1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Next Season

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by LectersLuncheon, Feb 1, 2019.

Discuss Next Season in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    I know older fans want us to just appreciate the current success, and I get that, but the sickening thing is Celtic's (under numerous boards and managers) complete refusal to improve from positions of strength.

We've turned over 100 million pounds two years running. Posted profits in a majority of the last 5 seasons. O'Neill, Lennon & Strachan all overachieved in Europe, giving the club tens of millions in revenue and untold benefits in brand exposure and positive image, each one without fail had their best players sold without adequate replacements. Now the same thing has happened to Rodgers.

I also accept Rodgers is atrocious at spotting a defender. This is blatantly obvious. But the board haven't given him proper money to buy sufficient quality. They'd rather publically embarrass him, letting him vent about a million wingers then giving him another loan of a winger he didn't want, need or even * see.

freitassen and G_portillo like this.
  2. Keano88

We all wanted a permanent solution to RB and CB this window but it’s done now and we move on.

We’ve strengthened enough to give ourselves a great chance of a treble treble and to compete vs Valencia imo.

Even though it isn’t ideal, we can deal with the defensive rebuild in the summer when it comes.

There’s no doubt that you get better value for money in the summer and more targets become available, so hopefully best things do come to those who wait :fear:

Callum McGregor and StPauli1916 like this.
  3. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Potential squad first day preseason 2019

Goalkeepers

Bain
    Gordon
    Hazard

Defenders

Ralston
    Ajer
    Simunovic
    Hendry
    Tierney

Wingers

Forrest
    Sinclair
    Arzani
    Shevd
    Johnstone
    Morgan

No10

Rogic
    Christie

Midfielders

Ntcham
    Brown
    McGregor
    Kouassi
    Bitton

Forwards

Edouard
    Griffiths
    Bayo

Seen someone post the possible hun squad for summer 2019.

The options at the back give me the absolute fear middle to front we look exceptionally strong.

4. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    Toljan and Weah are staying, get over it.

5. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    You really think I'd have spent that time on the Huns team and not our own

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  6. CheGuevara

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I find people's despair over our squad hilarious. You have no idea how bad it has been in the past.

I think we had a good window, and that what we have brought in will secure us the league without much trouble.

Loans are not ideal but they allow us to bring in quality that we otherwise can't afford. We are unfortunately stuck in our league with the shackles of our leagues finances. Other teams can outspend us and have great players without game time. This is a good source of quality players for us.

It is not an ideal situation - I grant you that, but we have good relationships with clubs all over Europe and they are willing to give us expensive talent for game time and development. That's just how it is presently.

tomlamb likes this.
  7. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside

That defence will cost us another champions league campaign.

* hope we pull the finger out and get deals done right off the bat.

8. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    The first part I would like to address, yes we have had worse teams, during the dreaded 90’s it was * awful and we nearly went under.

But this is not the 90’s, nor are we skint like then, we have never been in this great financial position ever, we have not had our main rivals die and have free reign to establish one of our best and most successful times since the 60’s domestically.

We have zero net spend, a top class stadium and it’s full near enough each home game, had European money come in really good sponsorship deals and made a massive profit from player sale tickets ect.

Yes other teams can out spend us but that does not mean we can’t add quality instead of loaning half a team.

People are * off cause the way the club have gone about their business, everyone can see what we need and it’s be neglected time and time again.

The cracks have been papered over till the summer and it all starts again.

I can understand why some fans are happy with this window as well as some are not.

I just hope the board have not pushed Rodgers over the edge with not getting the players he wanted.

Massive summer ahead like this window was massive. I hope we don’t get the good old Lawwell transfer play book of excuses come out again, same pish each year and we * it up again.

freitassen and G_portillo like this.
  9. duffyfaedenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    next year we will have the best team in the world in all fairness we have always had the best team in the world :ynwacelti

10. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    I duno if maybe iv missed sarcasm, but even without the add ons, as a £5m or so striker, Edouard hasnt done either enough or lived up to the hype for me.

freitassen likes this.
  11. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Maybe it was near enough all of the seasons budget. If lawell is as tight as we all believe him to be, he will have probably also factored in the add ons to any future transfer/wage budget.

12. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Its why we need to move early for our targets. Theres absolutely no reason that we waited so long to bid in mcginn other than we wanted to have hibs over a barrel with the possibility of signing him on a pre contract in January. It was so * by us it was hard to comprehend.

Shär was the third Brendan wanted. I wonder if we had moved early enough if we could beaten Newcastle to himZ early bird catches the worm.

bhoy81 likes this.
  13. jj81

In my opinion , we got to get 2 centre backs , a player to cut open defences straight into first team , a good few have to go , that's were folk get annoyed cos one might be their fav , fair enough.

It's fairly easy to see our defence has been out undoing for many years , I agree it's hard taking players from abroad as they see it as a stepping stone and being realistic it is

14. wulliebad

I honestly think we are heading for a * of a summer....we could be losing 5 players and there is no way in * they will be replaced....maybe by some of our(future super stars) who are not ready....3 loans on short term also makes me wonder if the manager will be here after the summer.

15. ApartPidgeon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    I hope you are correct.

If we can get Weah on loan another season plus rumours in Germany we have aoption to buy on Toljan

16. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Rodgers has said categorically there is no option to buy it’s a straight loan deal until the end of the season at this point.