1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Nir Bitton

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by ILoveTheCeltic, Aug 28, 2013.

Discuss Nir Bitton in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Couldn't remember so had a look back through his Instagram there.

I take back what I said.

Sean Daleer likes this.
  2. cambridgebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I don't know, I don't the social media, there seemed to be quite a few photographs. It probably stems from my failure to understand the need for people to post every detail of their lives on instagram/twitter/facebook, it just seems at odds with is claim to avoid attention, in this day and age it might not be.

3. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

So you've went from "he plastered photos everywhere" to "I have no idea if he did or not".

Cambridge fair churn out the smart kids...

4. Mr. Slippyfist

So basically you opened your trap and made a claim based on something you knew nothing about?

Definitely the brains, you! :56::56::56:

5. cambridgebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    If he doesn't want attention he shouldn't go on social media, it is quite simple really, even for you.

6. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Unlike you who loves the attention, obviously.

7. Mr. Slippyfist

Deflecting away from your own moronic statement.

Carry one, champ.

8. cambridgebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    What? Is that Scotch?

Explain the first part too please, instead of trying to get cheap digs in because I * you off, it just shows your level.

9. Fiferbhoy1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    By that logic he probably shouldn't be a pro footballer either then? After all that's a job that has 60,000 people watch him at his work every week and hundreds of thousands more on tv.

10. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    This boy definitely gets more stick from certain sections of our support that other players wouldn't get due to his political beliefs, kind of sad.

Sonic Reducer likes this.
  11. cambridgebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    That is a facile argument.

The point I was making was that he said he did his talking on the pitch and didn't want the extra attention, it is in an interview about a page or two back, the next updates are several pictures he has posted of him getting a haircut.
    While it is hardly the worst example of footballer hypocrisy, it still is hypocrisy.

12. Mr. Slippyfist

I thought it was a pint you where heading off for, not a whisky?

I wouldn't have thought a fella of your supposed intelligence would have required an explanation, but I'll allow it: you made a claim, then admitted you hadn't a clue what you were talking about. Simple.

When exactly did YOU * me off? :43:

13. cambridgebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I have told you before that typing erroneously in capitals makes people assume you are thick, although in your case it just saves them time.

I sometimes like a whiskey with my pint, none of that whisky stuff either.

I made a claim and I stand by it. If you do not want attention don't be on social media. I have no problem with him wanting attention, being on social media or having whatever haircut he likes, but it is hypocritical to say he avoids attention. Can you grasp that?

You just type like you are * off, I apologise for assuming it was me, I know I * myself off.

14. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Posting about someone looking for attention, isn't to be confused with someone looking for attention while posting about it :86:

I have the correct 'context of authority' to say this as well. :83:

15. cambridgebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    But that is irrelevant, there is an argument to be made that every post on here is attention seeking at some level, I am aware of that and it isn't the issue at hand.

16. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

There was a few photographs yes, but he never posted them. They were posted by the person who styled his hair to show off their work.

If someone posted photos of you all over Twitter, Facebook etc that doesn't make you a attention seeker. You're talking pish.

17. cambridgebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    So none of those pictures are from his accounts? If so then I am talking 'pish'.

18. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

One picture is. The rest, no.

19. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

He's a hypocrite because he got a haircut? * me.

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

SOME Celtic fans could be forgiven for wondering who was the new blond-haired player in the heart of the midfield on Saturday as the team lined up to take on Motherwell. Of course, the eagle-eyed would have still recognised the player as Nir Bitton, now sporting a new hair colour, but retaining an identifiable style of play.

The Israeli internationalist has been an ever-present in the Celtic team since the competitive action resumed towards the end of January, and he helped the Hoops to another three points on Saturday as goals from Moussa Dembele and James Forrest gave Brendan Rodgers’ side a 2-0 win, extending the unbeaten domestic run to an impressive 31 games.

And Bitton is delighted to be playing his part in the team’s fine form this season in the heart of the midfield.

“It’s always good to have a game and play,” Bitton told the Celtic View. “I just want to keep going. Every single one of us is part of Celtic and the team, and when the gaffer chooses us to play, we will give everything we possibly can, including me.

“When you don’t play, it’s quite difficult mentally and you are always thinking what am I doing wrong and why I’m not playing, but you need to accept it. When you play for a club like Celtic, there is competition for every position and you need to deal with it. I have played seven games in a row, I’m working hard and trying to show that I deserve to keep playing.”

And like the rest of his team-mates, Bitton is thriving under the guidance of Brendan Rodgers, with the Irishman already leading the Hoops to League Cup success, while the Hoops are 27 points clear at the top of the Premiership table, and in the quarter-final of the Scottish Cup.

Bitton explained: “He has worked with some of the best players in the world and he almost won the league with Liverpool. He is a big name, a big coach, and there is a lot we can learn from him.

“On top of that, he is a very honest man. He will tell you to your face what he is thinking about you and what you need to improve. Everyone gets a chance, and no-one in the squad can say they have never got a chance. He respects everyone and he tells you what you need to do, and as long as you do that, then you will get a chance.

What is said between me and the gaffer, I will keep to myself. Basically, the gaffer likes high-tempo, attacking football and he has been trying to improve these kinds of things in me, and I will do as much as I can to improve and learn, as there is a lot to learn from the gaffer.”

Swervedancer likes this.