or in central defence.

You can read the full and exclusive interview with Nir Bitton in the official match programme, which is on sale at Sunday’s game, but here are a few of the highlights.

ON RETURNING TO ACTION
    ‘It’s good to be back on the pitch, it’s good to be playing games every week. My legs are feeling it now, but that keeps me going. It’s good to be back playing with the boys and I hope this continues. We know that if we do the things we’re supposed to, we’re a difficult team to play against. When you are recovering from a bad injury, you don’t think too much about the big games you might play in the future, your focus in fully on recovery and getting back on the pitch. Of course, your aim is always to play in the big games, the cup finals, the league deciders, but when you’re injured, you think about the less glamorous games too.’

FAVOURITE POSITION
    ‘I’m always of the view that if you’re a good player, you can adjust yourself to different positions. To play centre-back, that’s not strange for me anymore. I played centre-back for the Israel national team against some of the best strikers in the world, players like Robert Lewandowski, for example, and I felt good. It doesn’t matter which position I play and I’ll always give my best. It’s always good to be on the pitch, whether that’s central defence or centre-mid, I’m happy to play wherever I’m required. As long as I get the chance, I’ll always try to do my best for myself, for my family, for the manager, for the fans and for my team-mates.’

HELPING HATEM
    ‘He’s like my baby now, I’m like his Dad! I’ve been here for six years, and I’m trying to guide him, I’m trying to help him in all different ways. For him, it’s good to have someone familiar here. He’ll want to work hard, show his qualities and he’s managed to do that well up to this point. Hatem is a great player, and he’s showed that in the games he’s played so far. He’s got plenty of ability and I’m sure he’ll keep that up between as the season progresses.’

ON THE GAFFER
    ‘Perhaps he’s more relaxed this time around. The gaffer is the gaffer. What you see is what you get. He’s a big character. He’s someone that you would die for, and is someone that you’d always give 100 per cent for. He’s an honest man, and that’s one of the most important things for any football player. You just want the gaffer to be honest with you, and I really appreciate that about him.’

16. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Ooft was that a dig at a certain previous manager?

I'm still not a fan of him playing defence although I didn't know he'd played there for Israel. He's not terrible in that position, I just feel he's much better suited to midfield cause when he was brilliant for us it was his passing ability, either short or long that was beautiful to watch as he has great vision.

Wouldn't be against him getting games ahead of Ntcham if/when Broony is getting rested.

17. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    One of our good guys.

18. CountyDownFaithful

Think he'll be playing tomorrow, hopefully in the CDM role instead of Brown.

19. eastcorkbhoy

Always rated Nir. Having a very good season so far. I hope Brown gets rested tomorrow and he plays with Calmac. Very good player to have around and underrated.

Rydo1888*, The67Sound, eire4 and 4 others like this.
  20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member