1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Next Season

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by LectersLuncheon, Feb 1, 2019.

Discuss Next Season in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Theres seems to be a bit of relief if not elation within the boards today after the close of the window.

Personally im baffled by it.

This window was not a success. It wasnt even close to * "i suppose thatll do for now."

Once again we the supporters have been treated with utter disdain by the board.

And not one a defender that can help us finally find a "permanent" solution that sticks to aleviate the utter * that our backline is.

I know im gonna be accused of "whinging" or "never * happy are you" but the truth is we're being * *... again.

Weve lost another manager through our recruitment policy. Or hes simply clueless as to what we need.

Imo Rodgers is gone. Simple. This window proves he had one foot out the door and i for one will never forgive this board for letting a double treble winning manager leave without a fight.

All going to plan... this summer we will find ourselves heading into CL qualifiers with a backline worthy of a * diaster movie plotline such is the complete negligence that has been shown. Boyata, benko, lustig gone... ajer/jozo and kt could all be * injured given our record. Shameful.

6 month loans are a smack in teeth, i dont care if its a six month loan for a recently cloned larsson/messi hybrid with a golden *. How the * do they help us long term? How the * do they help us secure CL football nevermind the * 10?

* hotels, hybrid pitches, disco lights and lawells bonus? The board couldnt give a tupenny * about building assets on the pitch, only exploiting the assets in the stands to build a portfolio.

I said that if at least a RB and a CB werent brought in on a permanent basis then Dd, the board, lawell, even BR could go and * themselves.

Guess what... they can go * themselves.

May as well put up the "welcome to celtic steve clarke/ neil lennon" thread now and get ready for the groundhog day of transfer windows

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Brilliant no mention of Craig Gordon.

LectersLuncheon likes this.
  3. john2061

I have always said this board are not ambitious and chasing Brendan out the door has proved that.
    Time for a change at the top and someone who wants to take Celtic to another level when it comes to Europe.

BhoysInGreen and HH88 like this.
  4. themouth1888

Leaves a HUGE rebuild job in the summer which is terrible to think we are in that position .

Benkovic, Boyata, Toljan, Ntcham, Burke, Weah unless anything changes will be away.

We need to start showing some ambition and make sure we get 10 in a row as the only people stopping us from doing it are the board.

I will say that loan moves are very much a done think these days throughout the game but think we are going a little OTT with it

5. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Board clearly don’t trust Rodgers with cash, which is weird as all his ‘big money’ signings, Eddy, NtCham, Sinclair have worked a treat.

The lack of spending, no reinforcements in key areas and ‘a million wingers’ plus abundance of 6 month loans make it seem certain Rodgers won’t surpass the ‘3 year rule’ for Celtic managers. He definitely hasn’t sounded happy this season.

Board urgently need to get scouting in order. Of both players and staff.

Bertie Cauld likes this.
  6. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Signed 3 players who aren't deemed good enough to be at the club yet

And 3 players who'll be gone in 4 month

Over to you Bayo

:36:

7. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I can play Centre Half

And I’ve got a time machine

8. john2061

take me to lisbon 1967 please :57:

9. HH88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Don't know how many times I've said the board has zero ambition and we are heading towards disaster relying on a loan heavy system- which means we require to spend more money at once to bring in more recruits to fills the areas when they all leave. In this window particularily there's been a lot of people accusing others of * the bed etc and it's madness because madness is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Lawell is spending money on things that are irrelevant and missing investment in the capital of the core product at the end of the day. I agree I can see Rodgers gone as the transfer budget has gone beyond stingy and is setting the team back years. Anyone would be a complete fool to believe they'll open up the coffers and spend any substantial amount this summer, not after watching the same repetitive cycle year after year

10. MagnificentSeven Charly Musonda CSC

Only season ticket holders who have attended all away matches last season & the 2018 World Cup final can attend Lisbon 1967.

11. Eazey

Just to play Devil's advocates- we have the Best defence in the country

12. john2061

This is why steve clarke is a celtic boards dream came true with a guy taking kilmarnock to near top of the league with loan signings and small buys .
    so the celtic board will be thinking this is the man to take over next season and pay him half we pay brenadan rogers and give him half also to buy players so celtic fans better get use of loan signings a small buys next season.

13. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    That’s where I’m headed to in my sig :84:

14. CodyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Ninetoes Finder
    To be fair, most teams are using loans more now. Even the rich clubs in England have predominantly been loaning players as opposed to buying. I think people are over exaggerating the re build in the summer. We would need 2 centre backs and a right back. We wouldn't desperately need any other positions. We can also still sign players on a pre contract

littlekennie and Marty McFly like this.
  15. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    One part of that successful partnership may be out for the rest of the season.

16. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Deep breaths.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  17. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    :50:

18. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    That's good, but we also have the worst in Europe. And Europe is where we need to improve drastically on.
    If we build a team to perform in Europe, we then have a team that will wipe the floor in the league and cups.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

19. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    3 of them are out with injuries and there is a possibility that KT and Benkovic could be our for a long time.

Come the end of the season 3 of that best defence in the country will not be at the club.

Just to play devils advocate here.

Xatraps and PEI#1 like this.
  20. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

For the purposes of ensuring we win the league this season the window was a 'success'; but that in itself is an indictment of the strategy at the club.

Given we're on a cycle of winning leagues it should not have came down to securing 3 young players on 6 month loans in January to ensure the winning run kept going. With a modest investment in the summer we could have secured Champions League football and all it's riches, kept the feel-good factor going and not given any of our rivals any reason to think we were on the decline.

We all know what happened in the summer so it's pointless going over it. We all know we've spent and are spending substantial sums on non-essential costs like lights and hotels while the team on the park is failing to consistently reach the heights it should. We all know about the exorbitant bonuses paid out during this period.

It's clear that our club is being run with the sole intent of being better than domestic opposition and spending as little money as we can to do so. That is the frustrating thing for us as supporters.

There needs to be a better balance found between balancing the books and showing some ambition to put the best team on the park possible. At present we're not finding it and I don't think we ever will under the current structure.