1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Newspapers

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Peej, Apr 9, 2017.

Discuss Newspapers in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Bought a newspaper for the first time in * knows how long. I'm ashamed to say it is the sun on Sunday. I was in a rush and just nabbed the first thing I saw with a decent back page - lawwell Brendan and Lennon all on it.

I am on page 8 and already I feel more stupid. The amount of typos is unreal for a national print. The flipping and flopping of how they refer to people "bojo" then "mr Johnstone" in the next sentence. The use of "evil Assad regime" giving too much of a personal opinion. A column piece on dangerous dogs and toddlers, is only 6 small paragraphs but I had to read it 3 times to get the point and structure right in my head.

I know this is a * newspaper, I really should have went with my first instinct on a magazine. But come on to *, aren't these people well paid who edit and write these things? I swear I'm going to change profession to a journalist if this is the level of skill required.

2. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Mr T drinks ice tea is an actual story. I need to stop reading this already.

3. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Put it in a recycling bin.

Peej likes this.