1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Nir Bitton

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by ILoveTheCeltic, Aug 28, 2013.

Discuss Nir Bitton in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    At home with Jozo, aye. Away in Europe with Ajer? Eh * naw

2. James Gold Member Gold Member

That game last week his performance was blown massively out of proportion. Aye he was decent but that's where it ends. He was * vs Thistle the Friday before

Not good enough

3. donnegal celt

Time to move him on. Won't get a game in our midfield and defo won't get game in defence.
    Cash in on him

Bratfurdbhoy1 likes this.
  4. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    A 19 yr old and a makeshift CB aint gonna cut the mustard in Europe, hope Brendan heard the alarm bells that were ringing tonight.

Gyp Rosetti and Rendog like this.
  5. Dallas Cowbhoys

Not gonna scapegoat him for earlier but I'm not a fan at all and think he should be about our 6th choice CB or CM.

We'd be fools to not sell him for a decent fee.

6. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Not a fan of him, but credit where it is due he done alright coming in at the back so far. Till tonight.

I don't rate him too much and don't think him and Brown can play in the same midfield - both together equals a slow, side and backwards sort of game.

But he has done OK in a few games at the back when called upon. And as some will say, at home in the spl it's manageable.but it ain't the * answer to a long term question.

Erik, jozo, dedryk, Rivaldo and Kris are the defenders now. Lustig for drastic cover.
    Bitton I'm afraid to say is surplus now.

Should Erik move on, then we need to replace him with better. Bitton is not a replacement for even cover for that position.

Love the lad, generally, think he is a decent player but just not cut out for us. He is not *, just not good enough to cement a place for himself here. Time to move on for his own career sake.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

jpb likes this.
  7. TheHappyLoss

A shoe in for Saturday against St Johnstone :fear:

8. joemc

Exactly.

9. clonbhoy

That is it in a nutshell. He was awful tonight. I actually have some sympathy regarding positioning, it was his lack of effort and half hearted challenges that did me in. Get rid of him, and, if Erik goes too, then surely we can buy a decent centre-half to replace them both.

10. Bunk Moreland

It wasn't so much a lack of effort as a lack of positional awareness. It's fine putting him at CB against Kilmarnock with a fat * like Kris Boyd up front or in the home game against Astana where they barely got out their own half. When it comes to games we actually have some real defending to do it's pointless.

11. clonbhoy

Their fourth goal was nothing but half-heartedness, nothing else. I have some empathy with him for their third, but the fourth goal was a position a defensive midfielder regularly finds himself in and he shat it. He dangled a toe out and made it easy for the forward.
    The rest I agree with.

12. Markybhoy

Hopefully the people who were saying he's a decent option at centre back will now see sense. A shambolic performance from him today and hopefully his last in that position. If he plays centre back in any of our away group matches, we're getting horsed.

Sno'sLeftFoot likes this.
  13. Sparda

Fav Celtic Player:
    The King of Kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    Always thought he was below par for the team he has his matches but he's too inconsistent and that's not something we should be welcoming in a team with a consistency for winning matches.

14. LloydsGamble

Brendan worked with what he had with 3 CBs out for this one.

He was poor tonight obviously, but he's not a CB, he was trying to do a job for the team, I say fair play to him.

With Coatzee and Ajer as backup, we won't see Bitton there again, no point getting too worked up over it.

Let's reserve judgement on whether we have improved away for when we get Jozo and Boyata back playing together.

15. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Can't tackle, can't track a run, can't defend crossed balls, can't defend. It's that simple really.

RabS likes this.
  16. SeanBhoy7

Safe to say his CB project is well and truly over.
    Glad that he has been found out in the qualifier rather than the group stages.

Seán Mac D likes this.
  17. Sno'sLeftFoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Both him and Ajer had horror shows last night. The fact that they were beating us 4-1 at one point was unacceptable. We were the far better team over the 2 legs and it almost took the shine off that slightly.

Thankfully their defence was as shambolic if not worse.

18. DonnyCelt

I dont think there was ever a chance he would play CB in the group's but for the qualifiers he was more than capable. He was brilliant when he stepped in away at Rosenborg and then at home last week and did what he needed to do for the first 45 last night. I'm not a fan of bitton but he's played a big part in helping us qualify for the group stage this season

19. SeanBhoy7

Don't deny that he has helped us get to the group stages like every other player that has been involved.
    However teams in the champions league are at an elite level that would absolutely destroy us if he played.
    The way BR was talking I was getting worried that he was confident in playing him at that level.
    I'm just glad that his limitations have been shown in a game that we had a comfortable aggregate scoreline and not in a game in the top competition.

Markybhoy and ladbroke8 like this.
  20. DonnyCelt

Another 5 or 10 mins and we'd have drawn level or even won. Wouldn't say they had that bad a game. The whole team lost the plot for 20 mins not just them two